Discovery Gaming Community
Stuck in trade lanes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Stuck in trade lanes (/showthread.php?tid=149836)

Stuck in trade lanes - Bellepheron - 04-28-2017

Dear Admin

As I get bigger ships I notice that some of them tend to get stuck at the entrance to trade lanes. Not all big ships I add.
Currently I am trying the Shetland. Good cargo but absolute rubbish when telling it to dock at a trade lane unless you are absolutely dead center of trade lane before hitting dock.
Exiting a Jump gate, selecting the next waypoint and then hitting dock is a recipe for disaster and the /stuck command fails to get me free. This allows pirates and anyone else who wants to take a pot shot at me free reign to kick my 6.
Is this a common fault which makes using large transports useless or do I have a problem? If I have to line the vessel up each time then again the loss of speed is detrimental to survival.

Interested in your answer

Regards

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - Inferno - 04-28-2017

It is a very common problem for large vessels. Most ships that are of large size or 'unique' shape tend to have problems when docking. This is normal and not easily fixed. Once you spend some more time in your large vessel of choice you will become acclimated to how it docks with solar objects and lanes.

I use the following logic, should I get stuck in the lane:
1) Can I back up quickly?
1a) Sure, do it, redock.
1b) No, move to #2
2) /stuck
2a)Works, in lane.
2b) Didn't work, everything is worse. Go to #3.
3) Cruise to the next lane.

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - Kauket - 04-28-2017

Use cockpit view and try to align to the center of the ring - and some distance.

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - DarkAngel430 - 04-28-2017

I had a Shetland and I have no complaint, you should try to dock as straight and at the middle as possible. Using WASD (boxing keys) as you approach the tradelane helps. If you practise with Carriers, you'll find manoeuvering a transport a cinch... Hope it helps...

[Image: 262170_full.jpg]

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - St.Denis - 04-28-2017

I find I have no problems, with the Shetland, as I use quick-dock when docking with TLs.

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - Thunderer - 04-28-2017

I fly battleships all the time and have no problem docking because I simply do this:

First get into position, so my ship is at the centre of the lane, half of it being ahead and half behind it. Only then I click "dock".

PS: This is the "quick-dock" St.Denis is talking about.

RE: Stuck in trade lanes - Bellepheron - 04-28-2017

Well Many thanks for all the tips and advice. Most of these actions I take but, as yet, no answer so I guess I need more practice to develop my skills. In the meantime pirates will continue to flame my six. Its the game. I suppose a pirate would note challenge a Battleship but a trader is an easy target.

Thanks again