Discovery Gaming Community
What Happened to the Wars? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: What Happened to the Wars? (/showthread.php?tid=163178)

Pages: 1 2

What Happened to the Wars? - jm02130 - 07-29-2018

Last week Rhineland and Liberty were at war, and apparently Rhineland and Kusari were at war. It was all over the news. This week: nothing. Flying my Ageira ships into Rhineland is not a problem, and there is no sign of any conflict. What happened?

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - Freeroamer - 07-29-2018

It's in it's very beginning stages, and most of the fighting is in the more remote sigmas.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - DarkTails - 07-29-2018

Rheinland and Liberty havent been at war for quite some time.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - Venkman - 07-29-2018

A week = 7 days.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - Kazinsal - 07-29-2018

Rheinland and Liberty haven't been at war for like, a year and a half.

The Sigma War is currently a series of skirmishes in and around Sigma-21.

Just think of it as AD 2101. War was beginning.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - jm02130 - 07-29-2018

So the news I saw last week was a year and a half old? As for Kusari vs Rhineland, a Kusari policeman stopped me and urged me to take my cargo of white boxes to Nagano instead of Munich, citing the war between Kusari and Rhineland. Was he role playing a corrupt cop?

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - HanCloudstone - 07-29-2018

Where did you meet that cop?

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - Unseelie - 07-29-2018

Yes, the news articls are old.

Basically, every article in the news report is not "today's news" but rather, the entire backlog of news put out (and there's not much of it) that is relevant to base showing on. Replacing every news item with "current news" so that, for example, the now 25 year old news of the freeport 7 surviors woudn't pop up is a lot of writing work that no one has ever done. I'll look into how much work in writing it is, and if it seems doable, I think we have a mostly idle infocard writing team for the early part of the mod development, and maybe I can suggest we spend some time writing a lot more news items.

Losing those original news items, though, would be a shame.

That cop was not, in my mind, corrupt, but rather patriotic. He wants you to trade to kusari, not to Rheinland, for letting you trade to rhienland would be...supporting his nation's aggressor.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - jm02130 - 07-29-2018

No, I get that the cop was patriotic, but there was no war, at least at the time, yes?

I kind of like the idea that a war broke out, changing allegiances and trading patterns.

RE: What Happened to the Wars? - E X O D I T E - 07-29-2018

Kusari is trying a combination of "soft power" (embargo) as well as "hard power" (weapons fire) to secure Saigon. Problem is that Rheinland is doing the exact same thing. What it means, however, is that when my PC is fixed, I'm going to have a field day smuggling contraband goods between borders (indeed, funding a special board to ensure the supplies flow is planned)

The Lib-Rhein War is far over. Liberty "won", or at least got a white peace (status quo antebellum) despite Rheinland caps pushing into New Hampshire and their forces being funneled straight to the Westfalen battlegroup if they came in through Hudson.

The war between Kusari and Rheinland started a couple weeks ago and people are actually using their Tokus for something apart from mission farming in Shikoku.

The policeman was saving your hide, because if you went to Rheinland as you planned, he would have had to dust you to enforce the embargo.