Discovery Gaming Community
The Virus Breaths - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Virus Breaths (/showthread.php?tid=154268)

The Virus Breaths - Grubozaboyschikov - 10-11-2017

[Image: AgSYf4g.gif]

FAILURE

The grim reaper had arrived.

She awoke in her cockpit to a beeping sound coming from her dashboard alert indicators. A faint smirk creaked at the corner of her dry and cracked lips while her wet, restless, and sore red eyes were still closed. She knew what had come. She knew who was paying her a visit. She knew it was the end.

The blinking but faint blue lights on her dashboard as well as the the dimmed and flickering headlights and lighting fixtures outside her ship were her only source of light. To save on the limited energy she had left, she powered down almost all her systems as she drifted in the dark and gloomy void of space, silence enveloping around her to be broken by the creaks and moans of her small fighter craft. The cockpit, once feeling snug and secure was now tight, binding, unyielding, and encompassing. A coffin made to fit.

[grim_reaper.exe] marked the end of her life she once cherished with passion and reverence. The accomplishments she had, the acquaintances and friendships she built, the name she made for herself. All was void. As she reached with the little strength she had and turned on the indicator, she was displayed code on her dashboard screen. The reaping of her work compiled. Her narrative; her blood now flowing. With squinting and drowsy eyes she stared at the code as it ran up her screen. Reports, missions, communications... she thought what it all had been for. Could any of it had prepared for her this? Could it have been done differently?

She had anticipated this would happen from the beginning, but never fully believed it. Mission 62 seemed to be simple at the time. A simple hacking objective for evidence. An amusing little provocative errand. An little naughty chore to catch her target in the act after she laid her calculated trap. She expected to have it all go as planned. She did not expect, however, to not find her target. The Omicrons, being a vast, gloomy, and uncharted area of Sirius held too many secrets to fathom. Someone or something could show up and then disappear in an instant. Contrasting that of Liberty where the spyglass network scanner had reach, she was blind now with no information to take into account. She was warned it could end up being dangerous and lethal, but she brushed aside the possibility of what she was facing now. As a result, the mission was a disaster and left her open to be brushed away in the process.

She knew that when the program would activate, her comrades would be notified. She had everything planned to perfection, bypassing every defense protocol of the spyglass scanner to target specifically her own content to extract and be sent via several proxies to her, while displaying that information to the ones that would be frantically trying to stop the virus. It was her final wish and statement, her final communication, her own funeral speech, her last stroke of power and energy.

The lights flickered for the last time before she was submerged in darkness as the code reached it's end. The power was completely drained besides the backup receiving emergency communication systems and the air soon became a bit cooler. She looked down at her arms, stained with dry, smeared blood and reached for the last of her cardamine injectors with shaking hands. She would feel calm soon as she'd overdose herself, taking herself away and forgetting about all her memories, including those of the last time she failed.

All alone now on her funeral, cut from everyone and sent to drift forever in her blood and tears and spontaneous laughter, she would rest now; her memento mori finalized.

"***Crrrk***... This is Beta Two Four Nine Zoner scavenger patrol squadrent. Be advised we are approaching your vessel, The Mistress.
We advise you show signs of life before we begin dismantling operations. ***Crrrk***"

RE: The Virus Breaths - Grubozaboyschikov - 10-13-2017

[Image: Gpbvfyt.gif]

AWAKENING

"Wakey, wakey, dearest Grubozaboyschikov..."

She awoke to a bright,beaming light shining down onto her face. She tried to move but could not manage to maneuver her arms or legs. It was pitch dark all around and she felt she was completely restrained.

"AH... she awakes...!"

An old and wrinkly man appeared next to her, overlooking her. She realized she was lying down, placed in a slanted horizontal position. She could feel her back against a cold and hard surface. The man in front of her was no different; cold eyes and white, frizzy hair. He wore thick circular glasses with black rims. His eyes seemed to bulge forwards through the lenses as he peered close to her. The smell of his breath was wretched and stank of decay. Her gaze locked on the man's teeth, seeing several missing and the rest yellowing and filthy.

"You had me worried, dearest child... I thought you were dead. Not much use to me if you are DEAD..."

His voice was eerie and made her shiver. It was a high frequency for a man, his age being clearly read with his tone. She stared at him as he more visually materialized out of the darkness, wearing a white lab coat, too perfect in it's white appearance. Not one stain.

"It took me a long time to find you, lovely... So precious.... Aaaaahaha!... so gorgeous..."

She felt his freezing hand touch her cheeks, rough and dry in the skin's texture and bony underneath. She tried to pull away to no prevail. Her head couldn't move, she was helpless to the freak before her. As he brushed his hand across her face she could see his devious and lustful smile, a bit of saliva materializing at the corner of his dry and wrinkly pale lips.

"The Order will be happy you have awakened. You're quite a specimen... quite the tool... and soon you will be mine at last."

