Discovery Gaming Community
Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 (/showthread.php?tid=154297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Thyrzul - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 09:52 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: There is a difference between jumping and snatching. Jump Drives still need a certain power core to work, which means only Battlecruisers, Carriers and Battleships can use them. However, they can 'snatch' any ship that isn't a transport/liner/train, meaning snubs, gunboats, cruisers, battleships, freighters and yo mama.

(10-12-2017, 10:20 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 12:46 AM)Exodite Asmodai Wrote: No.

You can't even Jump Gulls (1k Transport) anymore with a JD Mk IV

@Praxor23 and I just tested it.

Do these answer your queries though?

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - nOmnomnOm - 10-12-2017

Can i jump freighters?

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - sindroms - 10-12-2017

Yes, you can.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Sand_Spider - 10-12-2017

I'd like to ask a question in regards to cargo hold limits on jump drives. It seems for the time being, even Gulls are incapable of jumping, and this might be intentional.

But what about Pelicans? They're amongst the smallest transports in the game - couldn't possibly be a "medium transport," right?

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - nOmnomnOm - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:20 PM)sindroms Wrote: Yes, you can.

(sun)

good enough

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - sindroms - 10-12-2017

I am fully aware that the current list of small transports might be outdated. It will be updated on the next restart.
In the future we might have special ''jump'' transports that CAN be jumped, who knows.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Sand_Spider - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:23 PM)sindroms Wrote: I am fully aware that the current list of small transports might be outdated. It will be updated on the next restart.
In the future we might have special ''jump'' transports that CAN be jumped, who knows.

I can live with this. Cool I'll be patient on the subject, now.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Triple Hazard Pay Inc. - 10-12-2017

What is the cutoff hold size for "small" transports, for the record?

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Blackvertigo1 - 10-12-2017

If someone jumps on top of me or 100-m away, I will fire at them, I will not care who they are.

RE: Notice: Experimental changes to Jump Drives - rev 1 - Sombs - 10-12-2017

Looking forward to read the story in the sanction subforum.