Discovery Gaming Community
The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen (/showthread.php?tid=151274)

Pages: 1 2

The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Ruairi - 06-22-2017

Gather around friends, it's time for me to tell you a story of the most lolwutty person I have ever seen, and this community has probably ever seen.

I will keep their shipname and ship type unmentioned, though you'll probably encounter them sometime. Maybe.

I was making rounds in Liberty, trying to find someone to pirate. When I pass by Manhattan and witness a Nomad go by. I didn't have time to check their cargo, but right off the bat they said "Truce?" I thought to myself: Hmm. Probably a Morph trying to get the hang of things. Boy was I wrong. Anyway, he vanished off radar before I could find him, so I went on with my routine.

About half an hour later, I'm passing the Missouri when I notice the Nomad sitting near the Pittsburgh Debris Field. So I go up to him and try to start some RP. But right off the bat, he starts spitting out random nonsense in the local chat as he's being attacked by some NPCs. He's also jittering everywhere, as he has 350 ping and 12% lag and 3% loss.

But I notice something. He's not flying a Light Fighter, he's flying a normal Nomad ship with an Independent Nomad ID. So I warn him (in Private Message of course) that he's out of ZoI and that he is not allowed to do that.

This is where it starts to turn weird. After that converstaion, he says that he's "looking for someone to give him a Navy ID".

So I'm asking the guy, "Why do you need a Navy ID anyway?" He says that it's so he can have a Tractor Beam and Dock on Navy Bases with a Nomad Ship. At this point I realize he has absolutely NO idea how role play works here. I consider myself a pretty horrible teacher, so I tried to redirect him to the forums.

After I tell him all this, he drops a bombshell on me saying he is only the age of 16 and has no web browser. Obviously I am confused as hell and have no clue how he got the mod without a web browser. He says a friend brought it on a USB flash drive and installed it here, and that his parents won't let him have net access yet (even though Discovery is using the net, but okay then).

At this point, he disconnects (or just completely lags out) from the server. And yes. I blew him up.

So ends the tale of the lone Nomad. Who ventured forth from Omicron Psi, in search of a Navy ID. Then he died. The end.

Disclaimer: I am not trying to rip on this innocent person, I just thought it was an interesting and one of a kind moment. Also, it was kinda funny afterwards. Thought I'd share it. Admins, feel free to remove or edit this post if you believe it's a bit insensitive or practically harassment.

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Ruairi - 06-22-2017

PLEASE don't mention their name if you see them or have seen them by the way.

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Shiki - 06-22-2017

seeing the title, i hoped this thread about me

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - t0l - 06-23-2017

same tbh

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Kauket - 06-23-2017

yes, yes, we get it. you're insecure.

stop picking on clueness new players, thanks.

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - diamond1 - 06-23-2017

The way the both of you were acting ingame was enough to make me spit out the water i was drinking. Thanks for the laughs.

What remains a mystery is how

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Burning - 06-23-2017

You acted very impatient and even mean towards that guy. Although it sounds strange to me, too, there are many different people on this planet, even those whose parents deny them to use a web browser.

Thing is, new players who join this server the first time do not have the same knowledge about the server as you. Perhaps, his friend wanted to show him the game, and he logged on because having an alien ship working for the Navy is a damn cool thing to have, if there were no rules. Do not force these guys to read rules, recommend doing it. Give them advices what other cool things they can do on this server without breaking the rules. If they keep doing rule violating actions, they'll notice their sanction notice early enough. I'm fairly certain that would scare them off, which is why those players should be helped before they get sanctioned.

There's definitely no need to tell anyone that they should not play here. You can play the game even without using forums.

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Durandal - 06-23-2017

Does this thread really need to exist?

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Ruairi - 06-23-2017

(its in flood.) and again, i said go ahead and remove it if its 'insensitive'

RE: The Lolwuttiest Lolwut I've EVER Seen - Kauket - 06-23-2017

(06-23-2017, 03:14 AM)Durandal Wrote: Does this thread really need to exist?

stop ignoring me and teach me how to implent shippos

:^(