Discovery Gaming Community
Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 1/7/19] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 1/7/19] (/showthread.php?tid=151981)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - kleinsuess2000 - 06-06-2019

I want to know, these upgrades will appear directly in the mod update, or need to download another patch package, and where can I find it? Thank you.

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - SnakThree - 06-06-2019

This is work in progress showcase. It is not in mod.

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - kleinsuess2000 - 06-06-2019

(06-06-2019, 07:30 PM)SnakThree Wrote: This is work in progress showcase. It is not in mod.

That is, we may see it in the future, but not now. The question is will they come into my client with the storyline after some mod update, or do I need to make some extra downloads to replace the content in the client?

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - Skorak - 06-06-2019

It'll be part of a patch you receive with the automatic patcher in the launcher.

I see. Thank you. Looking forward to these amazing improvements

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - eigos - 06-06-2019

The biggest issue that I have struggled with so far is to try and rework the original station textures that don't upscale too well.
If anyone here skilled enough in photoshop, adobe illustrator or some other high quality image creation program wants to have a crack at remaking the textures in high definition and resolution, that would kickstart the asset upgrade process quite a bit.

Either that, or Justin @Durandal will have to make them in 3D and later on use substances to paint them and render out 2D textures from that.
Funny enough, the station textures are not many. But they are extremely low resolution (while the objects using them are huge). If we get high quality station textures, upgrading the model assets will be a lot more straightforward.

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - Durandal - 06-06-2019

(06-06-2019, 09:18 PM)eigos Wrote: Either that, or Justin @Durandal will have to make them in 3D and later on use substances to paint them and render out 2D textures from that.

As of now this is what I'm planning on doing, using either Substance Painter or Quixel Suite.

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 6/6/19] - Durandal - 06-07-2019

Updated again. Added a LOT of detailing to the four diagonal 'arms' that form the framework of the gate. Looking a lot closer to finished without so many flat surfaces around.

RE: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 7/6/19] - Durandal - 07-02-2019

Model updated. Finally did away with those godawful blocky vanilla antennas.

Update: Calling the jump gate mesh COMPLETE. Still needs to be UV'd and textured. I could definitely take the modeling stage further but all the detail I considered 'necessary' is now on the model and there's no point beating a dead horse. Pretty much beside myself as to where to start with the UVs, how to bake the textures down into lods, etc, as this is easy the most detailed model I've ever taken to this stage before. Will continue posting once I've got something to show for myself.