Discovery Gaming Community
Development Notice: Player List - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Development Notice: Player List (/showthread.php?tid=150094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Development Notice: Player List - sasapinjic - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 07:00 AM)Antonio Wrote: First day of the player list being back: 100 players online.

^ Naah , thats just my customers loged-in to buy/sell more Capital ships !

RE: Development Notice: Player List - HanCloudstone - 05-08-2017

@Antonio shots fired.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - sindroms - 05-08-2017

This is not a topic for discussion.

The server online list was modified not to show system names as a part of an experiment to see how would it impact server online count and overall ingame performance. The experiment was over and yielded no distinct differences in player behavior or the amount of violation reports. The list was later taken down due to technical issues - ones that have almost been fully fixed.

The list as it stands, is not going to go away in for the foreseeable future.

As for our views on Shadowlogging.
First of all, Shadowlogging is not something that can be ever added to the server rules like Metagaming and Powergaming, due to what it represents. The difference between Shadowlogging and players logging in to participate in player interactions and activity is so borderline thin, it may never be enforced from a rule standpoint. It is too much of a gray area for us to interpret.
Players need to understand that player interactions on Discovery Freelancer come in the form of text roleplay and roleplay action that also include PVP. There will always be players who will log for either of these two interactions. There are going to be malicious parties that try to stomp players into submission, but those can be dealt with under different server rules.

Viewing pvp interaction as shadowlogging is extremely unhealthy for the player, both new and old. Please stop using and mis-using this term.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Geoffacake - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 07:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: As for our views on Shadowlogging.
Shadowlogging is not something that can be ever added to the server rules

it may never be enforced from a rule standpoint.

Viewing pvp interaction as shadowlogging is extremely unhealthy for the player, both new and old. Please stop using and mis-using this term.

[Image: tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif]

This, thank god. Finally some green-text on the subject, people need to stop trying to gain PvP immunity by throwing the term around to make others fear about possible sanctions, its dumb and wrong.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Valhalla Sr. - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 07:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: Viewing pvp interaction as shadowlogging is extremely unhealthy for the player, both new and old. Please stop using and mis-using this term.

[Image: tumblr_mzh0hqMANs1qfaa86o1_400.gif]

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Dave Synk - 05-08-2017

And I hope @sindroms that the Admin staff will review accordingly these accusations in the future, regarding shadow logging. I think a lot of the complaints are just frustrations and whatsoever.

Also another important thing the staff should be taken is the fragile population that the server has and because of that, interactions are needed to happen. Flexibility is required for the server to thrive again. We had a peak last evening, I hope to see it constantly.

Thanks.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Enkidu - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 11:57 AM)Dave.Synk Wrote: And I hope @sindroms that the Admin staff will review accordingly these accusations in the future, regarding shadow logging. I think a lot of the complaints are just frustrations and whatsoever.

Also another important thing the staff should be taken is the fragile population that the server has and because of that, interactions are needed to happen. Flexibility is required for the server to thrive again. We had a peak last evening, I hope to see it constantly.

Thanks.

Haven't seen pop like this for years. Keep it up!

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Vendetta - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 07:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: Viewing pvp interaction as shadowlogging is extremely unhealthy for the player, both new and old. Please stop using and mis-using this term.

Holy crap someone finally said it in green. Thank you.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Sombs - 05-08-2017

Could that be added to the rule clarification thread then?

(05-08-2017, 07:14 AM)sindroms Wrote: Viewing pvp interaction as shadowlogging is extremely unhealthy for the player, both new and old.

There are going to be malicious parties that try to stomp players into submission, but those can be dealt with under different server rules.

I think both those sentences are very important. It's one thing to log for PvP, as everyone and their mother does, but I can see people shielding themselves with that line to an extent that is just as unhealthy as their general behavior.

RE: Development Notice: Player List - Jack_Henderson - 05-08-2017

I prefer the list as it is now (with systems).
And I fully agree with the green statement.

I hope the green statement on "shadowloging" kills off this term that has been overused to a ridiculous degree, which in turn made the relevant instances of abuse harder to get taken for serious. Good riddance.