Discovery Gaming Community
Civilian Weapons, clarification of sub-types - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Civilian Weapons, clarification of sub-types (/showthread.php?tid=156628)

Civilian Weapons, clarification of sub-types - Jake Logan - 12-24-2017

What would be the distinction between, say, "Civilian/Generic weapons" and "Sirius-Wide Civilian weapons"........(then there are the likes of "Kusari Lawful weapons" and "Liberty Lawful weapons" , clearly these are a whole different category...showing a penalty or nerf for usage on say a Freelancer and a red square on a Miner ID, either outright forbidden or unusable anyway....)
I'm trying to use some common sense and I can see that something like a Kusari "Cleanser" KP2 Tachyon Turret, say, is most likely civilian tech, just made in Kusari , type of thing...

Am I right in thinking that things like a 'TR8-D "Vengeance" Liberty Laser Turret Mk IV' or a 'Wb-24t "Sunfrenzy Mk II" Kusari Photon Turret' would be intended for Police and the Navy only, the "Liberty/Kusari Lawful" factions...like...My Freelancer can't use it simply because he's a law abiding fellow and is often IN Liberty or Kusari space? Or would they be forbidden only to a Rogue/Hogosha or some such unlawful ID? clearly, if allowed on the FL ID, the nerf would reduce the benefits of an apparently "better" gun or turret...and the Miner would be in breach of the rules and /or left with no power?

I'm playing it safe with both ID types, sticking to stuff that's clearly labelled as civvi tech....but I must admit to coveting various bits and pieces, for planned loadouts....(its the ranges and the firing speeds...)
In any case...the likes of Maxim chainguns, Codenames and missiles and what not....count as civilian? To return to, specifically, those Kusari made "Cleanser" turrets...they'd be alright on either a generic Freelancer or Miner?

I'm sorry if I'm being tedious, I did have a look at the list under the techcompat_table but couldn't really decipher it, as its mostly in the form of the items ids as they'd appear in the game code, I think. As I say, for now, I'm playing it cautious....
Is there any kind of a list or data base of effective or "interesting" loadouts for various ships etc? Any advice would be most appreciated.

RE: Civilian Weapons, clarification of sub-types - Traxit - 12-24-2017

Civilian/Generic guns = Flashpoints, Debs and Purple Chaingoddess. I'm sure any ID can use these guns at 100%, except nomads and maybe gallic IDs.
House Lawful = Garands, Enfields and Ross, Cleansers and Flammenwerfers. Generic IDs (except pirate ID, it gets 90%) get 100%, and the respective factions of the house.
Faction Guns = Like Outcast "Wyrms", Navy "Vengeance" and Junker "Barragers" - only the corresponding faction IDs get 100% on those.

If you plan on using a specific ID and ship and want to check if there are tech nerfs, use this.

RE: Civilian Weapons, clarification of sub-types - Jake Logan - 12-24-2017

Thank you! Very succinct (I think that's the/a word), yeah...answers it all in a nutshell...Thank you very much, and for the link to the Mactan Network too!