Discovery Gaming Community
Tales of a lost Prower - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Tales of a lost Prower (/showthread.php?tid=152779)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tales of a lost Prower - DarkTails - 08-14-2017

Freeport 2, Bering system...

Erika had landed her craft in the hangar bay, making her way out into the bay itself. She had removed the helmet and life support portions of her suit the lighten her load, as she eventually made her way into the bar. She had visited this bar once or twice, but never often, and never on something social. Even the locals failed to get even simple conversation started with her. As she entered the bar, her weary, squinted eyes scanned for the man in the Navy uniform. It seems she had beat him there, so she had chosen a quiet spot to sit in a rather dimly lit part of the bar.

The interior was what one would expect of a standard Freeport bar. Bland decorations, people of all walks of life, Unioners, Hessians, even a young Coalition girl at the bar, amongst others a house would deem undesirable. She sat and waited, looking around the room, studying the occupants, her bright blue eyes analyzing each corner of the room, just as she did on her last few visits.

RE: Tales of a lost Prower - Albrecht - 08-14-2017

Alexander had meanwhile cleared the freeport's somewhat lacking customs team, surrendering his sidearm and whatever else the Zoner officals deemed 'inciting'. He meandered his way through the various hallways before reaching the bar. Needless to say, his appearance had caused a sudden lull in most conversations. His Naval uniform standing out amongst the various unioners, hessians and Zoners. Nothing happened, and he proceeded to take up a position near the bar. He ordered two bottles of smuggled Rheinbeer and scanned the room, before meeting the intense and somewhat frightening gaze of a young Unioner pilot in the southern half of the room. Her eyes locking on to his with an unsurprising amount of hostility and suspicion. He knew that she was the one he had spoken too outside.

He strolled over to her, carefull to avoid the traps of extended legs that were preludes to good old fashion bar fights. Having navigated his way through said minefield, he stood before the girl and, in traditional fashion, clicked his heels together and gave a short bow. ''Miss Erika Miyasaki I presume?'' he said in a soft, woodsman like voice. ''Care for a drink?'' he said extending one of the bottles.

RE: Tales of a lost Prower - DarkTails - 08-14-2017

"Sit." She commanded, taking the bottle, rather brashly opening the bottle and taking a drink. Despite her appearance, her voice was rather soft, with slight bitterness, a strong contrast to her personality. "So you wanted to talk here, eh Navy? Start talkin' then." She seemed to be more interested in the drink for the moment, before finally setting it down to properly listen.

RE: Tales of a lost Prower - Albrecht - 08-15-2017

He sat down, placing his own drink on the table. She was quite clearly a rash individual, but then, he had shown up in a Naval uniform, probably not the wisest move. ''Well'' he began ''We were talking about you, so please, continue, you were saying how you discovered liberty's corrupt nature.'' He leant back and observed her for a moment.

RE: Tales of a lost Prower - DarkTails - 08-15-2017

"Like I said, I saw various acts of Navy silencing it's own for raising certain concerns, and only addressing them when necessary. It's insanity within the Libertonian borders. The corruption has probably killed as many of it's own as a war." She said, taking another generous drink from her bottle. "The rot has set in. Liberty of corrupted. It needs to be beaten down so it can be rebuilt without the rot."

''And you reckon that there can be a society without corruption? Also, how would you define corruption, just so we are on the same page'' he smiled a little.

"Corruption is the act of abusing ones power for self gain, especially when said power is supposed to be used to protect the peoples their elected to serve, instead using it to silence dissent and form an iron grip over those who put them in power. A society cannot be without corruption, but Liberty has let the rot sit. It has become the rot. It must be exterminated and rebuilt, with better failsafes."

''Alright, and in tearing down this society, do you reckon people, average, everyday people, will get hurt? I certainly do. I think if there was sudden change, people wouldn't know what to do. That makes them danagerous.''

"The people will be brought back to order with the government being reformed. I would normally entrust the security of the order to the Navy in such situations, but even there the rot has set. It will be the pains of reestablishment of a new start, one with better ways to fight, identify, and eradicate the rot. One tougher to rot. A necessary cost."

''And I assume you wouldn't trust the police either. So if the entire society is corrupt, what makes you think that 'the people' '' he said mockingly '' are any better?''