Discovery Gaming Community
To: Edmund Steiner - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Edmund Steiner (/showthread.php?tid=172134)

To: Edmund Steiner - Omicron Research Group - 07-23-2019

[Image: VwaBqMl.png]
[Image: pTUGKEd.png]

- Director Taylor
- Omicron Research Group
- Sector 0 Clearance
- 00:56 AM - 23/7/825 A.S.

Lord Steiner,

my name is Jacob Taylor, I'm the founder and director of the Omicron Research Group, an Order-affiliated Organization based within the Omicron Systems. More importantly, I'm a former citizen of Bretonia - I was born and grew up on Planet Cambridge. While my interest in the unknown - which I without a question have inherited from my father, who was for the majority of his life employed by the Cambridge Research Institute - has led me far away from my home, and into the deepest reaches space, my heart has and will always remain with my true home. And while I wish that this transmission could keep its lighthearted tone I have no option but to move on to more pressing manners.

An Armed Forces pilot designated MN-George.Teeze. has referred me to you, saying that you will handle matters 'away from public ears'. I would also kindly ask you not to be put off by our affiliation with the Order, who in my experience still is regarded as a terrorist organization.

A recent recon flight into Bretonian space has reported back with quite shattering results, I've head stories of Gallic advances into both Bretonian and Liberty space, but not once did I think that they would advance into New London. First of all, I would like to say that my thoughts go to all those, who have made the greatest sacrifice in the protection of their home, I know that it won't be in vain. But furthermore, I would like to offer you my help, while we are an organization dedicated to research, our position in such hostile space did force us to amass a sizable military force and I think it is time to put it to good use.

I'm not asking for your trust as I am well aware that such must be earned. I merely ask for a chance for us to prove ourselves as an ally Bretonias, whether it would be with reinforcements at the frontline, strike groups behind enemy lines, or with humanitarian assistance. I hope you will be able to grant us such a chance. Moreover, I apologize to initiate communications with such a request, but the current situation leaves me no other choice.

Sincerely,

- Director Jacob Taylor
Omicron Research Group

RE: To: Edmund Steiner - Victor Steiner - 07-25-2019

[Image: RpQmFoF.png]

Director

You must forgive my distrust of the Order, when last Bretonia and your organisation spoke, a grave misunderstanding lead to a major engagement outside of New London, Newcastle and Tau-31. I don't know what the Order's agenda is, but suffice to say that I do not trust anyone claiming to act in the best interest of the Human race. Such a statement is arrogant in the extreme. You, however, have avoided mentioning anything of the sort and instead have asked for a chance to prove yourself, to show that we are on the same side.

While I am not in the business of accepting words only, I will allow you to prove yourself through action. You have your chance sir, but I will not allow warships of any kind to enter Bretonian Borders. You must find some other way to prove to me that you are men and women of your word.

Fleet Admiral E. Steiner
First Sea Lord
Carrier Warwick
Bretonian Armed Forces

RE: To: Edmund Steiner - Omicron Research Group - 07-29-2019

[Image: VwaBqMl.png]
[Image: pTUGKEd.png]

- Director Taylor
- Omicron Research Group
- Sector 0 Clearance
- 00:56 AM - 23/7/826 A.S.

Lord Steiner,

first and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to our transmission, especially after the events which have transpired. Please rest assured that we will comply with any and all security measures and restrictions put in place.

Now to get the matter at hand, while military support is out of the question currently, there are a few other things I could offer you. We have a Bustard-Class Carrier at our disposal, as you might know, this is far from being a combat-oriented - or in most situations even combat-capable - ship. We could deploy said carrier into bretonian space to assist with the repair of bretonian fighters, the carrier could also be fitted with a cloaking device to be used close to the Gallic frontline in assistance of damaged vessels. This however could gain quite a lot of attention. Another offer I could make is to send whatever medical and engineering personnel we could spare over to BAF installations to assist with the current situations.

If none of these suggestions seem satisfactory to the BAF I could always offer our support in the scientific field, or simply in the logistical since we do have a few ships at our disposal, capable of transporting large amounts of goods. However, I'm always open to further suggestions from your side.

Sincerely,

- Director Jacob Taylor
Omicron Research Group