Discovery Gaming Community
Patching problems - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Discovery Launcher (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=211)
+---- Thread: Patching problems (/showthread.php?tid=151827)

Pages: 1 2

Patching problems - diamond1 - 07-14-2017

Sooo after going on a joyride with a modification, i uninstalled absolutely everything including freelancer, twice. + restarting when i reinstalled it. and probbably uninstalled it over 12 times now. all with coming to the same conclusion, patch issues. I got informed by @Skorak on what files i should get and i did as he said. I did make progress, but i got a similar issue to it now, being this.

[14/07/2017 10:10:57 PM]: Patch Download Begins: 17/06/2017 - 4.89.1 Patch 3
[14/07/2017 10:11:08 PM]: Finished downloading patch: 17/06/2017 - 4.89.1 Patch 3
[14/07/2017 10:11:08 PM]: Patch Download MD5 mismatch, failure: 17/06/2017 - 4.89.1 Patch 3

I downloaded the latest patch manually as being told, left it like this

[Image: SY8jlG5m.png]

I'm out of ideas, and exhausted from fixing a two hour problem myself ( Nub at this, To say the least )

Additional: This just popped up now, upon trying again to get more info out of the launcher logs

[14/07/2017 10:23:09 PM]: --- Started DSLauncher ---
[14/07/2017 10:23:09 PM]: Reading local configuration
[14/07/2017 10:23:09 PM]: Finished reading local configuration
[14/07/2017 10:23:09 PM]: Contacting the patch server
[14/07/2017 10:23:10 PM]: Reading patchlist
[14/07/2017 10:23:10 PM]: Loading local accounts
[14/07/2017 10:23:10 PM]: Loading Complete
[14/07/2017 10:23:10 PM]: Patch Download Begins: 17/06/2017 - 4.89.1 Patch 3
[14/07/2017 10:23:11 PM]: Found an existing version of the file, attempting to unzip. If it fails, remove the patch zip as it is corrupted.
[14/07/2017 10:23:11 PM]: Patch Download MD5 mismatch, failure: 17/06/2017 - 4.89.1 Patch 3

RE: Patching problems - DannyDelicious - 07-14-2017

[Image: 6IP2eIq.png]

This wont help much now but I usually keep a few installations of Discovery some modded, one completely vanilla, and a backup.
Just for the future.

Are you running the Launcher as an admin? Weird bug tbh.

RE: Patching problems - diamond1 - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 01:39 PM)DannyD Wrote: [Image: 6IP2eIq.png]

This wont help much now but I usually keep a few installations of Discovery some modded, one completely vanilla, and a backup.
Just for the future.

Are you running the Launcher as an admin? Weird bug tbh.

Tried that's method a few times and t does nothing, I accidentally screwed one or two of my backups by putting wrong files into it and i just scrapped it

RE: Patching problems - ronillon - 07-14-2017

I do not know, what your exact problem is, but try this:
https://ulozto.net/!fDD1zSSlyIlq/freelancer-discovery-4-89-1-2017-07-14-7z
Password for extraction: EdisonTrent

It is a fresh install, updated and tested today. Hope it helps.

RE: Patching problems - Binski - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 03:34 PM)ronillon Wrote: I do not know, what your exact problem is, but try this:
https://ulozto.net/!fDD1zSSlyIlq/freelancer-discovery-4-89-1-2017-07-14-7z
Password for extraction: EdisonTrent

It is a fresh install, updated and tested today. Hope it helps.

@ronillon

Wow I can't thank you enough for that! Here's a little story...

The laptop I'm on right now died on me in Feb 2016. Just before that a glitch kept me from getting the launcher open for a while. After countless reinstalls and redownloadings I gave up. The computer I used since then is now toast and for giggles I dug this old laptop out of my closet and managed to get it working. Only problem was I still couldn't get one of the patches to load right and again the launcher wouldn't open. I tried over and over, everything I could think of. I've been checking here for possible solutions for days. I don't know what you did, but I tried yours and it actually worked, you solved an almost years long problem for me! I will literally send you 100 million (SC) for that. Just pm me a charname. Cheers!

RE: Patching problems - ronillon - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 06:25 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: Wow I can't thank you enough for that! Here's a little story...

