Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server (/showthread.php?tid=149324)

Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - atomic - 04-11-2017

Hi Everyone,

I have been having problems with both my Freelancer Discovery accounts.

Prior.ATOMIC
Prior.of.Balance.ATOMIC

I can load Freelancer fine without any issues.
Then I select Discovery 24/7 server from the list and select either of the two accounts.
The game starts to load and then the screen goes blank and the program stops responding.

I have tested another Discovery hosted server and I connect onto that one fine without any crashing issues.

Also a friend of mine has mentioned that on one of the attempts of my trying to log in.
The server displayed a "Player has been kicked for possible cheating".

I am not sure what is happening but this is becoming pretty frustrating.
I have re-installed my Freelancer game and tested this again but it's still the same issue.

One account will be docked and another will be out in space.

I don't see how this should make any difference.

It is possible I might have picked up loot from a wreck but I don't understand how this will cause an instability of the game.

I am looking forward to hearing from you fellas. :-)

RE: Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - St.Denis - 04-11-2017

I have checked both of your Ships and they appear fine.

It could be that you are experiencing connection problems as the Server is suggesting that you connection isn't very good.

Try resetting your Router and try again.

RE: Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - Cælumaresh - 04-11-2017

Try pressing shift + F12 just before you log the ship. I have this at times and doing this fixes the gamecrash.

RE: Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - aerelm - 04-12-2017

I've been having the same problem for over a couple of years now, and even though I haven't managed to figure out the actual cause, I have managed to come up with an easy and straightforward workaround for it: When you select your character and it starts loading, minimize the game then wait a few seconds (as long as that loading screen after char selection takes) and then jump back into the game and start playing without any problems.

RE: Freelancer crashing after trying to log into Server - diamond1 - 04-12-2017

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Serious note though, I get kicked by the anticheat due to particular suspicious lagspikes which react the anticheat into kicking myself often, haven't been happening for a while.

Have you tried remounting your weapons? there was a weapons update that requires you to do that.

Have you tried resetting your router? it might help the first problem.