Discovery Gaming Community
In Praise of Admin and developers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: In Praise of Admin and developers (/showthread.php?tid=154321)

Pages: 1 2

In Praise of Admin and developers - Paddy. - 10-13-2017

Without the Admin and the developers, DiscoveryGC would not be anything like it is today.
The roles that the Admin fulfill are very important and unsung praise is often not shared. This is a game that is free-to-play and neither the Admin or Developers do it for the money... there is none.

The developers are also unsung heroes, the behind-the scene theatre crew, who make the play for the actors (those who play the game) very interesting. There is a lot that goes on I am sure, that I do not know about or see. But I am immensely grateful to all who make this game what it is.

So, give a shout out to them, telling them not how great they are but why you appreciate them.
Please no negativity.

Thankyou Admin
Thankyou developers.

Paddy

(A Junker lass that hasn't caused the Admin even ONE issue of concern... surely)

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - E X O D I T E - 10-13-2017

Thank you, peeps who did the Disco wiki in 08-09. Without it, I'd have never found Discovery.

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Durandal - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 03:33 AM)Paddy. Wrote: The developers are also unsung heroes, the behind-the scene theatre crew, who make the play for the actors (those who play the game) very interesting.

Reading this actually made me want to try doing devstreams again.

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Nerva Regis - 10-13-2017

Couple of years ago, I used to be a mod and graph/visual dev for private server of a pretty old mmorpg.
As a player, you just take the game for granted.

I remember that only the mod part took several hours(even more on weekends). Oh, an drama that resulted (sometimes) from that moderation....

Then the deving part... Players always wanted shinier mounts, weapon skins etc. (with a dumb amount of particles if possible).

Aaaaaaand most of us were working in our free time.
I could go on for days, but thats not the point.

Kudos to all the Disco team (sun).

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - eigos - 10-13-2017

Amen, @Paddy. !

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - HanCloudstone - 10-13-2017

Well, thanks, I guess.
Omicron Chi is very neat and I love all Nomad structures and systems in this mod
Stay determined!

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Vulkhard Muller - 10-13-2017

Been preaching this since day one, which is why I try not to bother devs and admins unless it's really important or if i have been waiting a while for a response.

Sadly this is the best I can offer, my abilities as a coder are nonexistent and modeling I can't even begin to dream to do. So until then I will continue to stand for the mod team and pledge my undying allegiance and willingness to be a test dummy for any of their work

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Paddy. - 10-13-2017

Some good feedback - Bumped for more exposure. Smile

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Cybertron - 10-13-2017

Good peeps, good amigos. Cant say they turned me down for anything I have asked, and I am sure they would If I said anything utter stupid. Thanks guys, keep it up and don't let this orcs ever make you doubt your decisions and choices you have made so far. Gods speed.

RE: In Praise of Admin and developers - Hammerhead - 10-14-2017

I think the commitment and dedication of all Admin and developers both present and past has been without doubt a blessing to all who play on DiscoveryGC. Thanks to you all.