Discovery Gaming Community
The Monk and the Donna - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: The Monk and the Donna (/showthread.php?tid=178533)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Monk and the Donna - Dark_Knight - 04-16-2020

Sun awaits at the Freeport 9 docking bay, not many personally visit her at her station. She dresses in her simple Buddhist fashion, orange robes wrapped around her, a simple Tibetan style scarf and of course her unique tattoo on the back of her skull a reminder of who she is and what she can become. She walks on the docking bay with hand-made wooden sandals. Sun ruminates in her mind, a meeting with Enma Loyola. She has heard stories, but never thought she would meet the woman. She twiddles her hands ever so slightly with concern staying out at the incoming ships. She occasionally brushes down her robes in preparation, wanting to look neat and perfect.

RE: The Monk and the Donna - Loyola - 04-18-2020

As per her security personnel advice, Enny have arrived two hours before the official time of her arrival. Omicron Theta is close to Corsair homeworld and arriving here is some degree of risk that has been already taken. Outcast took some time to observe Sun from the side, as monk was preparing herself. For what it's worth, Zoner is taking this meeting quite seriously.

Loyola approached Sun from behind, placing one had on top of monk's shoulder. She would have guessed that it's probably not allowed, but there's no fun in not doing it. Enny herself tried to look as casual as possible, but even those jeans and t-shirt look way to expensive to look casual.

— Señorita Sun, I assume you are looking for me.

Monk could hear a soft and relaxed voice right after a gentle hand was placed on her shoulder. This voice is quite easy to recognize after a few talks they had.

RE: The Monk and the Donna - Dark_Knight - 04-18-2020

Sun stares out at the docking platform and jumps a little at her shoulder being touched, turning around. She sees Loyola, smiling briefly at her antics "Donna Loyola" she comments speaking in a friendly tone "Forgive me I did not see you arrive." she says. Sun notes Loyola's dress, quite the contrast with her simple robes but Sun makes no comment on it. Sun places her hands together and does a customary Buddhist bow "Welcome to my Station, what is mine is yours, within reason of course. We can go to my office where I can make some green tea, visit the many shops or walk around our biodomes. There is also moving on from all that and, taking my Conference gunboat over to Pygar." Sun takes a sharp breath, her tone is always one of friendliness and openness "Whatever you wish to do, I am sure I can provide, within reason" Sun says.

That bow feels a little out of place, but is charming in some weird way. Enny looks around noticing her guards in the crowd around them. Boys ready to act is something bad happens.

— I have already looked around here. Due to security advice I've arrived a little bit earlier and had some free time around here. Don't be offended, I usually do not ignore those, since I hire the professionals. So am... I believe we could depart to Pygar and see what's there. I heard that planet is having a lot of mystery to it.

Sun does a broad smile at Loyola looking around "Ah, well I shall move pass me being a gracious host and lead on to my Gunboat" she gestures to Loyola to follow to her Confenrence gunboat speaking along the way "Pygar is the same as any other planet, we make do in the circumstances we find ourselves in. Long-underground cities fed on artificial sunlight" She says with a smile "There may be mystery there but, with the new docking ring it shall become as normal as any other planet."

Sun makes it towards her Gunboat, she looks at the gunboat then activates the docking ramp, it moves down slow "Weapons have never been used on this boat, I don't intend to ever use them. Some say I am foolish to keeping to my vow of non-violence but I find it has helped me." She says watching the ramp lower itself.

Only now Sun could notice two people following them to the gunboat. Those indeed look like security personnel Enma noticed earlier. And it looks like they are not coming alone. Donna herself would chuckle as Sun spoke about her non-violence approach.

— The gunboat without a gun. Don't you find this to be ironic and in some weird violating the natural order of things?

Enma takes some notes about the planet already, as they got into the gunship and two guards would follow them, not asking for any permissions.

Sun lets out an amused exhale at the comment about the gunboat, looking back at the two guards briefly she doesn't mind them. Sun replies back to Donna "The natural order of things? Is there a place where natural gunboats roam free in nature?" Sun replies back, making a friendly joke. Once Loyola has entered she would find that the inside of the Gunboat has been hand-painted. There are many different paintings inside the gunboat, some of Nomads, some of systems and some of the surface of planets. Sun treats the interior of her ship like a canvas, and judging by the strokes of the paintings she is quite skilled in her art. She walks up to the empty bridge and slumps into her comfortable orange chair starting up the engines.

Enma would take her seat as the guards would check the room, soon leaving them alone. As per usual Outcast crosses her legs in quite a provocative way, not showing any signs of modesty whatsoever.

— Gunboats roaming in nature? Well, we are in one, the question is why do you separate the human mind and things that are designed by it from nature? Like that's one of the problems I have with the majority of doctrines like yours. There's always some attempt to separate human beings from uh... nature and natural flow of things. Is there really a reason to put humanity above or below nature? And on that basis, they impose all limitations. Such is yours of being non-violent. And not having GUNS on the GUNboat.

Loyola spoke casually, as she looked around the interior. It seemed to be quite interesting and cozy here.

Sun puts the ship onto autopilot as she patiently listens to each question,she is a patient person with the Outcast. Sun sits in a very modest way as she answers "In my experience for something to be considered alive it must have a soul, a consciousness but there are times where I have spoken with AI and considered them to have consciousness. I think one of the fantastic things people miss when talking about this subject is who observes this natural order, we are not simply observers to nature. We shape and create it by living in this participatory universe. "

Sun takes a pause speaking with a serene smile "I am not separate from the natural way of things, we coexist with that river and follow it down in our own paths. We are in a continual dance of creation and annihilation of mass changing into energy and energy changing into mass. We are subatomic atoms, transient forms that have as much importance as any other things. That is our universal responsibility as Buddhists"

Sun takes another sharp breath "As for my vow of non-violence the practice of peace and non-violence is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions in my opinion. Through it I develop a healthy mental attitude and a peace of mind. I know we live in a universe of unnecessary pain and unnecessary problems but I shall never be swayed even if I am at the point of death." Sun finishes her speech, she is very calm but assured of her words.

RE: The Monk and the Donna - Loyola - 04-20-2020

That was a little to abstract for Enny's liking, but having some around-theological conversation is not too bad. Of course, that wasn't her field and monk who studied things, in theory, should be doing it better than her.

— I did not quite make a claim that gunboats are alive, but they a product of something that comes as natural. In our case, we concluded that it's the human mind. Some things are made for violence and ignoring that is just weird. If I were to shot you right here, you would attempt to defend yourself, which is the violence. And people always justify violence with self-defense in one way or another. It's not possible to draw the line where it's legit self-defense or not. And if you won't even defend yourself, then I would find it much more weird, but interesting at the same time.