Discovery Gaming Community
Operation "Stand to the death!" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Operation "Stand to the death!" (/showthread.php?tid=152696)

Pages: 1 2

Operation "Stand to the death!" - 6th Liberty Navy Fleet - 08-11-2017

The event will begin on 20 August at 18:00 GMT.

Operation "Stand to the death!"
( GRN and Freelancers vs Liberty Navy Fleet, Liberty Police, LSF, Bounty Hunters and Freelancers ).

Introduction: A confrontation is looming. A Gallic battlegroup has made its way into California and with the departure of the Yukon to Cortez, Los Angeles itself is threatened. Elements of the 6th Fleet have already scrambled to meet the renewed offensive, but as the Gallic fleets advance via the Lanes, it's truly up in the air...

Opening transmission... Transmission opened! Look information...

To: Liberty Navy Fleet, Liberty Police Inc., LSF, Freelancers and Bounty Hunters.
Priority: High.
Encryption: High.

Good day!

Not so long ago we began to notice a more elevated presence in the California system. There were already a few small fighting clashes. But recently we noticed their increased activity in the Magellan system. And now we have noticed their group of warships heading towards the planet Los Angeles. If we do not take action - the planet is die! In simple words, we call pilots from Mercenaries, Freelancers, and also the Liberty Force and the Police to help us in the implementation of a defensive operation.

[Image: TsVZCCcwlEM.jpg]

Our intelligence believes, the enemy forces will launch an attack from Tahoe Ice Field. Therefore, the location of the labels on the map is as follows:
Blue - Defence-forces.
Red - Gallic Royal Navy attack-place.
Green - Possible place of collision

We are asking for your help: now our fleet is not completely ready for battle. We know only the approximate composition of the enemy fleet: one Valor, two Battle Cruisers, three gunboats and four bombers. Possible assistance from the enemy fighters. In attack-fleet can fly and civillian-pilots.

Composition:
Event rules:
Use devices, how cloaking device only large ships ( Liberty Dreadnought or Gallic Valor ).

P.S. ( OORP-info ): Special thanks to @"Exodite Asmodai" for the event-idea.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - Thunderer - 08-11-2017

I am afraid that your event violates the rules. The GRN ID does not have California as part of their zone of influence. All ships carrying GRN ID cannot shoot in California, unless in self defense. This means that every Gallic ship will have to be attacked -- not just 1 or 2 or 3 -- every ship, for them to be able to have a fleet battle without violating the rules.

It would be a lot less complex if you moved this event to Magellan.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - Mr.Mike. - 08-11-2017

(08-11-2017, 12:44 PM)Thunderer Wrote: I am afraid that your event violates the rules. The GRN ID does not have California as part of their zone of influence. All ships carrying GRN ID cannot shoot in California, unless in self defense. This means that every Gallic ship will have to be attacked -- not just 1 or 2 or 3 -- every ship, for them to be able to have a fleet battle without violating the rules.

It would be a lot less complex if you moved this event to Magellan.

In one of the events (when the border station was still alive), one Gallic pilot attacked me. In California he attacked. I'll keep silent about some of the Valors players who, in my memory, were already near the trade lines.

Those events were admin-hosted events, where the admins added California as part of the GRN ID ZOI for the duration of the events. When they were finished, it was removed.

If a player carrying a GRN ID fires at you first in California, then they are breaking the rules. Tell them that. If they ignore you and keep breaking the rules, then you can legitimately report them to the admins.

If you do not believe me, log in, make a new character, restart as GRN and take a look at your ID.

I am expecting, based on what I was told by some of the developers, the GRN ID to receive California as part of their ZOI in the next update, the progress of which is currently at 90%, so maybe you should just postpone the event until the update is applied.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - Mr.Mike. - 08-11-2017

(08-11-2017, 12:50 PM)Thunderer Wrote: Those events were admin-hosted events, where the admins added California as part of the GRN ID ZOI for the duration of the events. When they were finished, it was removed.

If a player carrying a GRN ID fires at you first in California, then they are breaking the rules. Tell them that. If they ignore you and keep breaking the rules, then you can legitimately report them to the admins.

If you do not believe me, log in, make a new character, restart as GRN and take a look at your ID.

I am expecting, based on what I was told by some of the developers, the GRN ID to receive California as part of their ZOI in the next update, the progress of which is currently at 90%, so maybe you should just postpone the event until the update is applied.

And what's the problem? Why not make exceptions for this event?

I don't think that unofficial factions can make exceptions from the rules for their events. I am not even sure if official ones can either. You had better check that with the admins. After most events some players on both the winning and the losing side feel "butthurt", and would report anyone for anything. I don't want anyone to get sanctioned here, so you had better check with the admins if you want to do something that is against the rules.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - Sombs - 08-11-2017

Even if you somehow manage to get this permitted by the admins without asking them about it before posting and not just expecting them to make an exception, you should move the battlefield somewhere else to prevent unregistered people from partaking. You will have almost no loss at placing the battlefield in a remote place of the map, for example A3, A6 or E7. In fact, everything will be easier to oversee for you and you will not have too many spectators who have the desperate need to bring lolwutty ship picks to spectate.

I suggest you take a look at this to find explanations, tips and examples.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - sindroms - 08-11-2017

If the liberty official factions would not mind a temporary Garlic ZOI extension and event kill bonus between their ID and GRNs, I don't mind. But otherwise there are no plans to extend the ZOI right now. However, if 5th, LN, LPI, etc are up for giving Cali some chaos - I can do it and give them a bonus on top of it or something.

Until then, however, consider this california ZOI as no.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - 6th Liberty Navy Fleet - 08-13-2017

The event is postponed to 3.5 weeks. Reason: the absence of a player for Liberty, who has a dreadnought.

A new date will be reported.

RE: Operation "Stand to the death!" - Toris (Old Account) - 08-13-2017

I'd change the GRN side from actual assault into scout incrusion into California using ships no bigger than cruisers (same for Navy). That way, you'd remove necessity of heavier caps AND resolve the issue of GRN side unable to attack first.

Background:
GRN pulls out a small detachment through Cortez Jumphole in order to create a foothold in California. But at the same time some other detachment of Liberty Navy does training in the cloud. Both sides are heavily suprised to see each other, as GRN spies inside Liberty and Eastern Independents were assured that no Liberty Navy patrol should be around the area and LN wouldn't be expecting Gauls going that far. Given the lack of time, the highest Liberty Navy ranking officer decides to attack busy GRN...