Discovery Gaming Community
To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. (/showthread.php?tid=148938)

To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Enkidu - 03-23-2017

[Image: pk5fGEQ.gif]

[Image: 0uItNxs.jpg]

Sender ID: Nesrin Ezra Elhertani Khan.

Designation: Freelancer.

Transmission Source: Omicron Kappa.

Transmission Recipient: Marie Mercier.

Subject: No place to go.

Priority: Medium.

[Image: orKiRFG.gif]

Hey, Marie. Been a while.

Hhph.

I guess I’m coming at you out on a limb with this - and God, I don’t want to beg your trust, nor do you owe me anything, but I’m strung out, Marie. I’m presently all washed up with nowhere to go, nowhere to run, watching shadows.

I did the right thing and listened to where the wind blows. I’m out of Auxesia - out. Signed my resignation papers and sorted my accounts. Didn’t let me walk with so much as a pension.

I was going to run to Vertiga and ask him to show me around the isles of his homeland, but it’s going to be a while before I can face going back down to the Bretonian border. I’ve been stuck in the shadows staring down the purpocalypse for long enough to gain eye strain whenever I look anywhere that isn’t afire. Gotta’ go slow, or I’ll relapse, you know?

I need a place to crash. Kinda’ weird somebody who took you out on an abortive date and trysted with some of your friends - I know. It’ll only be for the short term and I’m kinda’ embarrassed about begging. At least you won’t need to feed me.

Oh. If you can stretch it - somewhere with a sky, with rain.

Again - sorry. What can I say? I'm crap at dates.

RE: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Foxglove - 03-24-2017

[Image: N6tvHfH.png]

[Image: HHLpytK.png]
Sender: Geneviève Marie Mercier
Recipient: Nesrin Khan
Topic: RE: No place to go.

Oh, uhm, 'ello. I've, well, not reckoned with this. The, uh, thing on Curacao - forget it. It's alright. I guess I never really was one for such settings either.

I'm not really sure whether, you know, you'd like to 'crash' at my place, since, well, Cardamine, Malta. Like, it's just that I don't know if you are affected by these... things. *There is a pause for several moments.*

I'm not really good at these things. I'm trying, you know. I'm trying to sound friendly but I can't do it over comm channels. If you're not too put off by the prospect of Malta, I can offer you a stay, for a while. Where are you right now? Do you need a lift? There 'ave been... things recently and I find myself with a lot of free time on my 'ands now.

All in all it wasn't bad. And it's nice to 'ear from you again, Nesrin. There is something in your voice that I find soothing.

</disconnecting from neural net>
</transmission terminated>

RE: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Enkidu - 03-24-2017

Thanks. For a Bretonian, I really should trip out more at that accent.

Affected? What, physically? No clue. Cardamine does all sorts of wacky stuff other than make you high. What it’ll do to my physiology doesn’t touch what the sim’s going to make me do…

I’m rambling.

…I’m not going to cause a political nightmare, am I? You get that every element of my consciousness is a front for an Alien intelligence gathering algorithm that likes doctoring me up to be real sympathetic , so I can kinda’ lumber my seven foot tall self through a mall without being the subject of a holomovie about Killer Robots from Outer space, right? And that any kind of tangible human moment isn’t real, more like than not, yep?

You know simulation theory? That nagging, improvable half-science, half-philosophy that we might just all be personality projections in a… video game, or whatever?

For me, it’s dangerously relevant.

*pause*

I left Auxesia to get away from these world-crystallising consequences. Y’know? Sometimes Pinocchio wants to be a frickin’ real woman without having an allegorical tale told about her journey from A to X.

I’m in, uh, Kappa. Currently, in the arse of a Dromedary, mine - been conserving drive fuel until I figured out where I could go. Don’t have the range to get to the core worlds. Nothing blue and green that cannot be seen has popped me yet. Got essentially no credits.

I’m at the point where I blew the life support products out the ship to save mass. Counting potential energy by the microjoule, Crap like that.

Hph. I'm stretching like a yogi trying to remember my musculature, and every breath I take isn't so much as a diaphragmatic flex.

I think you’re the closest thing I have to someone who cared - because you weren’t interested. You didn’t care. I wasn’t a freak show, a threat, or a tool to an agenda, you wern’t trying to shoot at me, and you weren’t making a try on me. You didn’t… do that thing that people from… your… side…. do. You know.

