Discovery Gaming Community
Missiles - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Missiles (/showthread.php?tid=15092)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Missiles - ... kur nubėgo? - 01-08-2009

We have armor upgrade 2.5 in the discovery. Also we have some fancy codies boosted too. We have new ships who arent so vernuable to missiles. ANd we are going to remove vernuable components to vanila ships... And what missile has? The hack it has the same vanila freelancer stats and oh whole +20 units ammo boost. Its just strage, that you can do more damage hitting one time with 3 archangels then with one missile. Everything here is boosted, even mines but it seems that Missiles are left with nothing...

In my personal opinion it definatly needs aboost to keep up with discovery freelancer. Couse now how I see one missile does about 1/4 or 1/5 damage for a simple non vanila fighter then it should do about half.

What you think?

Missiles - swift - 01-08-2009

*sigh*
The missiles are unfortunately buffed in 4.85 yes.

Missiles - Saigo.Watanabe - 01-08-2009

I find missiles do alot of damage... no matter what ship the other person is in ( as long they arent in a gb or higher)
it also depends on how you hit the target as its essentially splash damage (damage radius)

Missiles - Primus Avatar - 01-08-2009

missiles need better targeting...not damage....:angry:

Missiles - skoko - 01-08-2009

As a missile and torpedo user , i have to say that current damage ratios are fine... i used almost all missiles in game and my opinion is that missiles are balanced. Further more in 4.84 vanilla ships suffer more than they should because vanilla state but soon that will be fixed.... anyway.. if you have 1-2 missiles or 1 torpedo 70 ammo is enough for big battle that lasts more than 2-3 hours *remembers RoS-TBH wars* unless you spam them like hell and loose all in 5 minutes... Also as long lasting explosive user , i can advise you to make guns as primary weapons and base your tactics on them and use missiles just to get edge over opponents. It works , it hurts , its good:D

Skoko

EDIT: Of course i am talking about Fighter/Bomber missile class , Gb missiles should have ammo, or speed/tracking nerf or rule about limiting them per gb

' Wrote:missiles need better targeting...not damage....:angry:

Target is skill. Their tracking is good as it is for now.

How GC said, yep somtimes it does big damage outputs.. but only if target is standing in one place. Furthemore we have advanced Countermeasures in disco, but no better boosted missiles (except sidewinder, but its level 10 it it should be the same in vanila freelancer)

We have Sunslayer boosted too, 14 k damage. As you saw in simple freelancer 2.90 rate missiles does about half of torpedo damage. Its a bit unfair?.. Since with torpedo you can blow up almost any fighter in instant kill.

Missiles - Derkylos - 01-08-2009

Firing missiles only, I can easly strip down any non-vanilla fighter with only a paralyzer (shields) and a sidewinder (hull), using only half my ammo. I read somewhere that equipment will be made much tougher next mod, which is good, because CMDs die so easly, its just not fun...

' Wrote:Firing missiles only, I can easly strip down any non-vanilla fighter with only a paralyzer (shields) and a sidewinder (hull), using only half my ammo. I read somewhere that equipment will be made much tougher next mod, which is good, because CMDs die so easly, its just not fun...

Mhm, if that you fighint dont handle CM and CD well. Well if the missile having a boost in next mod im happy up to the skies:yahoo:

Missiles - Cyro - 01-08-2009

' Wrote:As a missile and torpedo user , i have to say that current damage ratios are fine... i used almost all missiles in game and my opinion is that missiles are balanced. Further more in 4.84 vanilla ships suffer more than they should because vanilla state but soon that will be fixed....

Indeed. The missiles are fine now. The only thing not good are the vanilla ships blowing up too fast.

Missiles - me_b_kevin - 01-08-2009

i've come to consider missiles in Discovery to be more of a guided rocket. they can turn "some" but are more of a straight shooter, therefore requiring you to still fall into the jousting fighting technique employed by the majority.

and with the lag associated with playing the game online, i doubt there is much anyone can do about it.