Discovery Gaming Community
Best anti fighter ship? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Best anti fighter ship? (/showthread.php?tid=148953)

Best anti fighter ship? - Zeerow - 03-24-2017

Hello,
I am new and was wondering what the best Gunboat is? Some people have told me that gunboats are garbage now, but I want to play one that easly wrecks fighters/bombers. Also I would like to know what guns to equip that gunboat with. A cruiser or Destroyer can be used if it is true that a gunboat is a waste of time.

Thank you!

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Sombs - 03-24-2017

If you're going to throw cruisers and destroyers into snub fights, people will give you ooRP a very hard time, harder than relying on a gunboat. Basically, you want to take either Condor (better arcs), the Montante (looks nice), the Kusari Explorer (current meta) or the Corvo (cruiser shields, but way less useful in fights). You equip them with Solaris on the normal slots and give them either Razors - if you are good at aiming - or use gunboat missiles on a focused target, preferably when the shields of the target are down.

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Zeerow - 03-24-2017

Wow! A quick and informative response. Thank you for your help Sombra.

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Epo - 03-24-2017

You will need experience in flying anyways. There is no ship that will be a reaper in new player's hands. Even two decent fighters might poof a gunboat, which doesn't know what it is doing. The gunboat you might want to use depends on the ID you have / want to use.

Are gunboats garbage? No, I don't think so. It's just that pretty much every ship needs some effort and practice in flying

For antifighter setup, you will need to use solaris turrets and maybe a gunboat missile, which is pain in engines due to being useful. A d a capital armor upgrade mk 5 or preferably 6

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Unlucky_Soul - 03-24-2017

I would suggest a Bottlenose, if it hasnt been nerfed yet. dunno if it has

Please keep in mind that you either need the fitting ID to fly a faction ship or inRP get the permission to fly it. The Bottlenose is BHG tech and they only let BHG fly it.

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Cursetantine - 03-24-2017

Why exactly Kusari Explorer is the current meta? Cus they fixed it's arcs? Isn't it still very slow compared to rest?

The shape makes the difference. It's like the Anzu, very hard to hit if you're not blind-firing.

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Cobe - 03-24-2017

If you want to learn to play Gunboats I suggest learning Turret Steering if you don't yet know how to. Link

RE: Best anti fighter ship? - Zeerow - 03-24-2017

On paper the Imperator looks like a great gunboat. Has anyone used it?