Discovery Gaming Community
Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Kansas in-game vs System Classification (/showthread.php?tid=150415)

Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Toris (Old Account) - 05-20-2017

I brought up that problem on ShoutBox yesterday and everything rolls up into one thing: Kansas System.

In-game, when you enter the system, it clearly states that you are in Independent Worlds. It would mean that Pirate ID can pirate every ship in there. However, both NavMap and System Classification rules (which on the other hand is heavily outdated) claim that Kansas is Liberty Space.

Is that an overseen update of the System Classification? Or it is a (in-game) label that was erroreously given to Kansas by Devs?

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Kauket - 05-20-2017

it's been designated as 'liberty' before the system changes, system type is all up to the admins as it's a rule thing.

Though, that list is outdated to some degree, but not too badly.

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Hannibal - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 04:53 PM)Birb Wrote: Or it is a (in-game) label that was erroreously given to Kansas by Devs?

more like they didnt bothered to rename the folders and path, same goes for Connecticut

you should look for current system classifications in rules

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - sindroms - 05-20-2017

The rules regarding ZOIs were recently updated.

Kansas is now "Liberty Outer Region"

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Toris (Old Account) - 05-20-2017

Then Pirate ID still cannot pirate everyone in a system that do not have any jumpgates or trade lanes... Well, I can live with that.

It is still wrong that game states you are inside Independent Worlds. It asks for Nagano 2.0 sanctions.

Edit:
Were rules updated? Then why non-existant systems are still there? Ellesmere, Dundee, etc. are neither accessible nor canon anymore.

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Xalrok - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 06:37 PM)Birb Wrote: It is still wrong that game states you are inside Independent Worlds. It asks for Nagano 2.0 sanctions.

That's part of a clientside plugin that can only be updated in a patch.

RE: Kansas in-game vs System Classification - Toris (Old Account) - 05-20-2017

Doesn't it make Kansas the only one of the systems without tradelanes and jumpgates in which Pirate ID cannot pirate all the guys though? I mean, Vespucci is an Independent Worlds system. It would make more sense for Pirate ID to be able to pirate everyone in Kansas, rather than in Vespucci - the latter being heavily guarded stronghold of Hellfire Legion and Commonwealth House of Liberty.

Edit: I mean, even AI ID can attack everyone in Kansas.