Discovery Gaming Community
JH generator parts are very bad. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: JH generator parts are very bad. (/showthread.php?tid=162296)

JH generator parts are very bad. - Jessitrescott - 06-25-2018

They're literally the worst commodity, can we please exchange JH parts for Sci data or code guns. I mean the other rewards let you have a personal gain, you cant even do anything with a JH parts, it would be amazing if i could open a JH from O-7 to Lyonnais secretly and power trade all day but you cant do that (even code guns break balance but apparently if i break balance with powertrading its suddenly an economic crisis), i cant open a hole from London to Lyonnais and ask ZOI extension for PVP. Even after opening the JH from X fixed location to Y random location i cant do anything there because 0 zoi probably and i might just endup opening a JH from NL to Manchester.. just why ? they're the most rarest commodity ingame afaik.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - SnakThree - 06-25-2018

They are not commodity. They are event-initiating-item.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Lythrilux - 06-25-2018

We need more, readily available and cheaper event-creating commodities that can be put in the hands of players. It feels too much like factions are the driving force behind such events, and even then it's rare.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Kauket - 06-25-2018

As far as I'm aware from what I remember spazzy told me some time ago , they randomly generate where it'll land, rolls once for sector, then another roll for the systems, I don't think they choose themselves where to place it but if it's really bad I guess the admins might move it

I think they're really too much of a gamble to have fun with, and all of them are announced, they also have a chance of failing and just basically disabling the Jump gates or something, that should be reduced in chance

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Jessitrescott - 06-25-2018

even nemp has 1000x more potential "event initiating capability" when compared to a JH part. you literally open a JH from one fixed location to another random location, nothing else changes, if it makes the a trade route shorter it gets nerfed, no zoi extension or anything, the only ones i see profiting from this or factions with unlimited zoi like SCRA and nomads.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Lythrilux - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 05:22 PM)Auzari Wrote: I think they're really too much of a gamble to have fun with, and all of them are announced, they also have a chance of failing and just basically disabling the Jump gates or something, that should be reduced in chance

Absolutely agree. I don't see the logic in making an activity-generating item fail or generate in a way that could be useless.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Sand_Spider - 06-25-2018

I think it would be neat if the other end of the jump connection could at least be choose-able as far as which section of the game its in I.E. Omegas, Kusari, Bretonia, etc. Even better if the admins/devs clear it for both ends being accurate.

Perhaps if both starting and ending system were selectable by the player, the end-system would simply be random as far as the JH's on-plane location within a given system is concerned, i.e. Player chooses precise starting system and coordinates, but only end-system sans coordinates. Simply roll 2d8 dice to determine Letter and Number coordinates for the end-system JH's location, then place the JH in the center of the random coordinate square rolled.

RE: JH generator parts are very bad. - Reddy - 06-25-2018

it should be possible to exchange them for scidata, seeing as how 10 cost 500 scidata to buy