His words paralyzed her. His intense gaze pierced through her. She tried with all her might to break free, to move an arm or a finger. Nothing could work against this. Her gaze was fixed to him, her heart was beating quicker, she could not even open her mouth to scream.

"Soon... soon... Your BRAIN will be mine... Soon darling.... just relax and be still.. you are doing wonderfully...just as I asked..."

She heard the unmistakable sound of a router and as her eyes looked up she watched in terror and fright as a rotating, buzzing, drill was lowering itself onto her, directly aligned to her forehead. She tried to move free with every muscle she could activate yet nothing moved. Nothing would respond. With terror she heard the old mad scientist laugh as the drill came centimeters to her forehead, her eyes fixed as it inched it's way without a pause. The touch erupted with a sharp jolt of pain. Everything turned black.

"Take the bag off her head."

The command was cold and harsh. She felt her hair being pulled as someone ripped something dark off her head and she was immediately faced with a blind spotlight shining at her. She attempted to turn her head to the side yet was unable to move at all like before. She looked down and saw her hands for the first time but in fright she realized they were shackled to arm rests. On either side of her head she could feel a cold plate squeezing mercilessly on her cheeks. She could feel her ankles sore and unable to move, assuming they were clamped down as well. She was sitting but nothing about it was comfortable in the slightest.

"Grubozaboyschikov. Your Lane Hacker acquaintances had me pay quite the sum to collect you. How does it feel to be betrayed by your own?"

A man appeared before her. Older but quite handsome for his age. Grey haired and sculpted face, his cheekbones high and his skin showing signs of age and stress. His eyes were grey, unamused and distant. He did not seem at all be in touch with humanity.

"It is unfortunate that we cannot chat for long. The LSF was quite clear on their orders. You are considered worthless to us and are to be put to death by the electric chair. Any last remaining words?"

She tried to reply but was unable to make a useful sound. She felt something soft and filling in her mouth, disabling her to speak or make a effective noise, opening her jaw and stretching it open. Again she tried to move yet was unable to do anything. Her eyes darted around in panic, seeing she was in a dark, grey concrete room, cold and uninviting, small and confined.

"That was a joke. You have no right to speak. Consider it a gift that I allowed your teeth to not chatter. Goodbye, Hacker.

She followed him with her eyes as he walked towards a lever at on one of the walls, clearly marked with its respected labels indicating the intention of the device. His wrinkled executioner's hand reached for the upright handle and griped around it. With one unresentful swing, the lever was pulled down and she felt a continuous surging jolt travel right through her entire helpless body. Her head drop down and went limp.

"You did not answer my question, Grubozaboyschikov. I will not repeat myself again."

She knew the harsh voice too well. Without a moment to pause she felt her hair being sharply pulled upwards and her head sprang up again. She could feel herself damp with her own sweat. In front of her she came face to face with Yoshida.

Her arms felt sore as she looked up. She could see and feel being stretched. Her arms hanging and spread apart above her head. Her feet barely able to touch the ground but also spread and secured. She found it hard to breath as she looked back at the man she once admired and respected. Now, she felt anger and spite.

"You held promise! You were one of the few that progressed far in the ranks. You completed high profile flag missions and accomplished what few would dream. And yet ... you became a disappointment."

She felt naked before him. His eyes piercing, his facial expression carrying no emotion. Her feelings of guilt and failure being swept away as her inner being burned with rage and animosity. Her teeth clenched and she violently erupted, unable to do anything else.

"As if you could care less! I bet you did not even think a second thought about what happened to me!"

"Compassion is for those who deserve it. You failed to deliver."

"To hell with your deliveries! Your errands! Your stupid tasks! Why don't go and do them yourself! Your ass is probably plump from all the sitting around you do!"

"You've forgotten your place, dear. Does your brain remember who I am and who made you where you are?"

"I remember well."

"Unfortunately, it's time I have you removed. I hope you had a good time hanging around. I only keep those that we can trust and are of use."

His voice was calm and collective as he pressed the button and delivered a bolt of electricity through her, stealing her breath and making her paralyzed and unable to cry out as she blanked out again.

"Her heart is beating. She has a pulse! Remove the defibrillator. She's going to make it!"

RE: The Virus Breaths - Grubozaboyschikov - 10-15-2017

[Image: ygnBOIC.gif]
PROGRAMED

"Everybody... focus... it looks like she is waking up..."

Her eyes blinked as she slowly opened them, attempting to lean forwards or move around. She pulled back as she realized a bright light was again shining into her eyes and immediately panic overcame her and she started to wrestle free.

"On your feet and get her to calm down. Shhh... It's okay! It's okay..."

She could see faint blurs around her; observing movements and feeling pressure on her body. Hands held her down as well as what she felt as if were straps to her legs and wrists, restraining her movement. She did not want to be in another nightmare. She wanted out.

"Stand by for another shot. She might go critical!.... Hey... take it easy... we are not here to hurt you. Just relax."

