Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 (/showthread.php?tid=151217)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Sylvie557 - 06-20-2017

I can see the logic behind the change but this really just fixes a few things and causes a whole bunch more issues.

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Yber - 06-20-2017

what is this

risks

do you eat that

good changes overall although

Quote:Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their server characters for two hours.
if i were to pirate be a pirate in california and die to a navy, then go to ny and keep pirating and i meet the guy who just killed me in a different ship, let's say a trader, i can't pirate him? there's no way for me to know it's the same person. even if he pm'd me saying it's that guy who killed me just 10 minutes ago i can't really trust that because it could have been a random guy who saw i got killed and is trying to lie his way through

changing player for "inrp character" would solve that

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Jack_Henderson - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 06:11 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: I don't see exactly what this is doing to fix anything as it completely ruins any chance of a transport escaping a piracy attempt.

Exactly this.

The "winning condition" for a complete class of ships in the game has been removed.

Likely scenario: you fly a transport, someone downs your shield to 50 % (that means... 1 shot), you make it to base... and you can log off. Because you are pvp-dead.

This will result in many people just logging off.

And you should never ever drive off motivated players who want to play the game - especially not in a dying game like Disco.

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Sylvie557 - 06-20-2017

Quote:The "winning condition" for a complete class of ships in the game has been removed.

Pretty much this, yes there are definitely the annoying traders that always try to go for this even when they are no where close but the win condition for a trade ship in a PvP encounter should not be actually winning to fight(if they can, awesome but it is still a trade ship).

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Danny-boy - 06-20-2017

Seems pointless. A transport now has the option of run & die or fight & die.

Transports have seen enough nerfs. Why nerf them in the rules as well?

Literally the only viable option for a lone trader is pay or die.

I've always disliked rules like this, it limits what sort of rp can be done, no more flying away and escaping your attacker I guess. : /

But hey, even less traders in the game will certainly improve piracy right?

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Homer79 - 06-20-2017

just to clarify one point in 4.1 Not attack the player/players they died to on any of their server characters for two hours.
can the player(s) that killed you, attack you again in another system within the two hour limit?
as this is one point that ive seen argued both ways.

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - ejy09 - 06-20-2017

so this means that if i, as a trader, encounter a pirate then i managed to escape and dock in with my hull barely holding on. I am considered PVP dead?

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Sombs - 06-20-2017

If anything that has attacked you is in 15k range when you dock, you're PvP-dead, yes. Same goes for a battleship that gets shot by a light fighter.

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - ejy09 - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 07:06 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: If anything that has attacked you is in 15k range when you dock, you're PvP-dead, yes. Same goes for a battleship that gets shot by a light fighter.

even i didn't fight back to a pirate? still pvp dead?

RE: Admin Notice: Changes to server rule 4.1 and 4.3 - Sombs - 06-20-2017

Yes, even if you didn't fight back. Once you get realistically shot, you're in a PvP situation, even without you firing a single shot back.