Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed (/showthread.php?tid=151645)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - sindroms - 07-08-2017

The question is, do you really want us to open up the pandoras box regarding making exceptions for groups. Yes, I agree that your group is filling the hole that the previous GRN leader decided to make, but do you really want us to risk setting fire to the whole thing when it comes to giving exceptions to others, or would you rather just wait a bit longer?

(07-08-2017, 11:35 PM)Black Widow Wrote: One thing I will ask though, is that given you have closed all the official faction request threads, can you ensure no one posts in them while they are closed?:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=151341&pid=1907256#pid1907256

Ramke is the Leader of the MRG and being a mod that can post in a closed thread gives an unfair advantage..

Oh.
Mods and admins do not get a warning that a thread they are posting in is closed.

I nuked the reply.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Royal Navy Foreign Legion - 07-08-2017

(07-08-2017, 11:36 PM)sindroms Wrote: The question is, do you really want us to open up the pandoras box regarding making exceptions for groups. Yes, I agree that your group is filling the hole that the previous GRN leader decided to make, but do you really want us to risk setting fire to the whole thing when it comes to giving exceptions to others, or would you rather just wait a bit longer?

We can wait, there is no rush. Dont open pandoras box Smile

Its just my concern is that if Alley couldnt not fix the tracker or other server links when the forum was upgraded. Something to do with the incompatibility of the plugins with the new upgrade to the server box. Hence if she cant fix it, who could?

Alley will fix it once RL allows for it.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Techpriest - 07-09-2017

The only thing I'm afraid is that without an official gallia authority, the gallia laws remain as it is. Meaning I can kill any non-Gallic ship(to enforce the laws of course) regardless of IFF or circumstances if they do not file a special permit for non-Gallic vessel which their permit won't apply because there is no authority to approve it.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Shelco - 07-09-2017

(07-09-2017, 12:36 AM)Techpriest Wrote: The only thing I'm afraid is that without an official gallia authority, the gallia laws remain as it is. Meaning I can kill any non-Gallic ship(to enforce the laws of course) regardless of IFF or circumstances if they do not file a special permit for non-Gallic vessel which their permit won't apply because there is no authority to approve it.

I have completely rewritten the laws of Gallia, they are as detailed as the Liberty one. If MRG become official, they will be updated to what I made, the current ones are horrible but I see a good future ^-^

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Corile - 07-17-2017

Are there any updates on this? We're in the period of summer holidays and quite a lot of people are now discouraged from flying official faction ships because of the tracker being inactive. Also people attempting for officialdom now don't have much incentive to log either, despite it generally being the best time for it.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - sindroms - 07-17-2017

We are trying to make the server not poo itself every hour first.
Priorities.

RE: Admin Notice: New Faction applications postponed - Royal Navy Foreign Legion - 07-28-2017

any updates on this?