Her energy diminished quickly and she was forced to submit and relax, breathing quickly and with shallow breaths. Her eyes adjusted and she could see several, what seemed to be, doctors around her, one more prominent than the rest that was trying to get her attention. Nurses moved frantically in the background getting ready to help if need be with medication or equipment. She was definitely in some sort of facility and the more she looked around, the more she panicked. Catching eyes with the head doctor, she started to slowly calm down.

"That's it... just relax and control your breathing... yes... purse your lips and breath..."

His eyes felt soothing, reassuring, and somehow tranquil. Her assumption of being in danger diminished as she came to the realization that this was not like any of her dreams; beginning to separate it from reality. She could hear the ping of a heartbeat monitor slowly decelerating from a quick and shallow pulse into a more regular tempo. Somehow, it calmed her a little as she tried to recollect her thoughts and calculate what had happened to her.

"Wh-where am I...," she asked in a hushed whisper, her throat and mouth feeling dry.

"An isolated Zoner base, located at the edges of the Omicrons. Are you able to hear and understand me? Please repeat what I just said."

"An isolated... Zoner base... located at the edges... of the Omicrons...," she replied slowly, controlling her breath easier now.

"Fascinating... do you remember who you are? Do you remember your last thoughts?"

She was annoyed by his questions. Who was this man and what was she doing here? He was average size and slim proportion. He looked to be in his mid years with some white hair, a shaved face underneath his mask, and wearing a worn lab coat. As she collected her thoughts and gathered information about her surroundings, she noticed again the bonds tied to her as she lay on the medical bed.

"Why am I here," she asked, almost in a distasteful tone.

The head doctor remained his composure and answered while the others stepped back. "You were found drifting inside your ship in Omicron Delta, far from an hospitable station. Our scouts, only by luck had found you as they were out scavenging for supplies left in the debris. They reportedly had mistaken you for an abandoned wreaked ship and were about to dissemble you. Fortunately, one of them looked inside your cockpit and found you inside. Going short... they brought you here. You were pretty much as good as dead when you arrived. At one point you were even considered dead, though with my quick work, we managed to bring you back to life. You are a very lucky woman."

"Why... am I tied to this bed?"

"For your safety and our own, we need to keep you immobilized for the time being. You were being operated on. We needed you fully immobilized for much of our treatment on you. Additionally, patients may go into a state of panic when they first awaken, as you have done."

"What... did you do to me?"

"Your case is a fascinating one, and a remarkable achievement for myself and our team. Many years of researched was put into this, believe it or not. When you were brought in, you had lost an large amount of blood. Your arms were cut in many places, almost fatal. Our blood tests reveled you had an incredible percentage of cardamine in your blood stream compared to the little blood that was left. This, we saw in more test, was influencing your DNA structure significantly to the point where our normal intervention was not adequate to save you. Your brain was damaged and was breaking down further due to the imbalance of cardamine in your blood traveling through your brain. We had to intervene in order to save you."

"What... did... you... do..."

The doctor sighed. "I was planning to tell you when you are fully recovered, but I suspect you are ready now, if everything is operating at performance." He paused for a bit, collecting his thoughts and started to pace around the room. "You are a remarkable patient, I have to grant you that. This may not have happened to anyone else, from what I am aware. You see, to treat you, we had to perform brain surgery. A surgery involving advanced nanobot and AI technology. Because your brain was so damaged and also more evolved than the norm, due to your DNA structure, this allowed us to successfully implement you... to integrate you... with the data you carried with you." He paused a little more, looking at her and then continued. "We found you had in your ship some interesting things... a program as well as quite advanced technology. You were carrying a lot of information with you about yourself... including, what we had seen was the start of an AI being created. To put it blankly at you, we merged this data with your brain in an attempt to see if you could save your body... and perhaps see what would happen to you. You were dead in the middle of our operation and we had to bring in three rounds of shock to revive your heartbeat as well as your electrical impulses in your brain. Perhaps those shocks had some sort of effect on you as we had observed you at moments trying to move against your immobilization. Perhaps your brain was resetting and that was event where everything merged together. A remarkable event happened as you were showing signs of life again. As we continued our operation and monitored your body, we observed the AI rebuilding your brain and integrating itself into you. In essence... you are currently part program." He stated and continued. "As I had mentioned, we used nano-technology in the process as well. Inserting them into your blood stream, they are currently acting to regulate and repair the damages, being also controlled freely by your brain and AI. We have no remote access over them. Essentially, they are all part of you. Again, your case is exceptionally special. With your lack of blood, the little amount of your white blood cells did not attack our interventions to you and your body has grown to accept all these changes."

Grubozaboyschikov listened to every word. She was shocked but somehow also calm. "When am I expected to fully heal?"

"Normally this process would have taken weeks... several months to bring you to this stage and keep you in all this time on life support. With our intervention, your regenerating process has multiplied. We will be and are looking at more side effects that will happen, though to answer your question, it may be that you will fully recover in about a week."

"I see..." She said, and moments after she fell asleep again.