Discovery Gaming Community
Suzuka Station, Tottori - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Suzuka Station, Tottori (/showthread.php?tid=152089)

Suzuka Station, Tottori - Yak - 07-22-2017

Lady Black of the [HA] (aka @Sakura ) very kindly pointed out the existence of the racetrack in the seriously awesome-looking Tojimbo Ice Field part of the Tottori system to me just earlier today.

After jumping in my little Hayabusa and flying half way across Sirius, expecting a friendly Farmer's Alliance base to be awaiting me (labelled as FA Guard on the online Navmap), I was pretty disappointed to find it owned by a very hostile (and completely missing from my rep sheet) Kempeitai Confused

Considering the infocard of the base:

"Located next to the Tottori Race Track, Suzuka station serves as the primary refit station for racers who wish to test their fate against the deadly track. Various facilities and service robots provide racers with proper maintenance and performance tuning for their vessels. "

I don't really see why the Kusari Secret Police want to run this base. In essence, any useful intel they might gather would rely on people turning up for the races, but currently the only people that can actually sit at the start line awaiting the "start" horn, or dock at the base, would be Kempeitai and their direct allies... unlikely to provide much actionable intel Big Grin

Anyway, I realise the vast majority of the community will give approximately zero damns about this, but I felt strongly enough about it to write this, so, really what I'm asking is...

Is this going to be the permanent state of affairs, or are the Kempeitai only in temporary control while the civil war is in full swing?

Thoughts, comments and mildly derogotory comments are appreciated (particularly from staff who actually may have answers for me).

Cheers,

Yak

tl;dr Kempeitai base wants to kill people using the racetrack in Tottori Sad

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - WesternPeregrine - 07-22-2017

Temporary affair, part of a (single?) player negotiations.

After the war (or maybe sooner), the situation may change. KPT got their hands on Nansei, so they might not need such a backwater base anymore.

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - Yak - 07-22-2017

(sun)

I did wonder, ty @"WPeregrine"

Damn cool racetrack, dunno how I never knew about it, need to explore Kusari better in future Big Grin

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - Corile - 07-23-2017

Quote:Temporary affair, part of a (single?) player negotiations.

After the war (or maybe sooner), the situation may change. KPT got their hands on Nansei, so they might not need such a backwater base anymore.

That's not the problem. The problem is that the FA Guard IFF was recycled into the Kempeitai IFF and someone forgot to change Suzuka from FA Guard to FA IFF.

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - Yak - 07-23-2017

Tongue I did wonder about this possibility also...

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - Joggin - 07-23-2017

It's interesting, Tottori was originally a Hogosha Guard System, wherein the Hogosha (Black Dragon Society) paid for the development of the race track. It seems to have been stolen from them and it's a matter of speculation as to whether they might seek retribution at some time in the future......

RE: Suzuka Station, Tottori - Yak - 07-23-2017

Ah, the Black Dragon Society, probably a bit before my time then!

That does make a lot of sense, I could sort of understand the FA running the place, being friendly with the Hogosha and all, but actually being a Hogosha base does make much more sense
Big Grin