Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed (/showthread.php?tid=151645)

Pages: 1 2 3

Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - sindroms - 07-06-2017

Good day, everyone.

Due to forum and server migration shenanigans, the activity tracker is still nonoperational and so we cannot properly evaluate the online time for our current Official Faction candidates.
We were hoping that this issue would be solved within the first part of the month after the migration, but it seems as though this might take longer than expecting.

As such, for the time being:
* Official faction creation requests are disabled.
* Ongoing officialdom contenders are saved and will remain in the section until the tracker is operational again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - The Sovereign - 07-06-2017

Unfortunate as it is, the decision is understandable. I hope we have the trackers back soon.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - SierraSRB - 07-06-2017

Is there any other way to keep trace of faction activity?

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Snoflek - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 10:51 AM)SierraSRB Wrote: Is there any other way to keep trace of faction activity?

Not in a practical manner, No.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - SierraSRB - 07-06-2017

okey, then hope you will fix it soon

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - nOmnomnOm - 07-06-2017

Well actually the admins could say that instead of the tracker they will be looking at message dumps with timestamped log in times as well as what was done in that time.

That's another way to keep track of activity tike and in my opinion better since the activity tracker can just be rigged with people not doing anything while they log in.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Black Widow - 07-06-2017

(07-06-2017, 06:31 AM)sindroms Wrote: Good day, everyone.

Due to forum and server migration shenanigans, the activity tracker is still nonoperational and so we cannot properly evaluate the online time for our current Official Faction candidates.
We were hoping that this issue would be solved within the first part of the month after the migration, but it seems as though this might take longer than expecting.

As such, for the time being:
* Official faction creation requests are disabled.
* Ongoing officialdom contenders are saved and will remain in the section until the tracker is operational again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hey Sindroms, this sounds like a bit of a cop out. Since the tracker has been down like forever. Yet, the official factions request section was still open for new factions to post requests too.

Given this was a well-known issue and still new factions were allowed to continue posting faction requests, I think the admin team should the honour the vote for the 4 factions currently in-progress.

Based off pure forum RP and server activity alone, I can tell you at least 2 factions on that list which definitely meet the criteria and the Royal Navy Foreign Legion is one of them.

Our vote was due 8th July, we have been waiting 2 months.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Black Widow - 07-08-2017

Any update or thoughts on this?

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Cursetantine - 07-08-2017

(07-06-2017, 01:19 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Well actually the admins could say that instead of the tracker they will be looking at message dumps with timestamped log in times as well as what was done in that time.

That's another way to keep track of activity tike and in my opinion better since the activity tracker can just be rigged with people not doing anything while they log in.

Was time spent online the only criteria when tracker wasn't broken?

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - WesternPeregrine - 07-08-2017

I believe no one said it was at any time the sole criteria for activity. What this decision implies is that is an Essential criteria for evaluation. Sine qua non, without it's not possible to perform a sufficient conclusion.