Discovery Gaming Community
Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY (/showthread.php?tid=150409)

Pages: 1 2

Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Shaggy - 05-20-2017

Hello community,

I know i'm not the only person with this issue, it has been bought up to the Dev's and the Admin's should be aware of it also. Since the last patch and the patch before people have started to suffer with a large amount of FPS lag while ingame it self. This mostly occurs when inside a PoB equipment dealer that is full of equipment such as codenames, cloaks or even commodities. But since the patch this lag has also occured whiled docked on a Planet or a normal NPC station as well as joining into a fight such as Liberty Navy vs Outcasts at Planet Manhattan, with all the different effects it makes it laggy. It is weird and I have no idea how to fix it. I know that i am not the only one with this issue but a few people and it is making people not log because it's annoying as hell..

I am on Windows 10 and all my updates are done, installed and everything is working, I am using a Razer Deathstalker and Razer Adder mouse and keyboard and all my drivers are working there also. I do have a Razer mouse mat for smooth running and sensitivity also. Not only that but I recently installed more RAM into my computer to make it run that little bit faster. I have also uninstalled my freelancer that had a sound mod and SWAG Pack to a fresh install and the problem still happens. But it is only happening while on discovery and the Discovery GC Server.

I do also have my FPS capped at 150 and it shows while ingame at 130 - 150 depending on my location, system, if i'm in a fight and so on, but I still have FPS lag, I type /ping and there is no effect there, so can someone please explain on how to fix this issue. I have tried Properties on my exe for discovery and put it as compatibility for Windows 7, i've tried XP and Windows 8 also and still getting the same problem, I run discovery in administrator and still happens.

Again I know i'm not the only person with this situation so if someone has had this problem and knows how to fix it please provide details on how to make it work again properly.

Thank you

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Kauket - 05-20-2017

GPU and CPU?

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Shaggy - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 03:52 PM)Auzari Wrote: GPU and CPU?

I believe it's my GPU

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Kauket - 05-20-2017

No, WHAT is your GPU+CPU

(05-20-2017, 03:56 PM)Auzari Wrote: No, WHAT is your GPU+CPU

Oh, you never said that...

My Processor: AMD 6300 Six-Core Processor
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (Bad I know)
8.00 GB of DDR 3 Ram

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Vendetta - 05-20-2017

Is Freelancer running on more than one core of your FX 6300? You might have better luck changing its affinity to a single one, as I had to do that with mine. Otherwise it sounds like it isn't using your GPU, but rather the integrated graphics on the CPU.

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Skorak - 05-20-2017

Are those 130-150 fps rather stable? Or do you experience frequent spikes? Did you try locking them at 60 or something instead to see if the game feels better?

(05-20-2017, 04:10 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Is Freelancer running on more than one core of your FX 6300? You might have better luck changing its affinity to a single one, as I had to do that with mine. Otherwise it sounds like it isn't using your GPU, but rather the integrated graphics on the CPU.

I've honestly, never done this before so wouldn't know how to do it.

RE: Please help - FPS Lag ingame ONLY - Vendetta - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 04:14 PM)Shaggy Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 04:10 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Is Freelancer running on more than one core of your FX 6300? You might have better luck changing its affinity to a single one, as I had to do that with mine. Otherwise it sounds like it isn't using your GPU, but rather the integrated graphics on the CPU.

I've honestly, never done this before so wouldn't know how to do it.

Google it. I haven't done it in a while but it's through task manager and the program needs to be running.

(05-20-2017, 04:11 PM)Skorak Wrote: Are those 130-150 fps rather stable? Or do you experience frequent spikes? Did you try locking them at 60 or something instead to see if the game feels better?

Don't really experience much spikes unless I got into a fight I turn all my graphic's right the way down to the point everything is to the left of my performance settings ingame, and I still struggle with lag while it shows at 90 fps but it is laggy to the point I can't even move.