Discovery Gaming Community
Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] (/showthread.php?tid=162932)

Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - FreshP - 07-20-2018

As 'Artemis' -Lieutenant Gareth Dayton- flies in the direction of Juneau Shipyard he sends a message to Captain Ethan Taylor about an interesting project with the name of "Project Hummingbird". The text isn't telling much details but it says that it's about a Condor-class gunboat and it also speaks about the Destroyer project in some words.
Gareth asks Taylor in the message to come to Juneau and meet him at his office so he can tell more about the idea.
Gareth arrived at Ethan's office and he was sitting in front of the door, waiting for the Captain. He was searching for some files, documentations, etc. and wrote some stuff for his project while waiting.

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - Ikarus_Hagen - 07-21-2018

Taylor's office, Juneau shipyard.

Taylor stood by the window as his datapad began to rang, he frightened by that loud noise, turned around and grabbed it and sat on his chair.
What the! I need to turn that off...
While reading the message he heard someone at the door and after finishing the message he knew who was a the door. One button later the door open.
Artemis,get in here, tell me about that.

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - FreshP - 07-21-2018

As 'Artemis' -Lieutenant Gareth Dayton- enters the office he says "Good Day!" to Captain Ethan Taylor, he sat down and started speaking.

"First of all... The Destroyer project isn't that good as I thought for first. As you can hear about it, my fighter piloting skills aren't the best, but I'm trying to improve. The Shuttle isn't great in turning, I've managed to scrap some ships by chance because if I get behind them the Maxims just make minced meat from them. It is great if you support in a group fight, but nothing more. It can't really stand against a very heavy fighter alone.

Now my current idea... I'm planning this for a long time... I'm so nervous... *shy smile* So you know the Condor-class civilian gunboat, right? We can easily access one or two and they will be good for my plan. So it would be interesting to see another type of gunboat in our lines, the Defiant-class is great but I think we need one that is tougher and better against other gunboats and smaller capital ships. If you give me permission I can start a project with a Condor-class and test various heavier weaponry and we can even fit a more powerful engine or advanced defense systems, it will turn out in time. First, we need to know the stock capabilities of the ship. Since gunboats are very manoeuvrable we need better defense systems first. For now Cerberus Gunboat Turrets and Liberty Gunboat Turrets will be fine, but we will test more if needed."

Gareth stands up and starts walking around nervously.

"Given my new rank, I can pilot a gunboat and I'm ready to start tests if you accept this project as a new one for me instead of the Destroyer, and I can also get one of those ships myself if needed... The ship would be used under the Research and Development's tag and would be tested in various combat situations.
What do you think?"

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - Ikarus_Hagen - 07-22-2018

With a skeptical look Taylor watched Artemis walking up and down, telling him his idea.
Look, Lieutenant, I need more info about that. For now it sounds... boring, useless. The Defiant is fine at it's current version, it's better than the Condor. You need a very good point of idea why wh should consider using a ship which is entirely known to our enemies. Sell you idea, maybe I will buy it.
He leaned forward, resting his chin on his fist, waiting for Artemis' answer.

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - FreshP - 07-22-2018

As 'Artemis' -Lieutenant Gareth Dayton- looks disappointed but continues the speaking.

"I knew that you will find this concept a little bit boring so I have a second one that is more detailed. So the second concept is a torpedo boat. I think I just show it to you."

Gareth opens the project on his datapad and puts it in front of Taylor.

"Here you can open the parts and read them. I know it's not that much but if I will have more time and I will be calm I will make an all-round plan for it. For now this is the basic."

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - Ikarus_Hagen - 07-22-2018

He took the pad an read and while doing so he answered.
2 turrets, 3 CD's, more hull, more cargo space but lower core? Hm...
You are considering actual bomber torpedos to be mounted. Cruisers will destroy your gunboat before it even started shooting, given the effective range of the torpedos. But, maybe we can make something out of it.

Taylor gave the pad back, took his own and leaned back.
Take a seat, listen and write the following:
Convert two small mounts to two heavy mounts, keep the hull, reduce the cargo space, increase the core capacity, take some space of the engine and develop a new torpedo launcher or upgrade existing ones. Think about that, there might be potential.

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - FreshP - 07-22-2018

Gareth starts speaking while writing down the list.

"If we have the resources for it I find this a good idea. I will make the final concept with this list and I send it to you in a communication channel, right? Also I will start to make plans for the new torpedo launcher and the torpedo itself."

Gareth stops writing and looks into the eyes of Taylor.

"So... *smile* Will you give me the permission to start preparing a Condor? I already have one as a private ship and I'm ready to use it to cut some expenses for the fleet."

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - Ikarus_Hagen - 07-24-2018

Looking at Dayton he recieved a notification on his pad, quickly reading through it he decided what the next steps are.
Fine, I will add it to the current missions, on a low importance level.
We might get something bigger to do, so do not concentrate entirely on that project.

He stood up, walked to the door and turned around and with ending the sentence he left.
Let's see how good we are at ship engineering.

RE: Project Hummingbird [5th Fleet internal RP, invite only] - FreshP - 07-24-2018

Gareth walked towards Taylor to leave the office. While leaving he smiled at Taylor and was talking quietly.

"Thank you! You will not be disappointed!"

Gareth slowly walked through the passageway and in the next minute, the Kanata left its dock.