Discovery Gaming Community
Tour de Cambridge - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tour de Cambridge (/showthread.php?tid=151312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 07-21-2017

- I'm not surprised. I'd probably do the same... But, we're back at the darker topic. Tell me, John. How long has your family owned this estate?

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 07-26-2017

''Coming along to 50 years I believe. Our grandfather built it, as I mentioned, back when there was just a church and a few houses in the Village. I don't know why he chose this spot. Why do you ask?''

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 07-27-2017

- I'm just curious, John. Does that mean this village was tiny just 50 years back? Did all those people flock here to live next to the Steiner family? - she asked with a light smile.

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 07-27-2017

''You saw the farmland coming in, they were here, and the church was, naturally, the social gathering point, so after a while, a small settlement formed, until my grandfather built the estate and invested in the building of a slaughterhouse to service the farms. Then of course came the butcher, the baker, a greengrocer and so on and so forth until you have what you have now'' he said taking a seat beneath an elder oak, and inviting her to sit as well. ''I could explain the history of the area in greater depth if you wish''

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 07-28-2017

Caroline briefly looked over the the tree before gladly taking a seat.

- Thank you, but there's no need. - she released a quiet sigh afterwards. - I can already feel how lazy this place makes me... Getting back into the routine will be a nightmare.

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 07-28-2017

''Cross that bridge when you come to it.'' He said streching his legs out ''You're on holiday so enjoy it, so few people get the chance nowadays. Plus relaxing is healthy, do you feel stressed right now?''

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 07-29-2017

- Not at all. - Caroline sighed quietly. - I feel heavenly here. The air is just wonderful. Not to mention all the space... I couldn't possibly praise that enough.

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 07-29-2017

''Good, then I'm doing a good job. There is no work to be had here lass, this is a holiday.''

RE: Tour de Cambridge - TheSauron - 07-29-2017

Caroline let out a quiet chuckle.

- Alright, alright. I am now abolishing all my plans to taint myself with work during my stay here.

RE: Tour de Cambridge - Victor Steiner - 07-30-2017

''Good. None of us work while at home...well except Alred but you wouldn't know it. Plus if you did work, i'd be tempted to read what you were doing''