The laptop I'm on right now died on me in Feb 2016. Just before that a glitch kept me from getting the launcher open for a while. After countless reinstalls and redownloadings I gave up. The computer I used since then is now toast and for giggles I dug this old laptop out of my closet and managed to get it working. Only problem was I still couldn't get one of the patches to load right and again the launcher wouldn't open. I tried over and over, everything I could think of. I've been checking here for possible solutions for days. I don't know what you did, but I tried yours and it actually worked, you solved an almost years long problem for me! I will literally send you 100 million (SC) for that. Just pm me a charname. Cheers!

Glad to help, welcome back to Sirius.
There is no need to send me credits, unless you really insist, in that case shoot me a PM.

I do not know, what is different, but Im not able to update from backup of pure Freelancer Discovery 4.88.1 installation. The launcher just blinks the little window and then it disapears, leaving only a process running, without any GUI.
Edit: It looks like I overlooked a window, that was for some reason under all other windows and without a hint about it in the taskbar. After confirming, the launcher updated just fine and the game works.
[Image: M82UgAL.png]

I had to use my Freelancer Discovery 4.89.1_2017-04-29 backup as a base (It is a backup of clean, not used but updated installation to that day.) and update from there.

Maybe it would be a good idea to update official download http://discoverygc.com/files/discovery_4.88.1.exe

RE: Patching problems - Binski - 07-15-2017

I will pm you! Expect it!

From what I remember, when the launcher was trying to update to the latest patch, an error caused it to just close. The details said something about one of the files being corrupt, I think it was one of the civilian cockpit models. I tried to unzip it separately and add it but it wouldn't work. Being able to unzip the whole thing totally up to date allowed me to get the launcher open with no problems. Good stuff!

RE: Patching problems - diamond1 - 07-15-2017

(07-14-2017, 08:04 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 06:25 PM)TheUnforgiven Wrote: Wow I can't thank you enough for that! Here's a little story...

Glad to help, welcome back to Sirius.
There is no need to send me credits, unless you really insist, in that case shoot me a PM.

I do not know, what is different, but Im not able to update from backup of pure Freelancer Discovery 4.88.1 installation. The launcher just blinks the little window and then it disapears, leaving only a process running, without any GUI.
Edit: It looks like I overlooked a window, that was for some reason under all other windows and without a hint about it in the taskbar. After confirming, the launcher updated just fine and the game works.
[Image: M82UgAL.png]

I had to use my Freelancer Discovery 4.89.1_2017-04-29 backup as a base (It is a backup of clean, not used but updated installation to that day.) and update from there.

Maybe it would be a good idea to update official download http://discoverygc.com/files/discovery_4.88.1.exe

sooooooo, just asking for confirmation so i don't get slapped by anticheat and then having people suspicously think i'm cheating; Can i just plainly run the discovery.exe file inside the unzipped folder and things will be right?

Currently i've tried moving all of the IONCROSS, DATA, EXE, and DLLS files over, and then running it so it patched it, it was gradually getting slower and slower updating until it just stopped patching with no error. just stood there installing. I then closed it while it was still patching and tried it again through the discovery.exe file that i installed it on ( not the unzipped folder one) and it just came up like the previous patching errors did, except i looked down and it was 100% done

RE: Patching problems - ronillon - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 11:46 AM)diamond1 Wrote: sooooooo, just asking for confirmation so i don't get slapped by anticheat and then having people suspicously think i'm cheating; Can i just plainly run the discovery.exe file inside the unzipped folder and things will be right?

I thought I made it perfectly clear:
(07-14-2017, 08:04 PM)ronillon Wrote: I had to use my Freelancer Discovery 4.89.1_2017-04-29 backup as a base (It is a backup of clean, not used but updated installation to that day.) and update from there.
Yes, this installation was not altered in any way, you can use it without worry.
Ask @"TheUnforgiven" whether he got any anticheat slaps.

RE: Patching problems - diamond1 - 07-15-2017

(07-15-2017, 12:36 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 11:46 AM)diamond1 Wrote: sooooooo, just asking for confirmation so i don't get slapped by anticheat and then having people suspicously think i'm cheating; Can i just plainly run the discovery.exe file inside the unzipped folder and things will be right?

I thought I made it perfectly clear:
(07-14-2017, 08:04 PM)ronillon Wrote: I had to use my Freelancer Discovery 4.89.1_2017-04-29 backup as a base (It is a backup of clean, not used but updated installation to that day.) and update from there.
Yes, this installation was not altered in any way, you can use it without worry.
Ask @"TheUnforgiven" whether he got any anticheat slaps.

I always like to be sure by double checking, Has been a habit for years. Thanks Ronillion!