Discovery Gaming Community
To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild (/showthread.php?tid=176810)

To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-11-2020

[Image: ZTqmcmr.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
11. février 743 A.G.S.
To: Parisian Assembly
Priority: Normal
Topic: Establishment of Trade Relations

Message Contents:

Bonjour!

My name is Jean Dupont, recently appointed Gallic Regional Coordinator for the Octavarium Mercantile Guild. Guildmaster Bloggs has asked me to introduce ourselves and establish formal contact with the new Gallic government. Since the end of the war, and the loosening of border controls in Gallia, Guild-affiliated merchant captains have been eagerly anticipating the opportunities that Gallia represents in the form of new merchandise and markets. I should begin by explaining who we are and what we do.

The Octavarium Mercantile Guild is a professional association providing for the needs of Natio Octavarium's independent traders. In exchange for modest dues and upholding Guild standards of ship maintenance and crew treatment, we provide access to lucrative trade contracts, discounted docking and repair fees, and access to qualified, guild-certified officers and crew. Guild merchants, though functionally independent, are the equal to any corporate trade ship, and can move merchandise almost anywhere in Gallia and most of Sirius.

Being from Gallia originally, I know, better than anyone, how hard change can be. For centuries, Gallia has been isolated, and your introduction onto the wider stage heralded a decade of violence and war. Given that experience, we understand that trust comes hard, but we feel that, given the opportunity, we can prove to you that Sirius offers more to your people than death and pain. We only ask for the opportunity.

Capitaine Jean Dupont, NO-Dreaded.Skies
Gallic Regional Coordinator, Octavarium Mercantile Guild

Transmission End

RE: To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - Capt. Henry Morgan - 02-27-2020

You have one (1) unread message(s).

RE: To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - Val - 03-01-2020

[Image: I0Bdvua.png]
The Parisian Assembly

Natio Octavarium

Coordinator Jean Dupont,

I am Nathan de Monfort, speaker of the Parisian Assembly and will take care of the negotiations between the Parisian Assembly and Natio Octavarium. I personally apology for the long delay before you get a reply from us. The Parisian Assembly is currently overwhelmed by all the issues that has been to be solved.

Clever from the Natio Octavarium to have chosen a Coordinator with Gallic blood for the negotiations. You can imagine your organization is not the only one that proposed to the Gallic Governement to open new markets. You have provided useful information regarding Natio Octavarium. While we know little of your faction, deputies from the Grand Duchy of Burgundy provided additional datas about Natio Octavarium. Your group apparently participated to the global fights against the former Gallic Kingdom.

However, I am afraid to tell you we don't know enough your current diplomacy yet to take any further decision. Additional datas would be beneficial. On the other hand, you can clearly understand that many other groups are seeking as well to establish new markets within Gallic's space. I am asking you this question on behalf the Parisian Assembly: what can Natio Octavarium offer to Gallia and in what it could be beneficial for the Confédération compared to another group?

We are looking forward in hearing from you.

Nathan de Montfort
Speaker of the Parisian Assembly

RE: To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - Capt. Henry Morgan - 03-13-2020

[Image: ZTqmcmr.png]
Incoming Transmission from Canberra Star City
Tau-44, Natio Octavarium
12. mars 743 A.G.S.
To: Parisian Assembly
Priority: Normal
Topic: Establishment of Trade Relations

Message Contents:

Bonjour!

I'm afraid I'm not qualified to answer questions about Natio Octavarium's diplomacy as diplomatic matters are outside the Mercantile Guild's remit. If you need more than I can provide, I would be happy to loop in someone from the Government. I can, however, answer the other half of your request.

While it is true that markets in Liberty and Bretonia are now open to you, I'm sure you're well aware that not everyone in either nation is comfortable at dealing with a nation they were so recently at war with. By contrast, Natio Octavarium's trade ships are, with the exception of Rheinland and Corsair space, welcomed in ports across Sirius. To that end, we can act as middlemen, allowing your goods to reach customers that they otherwise wouldn't. We may not be able to match some of the larger house corporations for shipping volume, but we more than make up for it in our ability to reach a wide variety of lucrative markets.

I trust this answers your questions?

Capitaine Jean Dupont, NO-Dreaded.Skies
Gallic Regional Coordinator, Octavarium Mercantile Guild

Transmission End

RE: To: Parisian Assembly | From: Octavarium Mercantile Guild - The Gallic Union - 03-15-2020

[Image: I0Bdvua.png]
The Parisian Assembly

Natio Octavarium

Coordinator Jean Dupont,

While it is regrettable you cannot provide a documentation regarding Natio Octavarium diplomacy, we are going to give you your chance.

You hereby can ask a Visa in our Gallic Visa Centre. When you do, your request will be analized again. However we might require the diplomacy of Natio Octavarium. You should then warn a member of your government.

Sincèrement

Nathan de Montfort
Speaker of the Parisian Assembly