Discovery Gaming Community
To: GRI, MRG | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: GRI, MRG | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS (/showthread.php?tid=171877)

To: GRI, MRG | From: Director Mountbatten, SIS - Capt. Henry Morgan - 07-11-2019

SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE - KINGDOM OF BRETONIA - SEMPER OCCULTUS
[Image: VlO6HN1.png]

To: Gallic Royal Intelligence, Marine Royale Gauloise Admiralty

Subject: Nomads

Classification: TOP SECRET (EXOBIOLOGY/EXISTENTIAL THREAT)

Good day,

I know that this communication comes as a bit of a surprise, given the delicate state of affairs between our two nations, and I don't expect you'll trust me given my position. Still, it's taken me the better part of a year to get authorisation from the War Cabinet to initiate this exchange, and took a great deal of effort to convince them not to pad it with misinformation, so I ask that you at least do me the courtesy of not depositing it directly into the circular file.

I'm calling you because the SIS routinely monitors military and civilian encounters with Nomads and Nomad-infected personnel. One such encounter involved one of our officers temporarily allying with one of yours to combat a Nomad infectee. Your pilot was reported to be unfamiliar with the existence or nature of Nomads, and given the threat they pose to the human race as a whole, I felt it prudent to share what we know, regardless of the state of war between our two nations. I will give you a short rundown of the nature of the enemy and our history with them, and will attach a number of more detailed files for your perusal.

Nomads are a sapient hostile alien species native to the Sirius Sector, capable of implanting themselves into and fully controlling a human host. Nomads are believed to have been created by a precursor race called the Daam K'Vosh, though for what purpose is unknown. The Nomads motivation and ultimate goals are likewise unknown.

They initiated a war against the human race as a whole in 800-801 AS, commonly referred to as the Nomad War. The Nomads' modus operandi, as seen in the Nomad War, is to avoid direct action wherever possible. Despite their formidable technology, they do not possess the raw military strength to attack and defeat human military forces. They instead prefer to quietly infect human leadership, and use them to sow chaos and weaken us from within by setting powerful forces against each other before acting directly. During the war, they infected a substantial portion of the leadership in Rheinland, Liberty, and Kusari. Rheinland was the most heavily affected, with their entire government leadership and most of their military infected. Liberty and Kusari both had substantial infections, but the heads of state and most of the military rank-and-file were not infected. Bretonia was relatively unscathed by the Nomad War, with no significant infection in our leadership or military.

The Nomad offensive was broken by timely intervention from the Order and allied personnel, but the Nomads are not gone. They continue to pose an existential to the entire human race, and the only way any of us will ultimately survive is through constant vigilance. We must all be aware of the threat and be on constant guard against infiltration. I hope you will accept this warning in the spirit it is offered and protect yourselves, and thereby protect all of humanity.

ATTACHED FILES:
  • Nomads and the Daam K'Vosh: A History by R. Quintaine
    A paper by noted xenoarchaeologist Roland Quintaine detailing what little is known about the origins of the Nomads and the history of their creators.

• Nomad Physiology and Infection of Human Hosts by <<REDACTED>>
    A report on Nomad anatomy and physiology with details on how they infect and control human hosts.

• Fugitives and Freelancers: A Secret History of the Nomad War by G. Hughes
    Unpublished book by historian Gerald Hughes. This book is based on a series of interviews of freelancer Edison Trent, believed to have been directly involved in the events surrounding humanity's victory in the Nomad War. The manuscript was seized by the SIS and classified under the Official Secrets Act. Hughes and Trent were taken into custody and are currently <<REDACTED>>.

In Her Majesty's Service,

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Director
Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service