Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed (/showthread.php?tid=151645)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Stoner_Steve - 07-08-2017

Its almost like having unwritten rules is a problem around here

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - nOmnomnOm - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 03:33 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: Its almost like having unwritten rules is a problem around here

Dude, you need to chill.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Corile - 07-08-2017

Can we expect the tracker to be fixed before Christmas?

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - St.Denis - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 03:39 PM)Corile Wrote: Can we expect the tracker to be fixed before Christmas?

Yes, but which Christmas is unknown.

It will be fixed when the people involved have the time and have worked out what the problem is.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Black Widow - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 04:06 PM)St.Denis Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 03:39 PM)Corile Wrote: Can we expect the tracker to be fixed before Christmas?

Yes, but which Christmas is unknown.

It will be fixed when the people involved have the time and have worked out what the problem is.

Do you not agree with my previous post. That if factions were allowed to submit officialdom applications while the tracker has been down then they are entitled to a vote regardless?

Otherwise this should have been postponed earlier ?

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Shelco - 07-08-2017

Well, you can pretty easily observe which factions are ready for officialdom and which clearly aren't, but if it really isn't possible without then I hope the tracker comes back soon.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - St.Denis - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 08:21 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Do you not agree with my previous post. That if factions were allowed to submit officialdom applications while the tracker has been down then they are entitled to a vote regardless?

My personal opinion is that becoming Official is far too easy, nowadays.

It seems that people believe that they can do a few 'nice pages', a handful of Reports, a Feedback Thread, in which, if you look at it closely, isn't much Feedback, get people to log a lot of hours (whether productive or not) and hey presto after 2 months they automatically become Official.

For this they pay a grand sum of 500 million, which is refunded if/when they become Official and they also receive a free CAP VIII (which is never refunded when a Faction loses it Officialdom).

I have seen a lot of Factions, over the years, go through this System and once they become Official, everything dies off slowly.

Like I said, on the first line, this is my own opinion and when it comes to the Admin vote, I will vote on the required criteria set down. I will look at what is required (part of that is activity, Feedback (from the rest of the Community), RP done by the Faction (preferably not forced by Faction Members, using Alts, to bolster the Pages).

Now, as for the present situation, one of those criteria is unavailable and therefore if we had a vote and told you NO, it would be unfair, to you and your Faction.

Take this time, given to you (because of these circumstances), to strengthen your Faction and RP, so that the chances of you becoming Official is
more likely.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - sindroms - 07-08-2017

Denis has summed it up very nicely.
The situation he describes regarding officialdom is an ongoing issue and is a rather frequent topic among the Team.
The main focus is that we have a rather lax set of guidelines on how to obtain officialdom, but with almost no factors on how to lose said officialdom.

Not only this is problematic as it leads to the current situation where, upon removing the online time requirement due to tracker issues, half of our factions aren't meeting the minimum online time requirements without any sort of repercussions, the attitude displayed by some of the owners is allowed to be on a level that, if being observed during their officialdom request time, would have resulted in their request being denied.

Right now the OFs are going through a bit of a change in how they are organized on the forums. Once that is done, the current OFLs will need to buckle down and start taking things a bit more seriously if they expect the same sort of attitude to be given to them in return on request.

(07-08-2017, 09:36 PM)St.Denis Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 08:21 PM)Black Widow Wrote: Do you not agree with my previous post. That if factions were allowed to submit officialdom applications while the tracker has been down then they are entitled to a vote regardless?

My personal opinion is that becoming Official is far too easy, nowadays.

It seems that people believe that they can do a few 'nice pages', a handful of Reports, a Feedback Thread, in which, if you look at it closely, isn't much Feedback, get people to log a lot of hours (whether productive or not) and hey presto after 2 months they automatically become Official.

For this they pay a grand sum of 500 million, which is refunded if/when they become Official and they also receive a free CAP VIII (which is never refunded when a Faction loses it Officialdom).

I have seen a lot of Factions, over the years, go through this System and once they become Official, everything dies off slowly.

Like I said, on the first line, this is my own opinion and when it comes to the Admin vote, I will vote on the required criteria set down. I will look at what is required (part of that is activity, Feedback (from the rest of the Community), RP done by the Faction (preferably not forced by Faction Members, using Alts, to bolster the Pages).

Now, as for the present situation, one of those criteria is unavailable and therefore if we had a vote and told you NO, it would be unfair, to you and your Faction.

Take this time, given to you (because of these circumstances), to strengthen your Faction and RP, so that the chances of you becoming Official is
more likely.

(07-08-2017, 10:30 PM)sindroms Wrote: Denis has summed it up very nicely.
The situation he describes regarding officialdom is an ongoing issue and is a rather frequent topic among the Team.
The main focus is that we have a rather lax set of guidelines on how to obtain officialdom, but with almost no factors on how to lose said officialdom.

Not only this is problematic as it leads to the current situation where, upon removing the online time requirement due to tracker issues, half of our factions aren't meeting the minimum online time requirements without any sort of repercussions, the attitude displayed by some of the owners is allowed to be on a level that, if being observed during their officialdom request time, would have resulted in their request being denied.

Right now the OFs are going through a bit of a change in how they are organized on the forums. Once that is done, the current OFLs will need to buckle down and start taking things a bit more seriously if they expect the same sort of attitude to be given to them in return on request.

Hey I respect what you guys have said and I agree with it whole-heartedly, but what we have done in RN is really turn Gallia around.

We have opened up gallia to new players and immersed them in Gallic RP, Gallia was on its knees before the RN arrived just a handful of indys loggin here and there but docking the second a gank fleet turned up, RN turn the tide and since then other gallic factions have followed.

I am really gonna fight for this and for [RN] because I believe we are a faction with a difference, we have the determination, RP and players to see this through.

We will show you that a vote for us is a vote for discovery itself.

It is true that factions should meet all criteria before becoming official and I dont think its that easy to be honest.

Having founded Gateway| they are still around today and I know how hard it was for them to get up and running.

About the cap 8 and 500m, you can keep that we dont need rewards we need to just be doing our thing out there.

We will use this extra time to consolidate our efforts, thanks for the heads up. I hope the tracker will be back soon

One thing I will ask though, is that given you have closed all the official faction request threads, can you ensure no one posts in them while they are closed?:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=151341&pid=1907256#pid1907256

Ramke is the Leader of the MRG and being a mod that can post in a closed thread gives an unfair advantage..