Discovery Gaming Community
To: Amiral de Gaulle Chanteloup; From: RNS La Rochelle - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Amiral de Gaulle Chanteloup; From: RNS La Rochelle (/showthread.php?tid=172890)

To: Amiral de Gaulle Chanteloup; From: RNS La Rochelle - Thunderer - 08-19-2019

Message Class: Audio-Visual

To: Marine Royale Gauloise Units
Encryption: Clairet

[Image: 2593308870_08e6367fc1_o.jpg]

Mon amiral! I bow to you.

I wish to inform you that there has been an incident aboard the La Rochelle, but all is under control now.

Contre-Amiral Thouars commited suicide during the shameful rout from New London, and that was followed with a mutiny. The vivid scenery around Planet Leeds was the rallying cause for the mutineers, and no doubt they wanted to defect the ship to the Council. The battle inside lasted for about two hours, and the loyalist side, under my command, prevailed. All captured traitors have been executed. The ship has been lightly damaged, without impact to performance, but we are currently functioning with only a quarter of our crew, and need to moor with Issoudun to replenish urgently.

What happens to Leeds does not concern me. If there are any survivors, they will all be guillotined. La Rochelle is awaiting your orders, mon amiral.

RE: To: Amiral de Gaulle Chanteloup; From: RNS La Rochelle - Lanakov - 08-20-2019

MARINE ROYALE GAULOISE
[Image: eS29bZ3.gif]
Nouveau message entrant.
Identifiant : Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Unité : Inconnu, signal corrompu
Destinataire : Louis-Philippe Marat
VISUAL FEED COMPROMISED
Sujet : Introductions.
Inconnu, signal corrompu

The transmission starts on a blank screen. Chanteloup's distorted voice can barely be heard.

Commandant,

I must be brief. Troubling news about Thouars, but it was either that or cardiac arrest. I suppose congratulations are in order ; we're going to need every asset we can get. Do whatever it takes to get yourself and your men to safety, refresh your crew and your ship, then place yourself under the orders of amiral Guillory. You are to assist him in preparing our people's evacuation from this putain de Leeds, and to let no one interfere in that mission. You're right in that the Leeds affair is not your concern, or mine. It's been decided a long time ago and it cannot be reversed now, by anyone. Whether that's a good thing or not, however...

Guillory will know what to do. Listen to him and do everything he says without question. For my part, I fear we may not meet again, commandant. Not for a while, at least.
Good luck. Bring honour to your house.

The transmission cuts abruptly.

RE: To: Amiral de Gaulle Chanteloup; From: RNS La Rochelle - Thunderer - 08-20-2019

Message Class: Audio-Visual

To: Amiral de Gaule Isabelle Montlaville de Chanteloup
Encryption: Clairet

[Image: tumblr_opxaa9PXZp1qblflro5_500.gif]

If you say so.

By the way, if the command is looking to obtain our surveillance footage, I must regretfully inform you that it has been lost to sabotage. Both surveillance operators were part of the mutiny, and they removed all the video and audio evidence that could incriminate them. Not that this did any good to them: they were both summarily executed.

A pleasant day to you, admiral.