I want to tell this whole knife-in-the-dark bullcrap to hang itself. Ultimately it doesn’t matter future’s outlined to Sirius - I want to go home, I want to be a normal, irrelevant, perishable person again.

‘Course, that’s not happening.

I… think… I can deal with Malta. Never touched the surface.

How much would it screw up your life you were happy to stash me some place for a few days, fortnight, till I figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life?

Sorry to freeload. I just ran out of options.

You’re the most normal person I still know, and that’s… ugh. That’s saying something, isn't it? Jesus christ.

RE: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Foxglove - 03-25-2017

[Image: HBuLj9K.png]

*She seems a bit clueless as to how she should really respond to Nesrin's wordy reply, given that some of it had been rather foreboding as well.*

I'm not sure I get all that. Uh, political nightmare? Not really. Everything around 'ere is a 'otbed of political inbreeding and other saucy things. Not that I understand much of that. The inbreeding, I mean. *There is an awkward silence as she looks at something off camera for a moment, her eyes moving from left to right.* Uhm, I think visiting malls is probably a bad idea anyways. If you need something, there are servants who can do that... Alright, not sure if that sounded strange to an outsider or not. Malta makes you think weirdly about... stuff. Yes.

*There is a sigh before she holds up a piece of paper with the bullet points: 'Talk about creating horror movies', 'Psychology stuff I got no clue about That's a bad idea', 'Make joke about floating in a ship meditating to ease the mood', and 'Why we could just meet'.*

You know, I never 'ad this before. I think you're just too intelligent for me to really, like, match you. *A dry chuckle.* I even need notes to remember everything you said. Weird, huh? Don't worry about me 'ere; I'll just- I'll fetch some Deuterium for your Dromedary, okay? It does use Deuterium, right? We'll come back together, then.

RE: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Enkidu - 03-25-2017

Thanks. I’m not smart. As in, I’m stupid. I’m just literate, wordy and forward. Irritated Raven no end, and she’s famous for calling anybody who even slightly tilts her an idiot. No idea how that Jared man keeps conscious. He’s either got a nomad running his wires or he takes painkillers by the truckload.

*You see her steel fingers collapsing into fists. A ringlet of steel buckles amidst the mass of strained plasteel cords, the whites showing of her ceramic knuckles, like the skeleton of a pathologist’s dummy.*

God. Screw Raven.

*She suddenly remembers she’s still hooked into the neural interface.*

Alright. I’d happily fly back with you.

Wait, when did matching with me, or, more pressingly, not ev… Uh.

Alright. Certainties - yes, good, tangibles. Positive vibes. *She lacks conviction.*

It’s an H-fuel burner. Deuterium…. probably will work. Yes it will.

Sorry if I’ve weirded you out. You can back out and leave me floating if you want. Wait, no, sounds like I’m guilt tripping. Ugh.

….Look, I’m really in a bad place here. Thanks for doing this.

Oh, and um. I’m already asking a lot.

If at any point conversations start happening about certain elephants in the room, I’m just going to…. ignore them. As in, uh. I don’t want to know if I dated an incubi or not. Please?

*she indents her polymerised tongue.*

I’m sorry there isn’t anything I can do to make this less communique less awkward. It’ll be helped when we see each other. Power is basically off and I’ve been sitting her in a near vacuum squared between the walls, trying not to float anywhere. I’ll be more lucid when we’ve got the fuel. I promise.

If there's anything I can do to repay you, say it. I mean that without getting a stick up my arse. You're probably going to be saving my life.

Oh right. Nearly forgot.

The ship's marked Aeshma. The engines are bonafide, factory-setting, borderworlds. All the other systems are... wierd.

I don't want to talk about them, either.

Anyway - brain, running on, 0.12%, power. Optimistically.

Conserving so the time moves faster. That's why I'm only half lucid.

I'm being a prat, but you're... charming, fun. Next time - can I buy the meal?

I know a place on Cambridge. Give or take no apocalypses.

See you soon.

RE: To Marie Mercier. From Nesrin Khan. - Foxglove - 03-25-2017

[Image: aggwOKV.png]

*She seemed lightly amused now, which eased her somewhat.* You know what's funny about this? When we first met, I thought you could, like, look through me with some sort of x-ray vision or something. Was one of the reasons why I thought you didn't kill me was that I thought you could look inside me.

In any case, uh... oh right, energy... problems. Uh, go sleep a little, okay? Is that even sleeping? Uhm, I'll be on my way.