Discovery Gaming Community
[UPDATED]High alien presence (Timeless event) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED]High alien presence (Timeless event) (/showthread.php?tid=162254)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[UPDATED]High alien presence (Timeless event) - Piombo65 - 06-23-2018

High alien presence
[img float=right]https://i.imgur.com/ANoFLHg.png?1[/img]
  • Where: Omicron Delta
  • Who: All factions involved in that system (Core, Zoners, Every type of Nomad, Order)
  • What: Generic PvP event
  • When: In this period
  • Why (Purpose of this event): Increase activity and give some twists or something in one of hotter systems of the mod. Don't you like it? Boh, I like "Drama events".

Description:
In these days, nomad activity has been increased at worrying levels. Due to different reasons like variations about the human (and nomad too) presence within the system, looks like nomads are going to prepare different strike groups to take advantage about some "minor human crisis" (Like the disbandment of the Confederation of Freeports) and the less activity of various companies that usually fought against nomads. Human factions should prepare to repulse once again this threat, maybe giving up their hostilities.

Slots, factions and objectives:
[Image: 31JSBRd7jYL._SY355_.jpg]

Destroy as many nomad ships as possible

5/50

[Image: Flag-nomads3.png]

Destroy as many human ships as possible

1/50

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Sombs - 06-23-2018

Next time contact me before powergaming all people off FP11. The idea is nice, but that is not how you handle the community.

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Piombo65 - 06-23-2018

(06-23-2018, 11:02 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Next time contact me before powergaming all people off FP11. The idea is nice, but that is not how you handle the community.

Powergaming what?

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Banned player t202085 - 06-23-2018

The idea of the contamination zone makes it easy for nomad players to hug the circle and effectively negate their deaths being useful to opposing team. You also need permission to say that the freeport has had its crew evacuated. This is kinda like if the Zoners said something like "planet Nauru has suffered a massive earthquake and all Core forces are dead/withdraw. Try reaching out to some Zoners about it, they might not like the idea of their station being evacuated.

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Piombo65 - 06-23-2018

(06-23-2018, 11:03 PM)Silverlight Wrote: The idea of the contamination zone makes it easy for nomad players to hug the circle and effectively negate their deaths being useful to opposing team.

I knew it, I should remove that limit but however keep that "atmosphere"...

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Emperor Tekagi - 06-23-2018

No123.
Literally all I want to say to this. I read the logs. It's hilarious, sorry but it is.
If you want to encourage Nomad - all others stuff. Do it with stuff like actual striking on FP11 or Yaren or whatever base in the region but not by making up stuff like bacteria.

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Kauket - 06-23-2018

(06-23-2018, 11:03 PM)Piombo65 Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 11:02 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: Next time contact me before powergaming all people off FP11. The idea is nice, but that is not how you handle the community.

Powergaming what?
This. This is powergaming. This isn't how bacteria works either anyway. I don't think you approached the other factions either, nor did you really approach the K'Hara 1ic or 2ic (me)

[Image: QtqWEyR.png]

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Sombs - 06-23-2018

(06-23-2018, 11:03 PM)Piombo65 Wrote:

Powergaming what?

You powergamed people off the station. You powergamed to have a say on that station. That's not good, to phrase it forum-friendly. As the person who handles FP11 inRP, you could have contacted me to actually set this up. Instead you moved with a cloaked Marduk to FP11 and pretended to speak for FP11 and claiming super-powerful bacteria can move through shields and fly around in space freely.

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Aristaan - 06-23-2018

I certainly don't appreciate having my ship covered in bacteria. In a vacuum. And said to make it through my hull. I essentially had to powergame my way out of the situation, not to mention the alerts and nonsense that happened around the station from the opposing side, not ours. Request the event, then move with the assumption after people are on-board.

RE: Contamination (Timeless event) - Banned player t202085 - 06-23-2018

(06-23-2018, 11:05 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: making up stuff

Everything and everyone here is making up stuff, the issue is Pimbo, what you have made up effects other people, you need their permission before giving a zoner station space aids.

why not make it a Nomad attack or increased nomad presence.