Discovery Gaming Community
To Kishiro Industries | Subject: A large project - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To Kishiro Industries | Subject: A large project (/showthread.php?tid=154967)

To Kishiro Industries | Subject: A large project - The Republic of Kusari - 10-31-2017

-=Comm request, completed=-
-=Beginning request handle, encryption detected. Comm secure=-
-=Incoming transmission=-

[Image: ZS0qf5h.jpg]
Arata Nakaigawa, Republic of Kusari

*a cheery fellow come up on screen. While banners of the republican office appear in the background, the official is unusually cheerful. Perhaps a drink too much?*

To the administration of Kishiro Technologies,

it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Masayoshi Nakasone, and I have been running our great nation Ministry of Economy and Industry and Colonial Development for a few months now. While Kishiro Technologies and its affiliated business are likely bombarded with Government contracts everyday, I bring a very important project that requires you top leadership attention.

According to our latest estimates, the Kusari economy growth is ever so slowing down, after half a dozen of years of boosted opportunities following the recovery of the war in the Taus, and extensive new contacts with Rheinland and Gallia. Now, our House is settling down to a new normal, and growth figures are shrinking as a result. Issues with Nagano and Kyushu are not helping our figures.

Therefore, the Government is looking for large scale projects to spur our economy back into the double digit growth percentage. And what better for that than huge public works!
But alas, my colleagues don't want to foot all the expenses with public funds, as that would look a bit bad for our voters. So the next big thing is private-public partnerships. We did a few with Samura and Kishiro before. Some did great, others.... not so much.

Now, we think we found the best thing that will spur our people's productive spirit, and that is Colonization! We have this fancy new planet just a few light years away, free from pirates and natives, that is begging for some Kusari culture. And I am certain that Kishiro is the company to pioneer that trust into another great territory of Kusari.
A year or so ago, explorers found some new passages to until then uncharted systems in the Sigma cluster, namely Sigma-21. You know of Planet Saigon right? That beauty deserves a temple or two to be built there. And a megalopolis of people to live too.

[Image: 2ne7wQE.jpg]

So the main points of the proposal would be:

- Kusari will contract Kishiro to build up the Colonial settlement on Saigon
- Kishiro will construct all infrastructure and facilities necessary for a fully operating settlement for Kusari
- Kishiro will assume administrative duties of planetary operations during the colonization process
- Kishiro will commit to achieve several colonization milestones set by the government, in exchange for government subsidies and grants set on the contracts
- Once requirement settled by the Government are achieved, planetary administration will be transferred to the Government tutelage, and the colonization contract will be settled.

Now, we're talking about long term plans here people. I wager that the final terms will revolve around getting enough housing and infrastructure to handle 10 Million residents... in around 20 years or so? On the plus side, I'm positive that our government is looking to create subsidies for the colonization measured in billions of credits spread out over the years. Job Creation policies for all to enjoy!!
Now, you wont be flying solo out there, as we are dispatching a couple of fighters... Oh wait, wrong report. What I mean is that we will have at least the Naval Forces to protect our flanks while you deal with that project. Maybe other companies for other points of the process, in due time.

I'm sure government is to issue a statement regarding the plan sooner or later, but it required me to start handling businesses to you folks as soon as I could. After all, we will be dealing with this for a couple of years! Hehehe.

To your speedy reply and Cool Business!
Masayoshi Nakasone, Ministry of Economy and Industry and Colonial Development (Extraordinaire!)
Republic of Kusari

RE: To Kishiro Industries | Subject: A large project - Impyness - 11-18-2017

[Image: Kishiro_Sig.png]

Message Subject: Saigon Colonization

It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Nakasone. It is always delightful to witness such high ranking and competent individuals such as yourself taking an active interest in the economy of our great House. With your enthusiasm and commitment I am certain that prosperity will once again grace us all.

Regarding your proposal there has been some concern regarding relations with the Gas Miners Guild lessening due to colonization efforts into the Sigmas. I trust that when dealing with them the Government will keep the economic safety of Kishiro's other projects in mind? This is namely in regards to the Helium rich fields of Sigma 19 where Kishiro works alongside the Gas Miners Guild.

Assuming such considerations are taken in any future negotiations I do not see any reason for us to decline and indeed hope that such a venture will create many chances for our economy to expand and thrive. You may consider this an official acceptance of your terms, though be aware that until operations have fully begun there will surely be unforeseen issues planetside that need to be addressed and may greatly slow the colonization process.

Kano Higuchi
Kishiro Technologies, Deputy CEO

RE: To Kishiro Industries | Subject: A large project - The Republic of Kusari - 11-27-2017

-=Comm request, completed=-
-=Beginning request handle, encryption detected. Comm secure=-
-=Incoming transmission=-

[Image: ZS0qf5h.jpg]
Arata Nakaigawa, Republic of Kusari

To Kano Higuchi

indeed the current situation put the relation with GMG in a odd spot, and rest assured that the government is doing it's best to finalize an understanding that will allow for us to proceed without issues, and Kishiro to continue its activities in Guild economic space without trouble. In fact, I would like to suggest that Kishiro would put up some words in the Guild about our mutual beneficial position in the future.

As it is, the government is planning to set some guidelines about what constitutes the Guild exclusive affairs and rights, and what it falls within the Kusari Republic legislation and jurisdiction. In the same way that the currently proposed contract gives Kishiro freedom to manage the development of Sagion's colony, we wouldn't be opposed of Kishiro providing some concessions to Guild business on the colony to ease their concerns. Just don't forget to report back to us any developments, so we don't get caught off guard by any standing contracts when the Kishiro development concession ends.

Meanwhile, do tell us if there is anything that the government can arrange to facilitate the project.

To your speedy reply and Cool Business!
Masayoshi Nakasone, Ministry of Economy and Industry and Colonial Development (Extraordinaire!)
Republic of Kusari