Discovery Gaming Community
Cardamine Price. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Cardamine Price. (/showthread.php?tid=157485)

Cardamine Price. - ALEKSANDAR_SRB - 01-28-2018

Something is bugging me. I was at Buffalo just looking at commodities
and it got to my eye how cheap Cardamine is, and when i looked where
it sells the best it was Manhatan for 7000and something SC.

Now i decided to give it a try to smuggle it.

It took me 2days to get all right, like ship and IFF standing with
Police and Rogues.

And when i finally i got all that and barely got in Manhatan
i almost had a heart attack it only sell's only for 500 SC.

Can someone explain what is going on???

RE: Cardamine Price. - Sombs - 01-28-2018

There are two different Cardamine commodities. One is for the Rouges in Liberty, the other is the smuggling contraband from Malta to house space.

RE: Cardamine Price. - Mephistoles - 01-28-2018

There are two cardamines in the game, they have the same name and icon but are different commodities with different prices. This is to maintain its roleplay integrity (for example sold by the Outcasts but fenced on by Liberty Rogues) without damaging balance, as buying it for 999 credits on Buffalo and selling it for for 6,315 on Manhattan would be an overpowered trade route.

RE: Cardamine Price. - DarkTails - 01-28-2018

To my knowledge there are two forms of the same commodity. The cardamine found sold in the center of the sector (like buffalo) is lower quality and not very valuable for trading. The second is the "pure" form of cardamine, found on Malta and suitable for smuggling. For some reason these two are exactly the same and display the same sale prices, despite being different. For the best way to view what the true sale price and point is, once you purchase a unit of the cargo, go t your hold, click the item and press the button giving trade routes. This should give you proper prices and locations. The only stuff really suitable for smuggling comes from Malta in Omicron Alpha, run by the Outcasts.

RE: Cardamine Price. - Dino - 01-28-2018

Hey, that's a common mistake, as there are 2 different Cardamine commodities.

First one is sold on Malta, Omicron Alpha. It's a standard Outcast Cardamine and it's sold for around 500 credits, while it nets profit of around 6000 per unit on Planet Manhattan, New York. ( I forgot the exact prices, sorry ). This one is very valuable, but you have to smuggle it throughout 7-8 systems to get some profit, so it's also risky.

Other one is sold on Buffalo, New York and it nets profit of 1500 per unit on Lane Hacker and Rogue bases around Liberty. It's a Liberty Cardamine ( not manufactured in Liberty, but smuggled around Liberty ) and it's cheap and nets small profit. People only use it inRP, as ooRP value sucks.

RE: Cardamine Price. - JorgeRyan - 01-28-2018

Theres 2 different versions of cardamine: The "fresh" stuff, direct from Malta, and the... "dirty" stuff, less pure, mixed with other drugs whatever, that is then distributed through Liberty from Buffalo

RE: Cardamine Price. - Thyrzul - 01-28-2018

I've opened up a program called FLStat in order to check out information regarding commodity purchase locations and prices, and found that there is a commodity_cardamine and a commodity_cardamine_rt entry in there, both related to Cardamine. This neat tool basically confirmed what the other dudes explained above.

FLStat is a useful program capable of telling a lot more about the game than that, there's a download link in the Tutorial section for it. There are also a lot of other useful tools and information in that section, feel free to check it out.

RE: Cardamine Price. - ALEKSANDAR_SRB - 01-28-2018

Thank you guys for help.
Wish i have know all that before all this troubles and headache Big Grin