Discovery Gaming Community
PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. (/showthread.php?tid=152473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Wrong_Way_Finnagan - 08-04-2017

OK, I was in a Zoner tagged ship in the middle of a mission against nomads when WV-Bostra in a Core tagged ship comes up, says Zoners and Core are at war, and blows me up. It wasn't even a fight because his ship greatly outclassed mine. I didn't even bother to shoot back as it would have been pointless.

Nothing in the Zoner ID lists Core as hostile, Core is even on Zoner base, Zoners offer Core bribes, and the NPC's are not attacking each other, and he was not red to me in scanner.

So I am trying to figure this stuff out, why, if Zoner and Core are at war, (For a year according to him) why is it not listed in the ID?

Is there a list of who can kill who outside of what is in the game descriptions themselves?

I saw him coming, if I knew we were at war and he had the right to pew pew me in a hopeless for me fight I could have left before he came on me in the middle of the mission I was doing, but I didn't know there was a war on, and he didn't care that I didn't know.

Lastly, if Zoners are in a war for a long time, why don't they have better war ships? I thought the RP was to get along with everyone you could?

I was just trying to do some missions to get the cash for some upgrades, I wasn't looking for, or equipped for PvP, so this is sort of annoying.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Durandal - 08-04-2017

The Core and Zoners have been shooting each other for about a year now and it really needs to be better documented.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Wrong_Way_Finnagan - 08-04-2017

That's part of it, the other part is a guy who shows up in a ship that greatly outclasses the one he is attacking, while the guy he is attacking is in a mission, when the guy he is attacking doesn't know there is a war (and so lets the guy come right up to him), when the guy attacking is not even red in the HUD, and blows you up.
It may have been 100% legal, maybe even in the spirit of how the server works, but it certainly wasn't very gentlemanly.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Ikarus_Hagen - 08-04-2017

Not fair, but legal, I'm sorry

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Durandal - 08-04-2017

(08-04-2017, 07:39 PM)Wrong_Way_Finnagan Wrote: That's part of it, the other part is a guy who shows up in a ship that greatly outclasses the one he is attacking, while the guy he is attacking is in a mission, when the guy he is attacking doesn't know there is a war (and so lets the guy come right up to him), when the guy attacking is not even red in the HUD, and blows you up.
It may have been 100% legal, maybe even in the spirit of how the server works, but it certainly wasn't very gentlemanly.

In the game of krieg you win or die.

No but really, you either make friends very quickly on this server or get driven off, its kind of the nature of the beast nowadays. It isn't one I particularly care for but its the way things roll.

Since, as a dev, I have a vested interested in people not disappearing, I'd definitely prefer it if you tried to make some friends.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Reddy - 08-04-2017

"Greatly outclassed" from what you say, i assume the core player was in a battleship. If you were in a neph then yes it would be a problem. Zoner cruiser and carrier are good ships. If you die, its fine. Just train and get better. Thats a big part of the fun. Remember the pvp aces here have failed more times than you have tried (sun)

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Wrong_Way_Finnagan - 08-04-2017

If you want people to make friends, shouldn't there be some effort to make a friendly server?

Why support one sided, surprise PvP on the server?

Shouldn't a fight be somewhat fair? What's the fun for an established player with a fully loaded ship in blowing up someone who has no chance to fight or run?

It takes tens, even hundreds of hours of play to afford fully loaded ships, how is the server being helped by this sort of play on new people trying to get the ship they want?

And if there is a Zoner-Core war, why isn't it in the ID's? Why doesn't equipping a Zoner ID make the Core red? Why are Core still on Zoner bases and Core bribes offered there? And after a year, why aren't the ships more evenly matched? Zoners in a war would make more combat focused ships, wouldn't they?

As a question, can a Zoner ID fly Order equipment and weapons, since I assume the Order and the Zoners are at war together against the core.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - oZoneRanger - 08-04-2017

(08-04-2017, 07:45 PM)Durandal Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 07:39 PM)Wrong_Way_Finnagan Wrote: That's part of it, the other part is a guy who shows up in a ship that greatly outclasses the one he is attacking, while the guy he is attacking is in a mission, when the guy he is attacking doesn't know there is a war (and so lets the guy come right up to him), when the guy attacking is not even red in the HUD, and blows you up.

In the game of krieg you win or die.

No but really, you either make friends very quickly on this server or get driven off, its kind of the nature of the beast nowadays. It isn't one I particularly care for but its the way things roll.

Since, as a dev, I have a vested interested in people not disappearing, I'd definitely prefer it if you tried to make some friends.

Better yet...instead of having to make friends to NOT get driven off the server and be with the "in" crowd...people could be less of a "Richard" and play fair.

@Wrong_Way_Finnagan

You just ran into someone hunting a "Blue" kill message. It happens....Do not give up dude, plenty of cool peps around to interact with.

(08-04-2017, 07:53 PM)K.Reddy Wrote: "Greatly outclassed" from what you say, i assume the core player was in a battleship.

No, I was in a civilian explorer, which only has gunboat weapons, he was in some Core cruiser with cruiser weapons and more of them. It wasn't a fair fight.

Also, as I said, I was in a mission, so I had Nomad NPC's attacking me as well.

RE: PvP rules and wars not supported by in game descriptions. - Reddy - 08-04-2017

Take a break, doing things while upset just makes things worse