Discovery Gaming Community
Someone please model this awesome ship! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Someone please model this awesome ship! (/showthread.php?tid=149538)

Pages: 1 2

Someone please model this awesome ship! - Crazyr0m - 04-18-2017

I hope I am posting in the right place, sorry if not and tell me where should it be.
Found this ship online, its incredibly awesome! (Ignore the texture of course):
[Image: 1490114103192188066.jpg]
[Image: 149011410617365451.jpg]
[Image: 1490114104171889637.jpg]

came from here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/395774?browseid=574213

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - WesternPeregrine - 04-18-2017

Can you do something about the tendency of oversized pictures? Use [img=XxY] in them, where X is the width and Y is height. Dont go over 750 pixels in each parameter please.

As for the ship, it's probably protected content and not something we could just emulate. I believe we already have some pointy, arrow shaped ships somewhere in the mod.

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Crazyr0m - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 09:49 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Can you do something about the tendency of oversized pictures? Use [img=XxY] in them, where X is the width and Y is height. Dont go over 750 pixels in each parameter please.

As for the ship, it's probably protected content and not something we could just emulate. I believe we already have some pointy, arrow shaped ships somewhere in the mod.

The images are not oversized, check its info, says just 600px width.
No need for "probably", there is a link to authors web page.

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - WesternPeregrine - 04-18-2017

Fair point on the images. Smartphone was deceiving.

Upon exploring the link, I understand it's a reskin for a Hemlock fighter of Warhammer 40k Eldar race. Such imports from other series are not allowed on Discord anymore, for good or bad.

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Crazyr0m - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 10:16 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Fair point on the images. Smartphone was deceiving.

Upon exploring the link, I understand it's a reskin for a Hemlock fighter of Warhammer 40k Eldar race. Such imports from other series are not allowed on Discord anymore, for good or bad.

If modeled to Frelancer low polygon and straight lines, I am sure it would still maintain the awesome look, but be changed enough to not to be legally linked to the warhammer...

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Hubjump - 04-19-2017

just get the upholder bomber, close enough
https://sketchfab.com/models/a026a2af305b45d2b2ec58f4b44813e3

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Alestone - 04-19-2017

(04-18-2017, 10:16 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Upon exploring the link, I understand it's a reskin for a Hemlock fighter of Warhammer 40k Eldar race. Such imports from other series are not allowed on Discord anymore, for good or bad.

[Image: 99120104032_HemlockWraithfighterBox01.jpg]

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Crazyr0m - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 12:04 AM)hubjump Wrote: just get the upholder bomber, close enough
https://sketchfab.com/models/a026a2af305b45d2b2ec58f4b44813e3

Yeah, sure, identical, why did I even bother to post the images, how stupid of me.

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Epo - 04-19-2017

In case of similar thoughts in the future, even if you somehow get someone to model something for you, there's a little to no chance of it being fully implemented and playable on the Disco main server. The only exception might be a SRP (Special Roleplay Request), but even such requires a detailed RP background, descriptions and progress (etc.) of your character. Even then, the Developers might not be willing to add a completely -new- vessel to already existing game.

If my knowledge is right, in it's current state, Discovery has only a few custom ships, being Persephone, IRG research ship (forgot the name) and maybe some admin only vessels. Oh and I forgot some fancy @Alleys toys, like the Ish'tar and Nom Suncrusher (fat thingy).
Most if not all of the vessels in question, actually belong to official factions (TAZ, K'Hara, IRG), which have showed lots of effort and have been tested in various situations.

I don't want to demotivate you from doing anything, you might still be able to reach your goals, if only you put lots of quality effort into it. In reality, it's very difficult tho.

Even a simple reskin (change of textures) of the vessel might not be as easy to get.

For some insight, check the bottom section of this page. All the mentioned vessels as special ones, are either official faction's or admin-only stuff.

As a sidenote:

Dark Eldar > Eldar

RE: Someone please model this awesome ship! - Crazyr0m - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 02:45 PM)Epona Wrote: In case of similar thoughts in the future, even if you somehow get someone to model something for you, there's a little to no chance of it being fully implemented and playable on the Disco main server. The only exception might be a SRP (Special Roleplay Request), but even such requires a detailed RP background, descriptions and progress (etc.) of your character. Even then, the Developers might not be willing to add a completely -new- vessel to already existing game.

If my knowledge is right, in it's current state, Discovery has only a few custom ships, being Persephone, IRG research ship (forgot the name) and maybe some admin only vessels. Oh and I forgot some fancy @Alleys toys, like the Ish'tar and Nom Suncrusher (fat thingy).
Most if not all of the vessels in question, actually belong to official factions (TAZ, K'Hara, IRG), which have showed lots of effort and have been tested in various situations.

I don't want to demotivate you from doing anything, you might still be able to reach your goals, if only you put lots of quality effort into it. In reality, it's very difficult tho.

Even a simple reskin (change of textures) of the vessel might not be as easy to get.

For some insight, check the bottom section of this page. All the mentioned vessels as special ones, are either official faction's or admin-only stuff.

As a sidenote:

Dark Eldar > Eldar

In my understanding, there are multiple non-vanilla vessels that someone modeled an devs introduced them ingame. Say the new just released model for Storta cruiser. I understand that someone modeled it and devs accepted the model and replaced an old model with it, or am I wrong?

What I wanted with this warhammer ship, is that it would me available as a model that devs can put ingame, as a replacement to some old ship, or as an entirely new ship. I just think it has awesome design and deserves to be in the Freelancer, that's all.

I don't have any "goals", its like "guys, look, an awesome design, I think if you ever would add some new ship to freelancer, this is an excellent candidate, consider using this model, everyone will love it!".