Discovery Gaming Community
Development Notice: Player List - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Development Notice: Player List (/showthread.php?tid=150094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Kauket - 05-07-2017

>>enemy enters a system that has your own home
>>you log on to patrol the system

"HURRDURR YOUR SHADOAE WAGGING ME"

Stop it. It's dumb. It isn't metagaming. Openly saying you know inRP that there's someone in the system is, because it's taking oorp into RP.

Patrolling isn't OORP. If you loiter a near a solar object on the map and get caught, you deserve it.

I'm glad the player list is back and it looks great, good work on it.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Xenon - 05-07-2017

@"Auzari" Who said that patrolling is OORP ? ^^
Actually i am saying that people use the player's list to see where are players located and they login to there and start interaction
BUT, patrolling is sending ships to certain areas patrolling it from time to time, maintaining security and searching for any violating vessels.
Take it easy ...

^^

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Sombs - 05-07-2017

Nyx, we had that discussion in the green room already. While you see no problem with it, I see one: When you already know what is going to happen, from evidence, being forced into certain situations, especially when they involve terrorist IDs and switching from asset to asset, why would people even bother logging anymore?

You want patrols? Patrol, not playerlist. Turning a serious issue into a meme doesn't help you much.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Ace Razgriz - 05-07-2017

*Player list back on*

Most people: Hooray, thank you! This is actually really awesome!

The same old faces: OHMYGODAREYOUKIDDINGMESHADOWLOGGING*carrot*FACES

Thank you nevertheless <3

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Kauket - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Nyx, we had that discussion in the green room already. While you see no problem with it, I see one: When you already know what is going to happen, from evidence, being forced into certain situations, especially when they involve terrorist IDs and switching from asset to asset, why would people even bother logging anymore?

You want patrols? Patrol, not playerlist.

This really isn't the discussion for this; and you were given plenty of chances to - you know - change what you're doing. You could have taken another jumphole instead of afk trading past a Nomad base - which I was trying to provide challenge, other people took the different route too.

No one is going to log into an empty system and fly around for 30 minutes doing nothing. Again, not a discussion, nor an argument.

@Xenon, I was saying the term in general and people whining over every single detail is just really pathetic, and yes, people find it easier to "find blame" because the population is smaller.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Sombs - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 10:51 PM)Auzari Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Nyx, we had that discussion in the green room already. While you see no problem with it, I see one: When you already know what is going to happen, from evidence, being forced into certain situations, especially when they involve terrorist IDs and switching from asset to asset, why would people even bother logging anymore?

You want patrols? Patrol, not playerlist.

This really isn't the discussion for this; and you were given plenty of chances to - you know - change what you're doing. You could have taken another jumphole instead of afk trading past a Nomad base - which I was trying to provide challenge, other people took the different route too.

No one is going to log into an empty system and fly around for 30 minutes doing nothing. Again, not a discussion

@Xenon, I was saying the term in general and people whining over every single detail is just really pathetic, and yes, people find it easier to "find blame" because the population is smaller.

Hey, I post 500 arguments and then tell you to not argue here, because wrong thread.

When you do stuff repeatedly with malicious intent, the issue is with you, Nyx.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Corile - 05-07-2017

Thanks Alley for returning the systems to the playerlist so I can shadowlog Xenon again.

<3

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Xenon - 05-08-2017

(05-07-2017, 11:32 PM)Corile Wrote: Thanks Alley for returning the systems to the playerlist so I can shadowlog Xenon again.

<3

[Image: de8.jpg]

RE: Development Notice: Player List - AnneMadelline - 05-08-2017

(05-07-2017, 10:51 PM)Auzari Wrote: No one is going to log into an empty system and fly around for 30 minutes doing nothing. Again, not a discussion, nor an argument.

Actually, i do. It's quite relaxing to follow npc patrols around and forget about the rest.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Antonio - 05-08-2017

First day of the player list being back: 100 players online.