Discovery Gaming Community
Tour de Cambridge - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tour de Cambridge (/showthread.php?tid=151312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 06-23-2017

- Thank you. - Caroline nodded to the waiter, giving the man a courteous smile as he put down her drink. She picked a more suitable location than the last time, deciding that a "proper" restaurant, or at least the closest thing the Freeport had to a proper restaurant, was much better than a shady bar with nothing but overpriced drinks. Caroline then relaxed and enjoyed the benefits of her chosen table, looking through a large window and over the biodome below. The window also granted her a nice view of the Cambridge lane, allowing her to observe the faraway traffic coming and going from Bretonia. She found it particularly entertaining to watch Shetlands and Colossi lumber their massive hulls out of the tradelane, accompanied by an appropriate lightshow upon their exit. As such, it was her entertainment of choice while she anticipated her companion, her drink untouched, to arrive.

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 06-24-2017

The trip from Cambridge was far shorter then he was expecting. Through the broken shards of rock, John saw the Freeport loom before him, just before his ship slowed and exited the lane. He docked and found his way from the landing bay to the restaurant where he was told to meet his companion. She didn't take long to spot, nestled away by the window watching the passing ships, he straightened his collar and made his way over to her.

''Flash place Lass'' he said to signify his arrival. ''It's good to see you again''

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 06-24-2017

- Likewise, John. - Caroline looked up, gesturing to him to take a seat. She ditched the militaristic uniform in favour of a more casual outfit for this meeting. - How have you been? - she asked as John sat down at the table.

He sat and took note of her. She had changed little, but looked different somehow. ''I am well. Not alot going on, patrols and the like. How have you been?''

- I've been very well. Even in light of the recent events. I believe they're quite a headache for law enforcement, aren't they? - she picked her glass, taking a single sip. With little guests present, the waiter was quick to notice John's arrival and was headed their way.

''Oh..nothing we can't handle'' he said smiling at her. ''But yes, it does have the traders and merchants up in arms. Longer routes and all, but still. It's fine.'' The waiter arrived not long after he finished speaking, ''Anything to drink for you lass?'' John asked her.

- I already have a drink, thank you. - she said, raising her glass a little. - That being said, I'm surprised to see officers being granted shore leave. Are things less grave than they appear to be in my underground world?

As much as he wanted a drink, he couldn't. He had to fly in an hour or so and he needed his wits. Furthermore something that another Gaian had said the other day bugged him. He declined the offer and the waiter left. ''Things aren't good, if that's what you're asking. But they are not so bad that one cannot take time off. It would seem the Gaians have the same mentality no? you are here after all. So things cannot be so bad....or maybe you just really wanted to get out.''

- They aren't so bad for us. But I think I wanted to get away anyway. You don't get many chances for time off in my line of work, sadly. - Caroline paused briefly. - You aren't going to drink?

''I need to fly lass.'' he said ''Don't really want to be crashing or be getting pulled over by the lads now do I? especially with passengers.'' He paused and looked out at the window for once. Taking in the asteroids and stars. The occassional flash from the stations sheilds illuminating the pair of them. ''Well, you're more than welcome to come visit. Speaking of which'' He said remembering the whole point of her being here.