Discovery Gaming Community
How to reset a reputation? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: How to reset a reputation? (/showthread.php?tid=149793)

Pages: 1 2

How to reset a reputation? - Crazyr0m - 04-26-2017

Well, I have a ship, it has some ID.
I want to change the ID, forever (and sell old one) same as /restart except the "restart" will also delete my ship, right?

Is there a way to reset the ENTIRE reputation equivalently to "restart", except without losing an expensive ship?

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Swordmaster - 04-26-2017

Good question. I'm also curious about this.

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Corile - 04-26-2017

Nope. You can adjust it by mounting another ID but this will not reset it, just add rephacks of the new id to your standard repsheet which can have disastrous consequences.

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Kiith - 04-26-2017

There is always the good old way of mission grinding your way through factions that you can get missions for and which are related to the factions that you want to improve relations with in combination with using bribes, but that is going to take quite some time and might not be possible at all.

RE: How to reset a reputation? - sasapinjic - 04-26-2017

You cant express change already existing character , only way to do it is to first change ID then take bribes for whatever you need , or kill enemy NPC of faction you want good rep with .

Example : Want good relations with Corsairs ? Kill Outcasts , Red Hessians , Coalition and such .

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Toris (Old Account) - 04-26-2017

You can take bribes and/or kill factions that are hostile to faction you want to be buds with. Of course, take into account that some IDs obviously won't allow you to be friends with certain factions.

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Crazyr0m - 04-26-2017

I know of the regular way to do it, bribes, missions, but I was hoping that there could be a way like /droprep or some kind of /restart.keepship command.
In some cases I want a major change and would have to waste like 3 days just doing missions do get closer to a desired /restart

Imagine if I have a corsair, entire world hates him, and I want to use Kruger ID and have Kruger rep. Currently the only way is to sell ship on Marketplace, add many millions and start new character?

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Norael - 04-26-2017

You could kindly ask the admin team to help you. They like to do good deeds like that sometimes.

RE: How to reset a reputation? - Crazyr0m - 04-28-2017

(04-26-2017, 05:44 PM)Norael Wrote: You could kindly ask the admin team to help you. They like to do good deeds like that sometimes.
they sure can do anything, but its not very nice to waste their time to save our credits, would be great if there was some other option...

RE: How to reset a reputation? - casualty - 04-28-2017

(04-26-2017, 05:41 PM)Crazyr0m Wrote: Imagine if I have a corsair, entire world hates him, and I want to use Kruger ID and have Kruger rep. Currently the only way is to sell ship on Marketplace, add many millions and start new character?

The thing is, this is RP server and such big changes in character affiliations must be justified somehow from inRP standpoint in the first place. For example, if you are defecting from Corsairs to Rheinland, you need to RP it first, before changing reputation of your character. Such things normally don't happen out of blue.

Then, if you ever want to start a new character, just start a new character. Making money is really easy and can also be fun in this game.

Cheers and have fun!