Discovery Gaming Community
Render distance in new system - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Render distance in new system (/showthread.php?tid=152043)

Pages: 1 2 3

Render distance in new system - Shukaku - 07-21-2017

Hey everyone, I've modded for quite a while and I ran into the same problem a thousand times. Anything I create, any jumphole, station, asteroid field or a trade lane is visible only from short range. I have to get in front of an asteroid field to even see the asteroids. Trade lanes are visible from 10k, jump holes from 5k. I've tried the solararch.ini thing, I increased both render_distance and LODRanges and none of it worked. Any advice could be useful.

RE: Render distance in new system - Sombs - 07-21-2017

Did you place a nebula?

RE: Render distance in new system - Shukaku - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 03:55 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Did you place a nebula?

Don't wanna be rude or anything, but I would say if they were in a nebula. So yeah, no nebula, just plain space. Tongue

Did you place any other zone that contains the objects? Doesn't necessarily need to be a nebula. Make sure the zones have their attributes in the right order.

(07-21-2017, 04:11 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Did you place any other zone that contains the objects? Doesn't necessarily be a nebula. Make sure the zones have their attributes in the right order.

I didn't place any zone, the thing happens even in vanilla systems. It's literally anything i add, you have to approach it really close in order to see it.

Is your game at max quality? Like, are all settings on max?

(07-21-2017, 04:14 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Is your game at max quality? Like, are all settings on max?

Yuuus

Can you post screenshots or a recording of what you edited ingame and in FL Modstudio?

(07-21-2017, 04:24 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Can you post screenshots or a recording of what you edited ingame and in FL Modstudio?

The yellow was empty when i edited it.

Empty it again. I'm not a modeller, but I know LODs (level of details) can only depend on the model's LODs, meaning it doesn't matter whatever you enter there in the ini when the model itself doesn't have multiple LODs.

So I take it you tried to increase the drawing distance of those specific models? Trade lanes and jump holes? They work differently than constructs or stations. What you could try is "0, 50000" - the former is the normal 0 to limit the most detailed LOD and the latter is the max-distance limit for the LOD to disappear. Meaning the object is shown from a distance of 0 units to 50.000 units. Of course you can set any other amount for the latter. Try it, maybe that works. If not, I think it is hardcoded with the sub-class "jump hole" and "trade lane". Either hardcoded or written down in some other ini.