Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - lousal - 10-21-2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - lousal - 10-21-2010

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Shryke - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:but lets be truthful. - a bounty hunter also does not claim nomad samples in the LSF guard system surrounded by LSF players. - why does he not do it, even if the ID and rules tell him he "can"? - cause its the wrong thing to do.

It's the wrong thing to do because messing with Liberty can seriously screw the BHG and the Core in many, many worse ways than screwing with Zoners. You cannon equate the two.

But no, do carry on with the forum drama. It gives me fierce chuckles.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-21-2010

' Wrote:two things
the demand of 74 was received as very poor taste. - as if you re already starting to share the stuff of someone that died 5 minutes ago in his death bed - and now you re discussing who gets what.

it may have been better to really wait for a week or two. ( if the faction had disbanded - chances that the system was claimed again were small, cause OSI and TAZ are settled - and by the new rules, no other zoner faction could have risen up )
about the BHG incident and the nomad samples:
it was perceived as a serious incursion into the privacy of the zoners. - yes, you CAN claim nomads....

but lets be truthful. - a bounty hunter also does not claim nomad samples in the LSF guard system surrounded by LSF players. - why does he not do it, even if the ID and rules tell him he "can"? - cause its the wrong thing to do.

Well, Jinx, you will note how I phrased it in my initial comment...

Quote:In what will probably be considered to be incredibly bad taste ... to paraphrase Kevin Costner from the movie 'Silverado' "the body ain't even cold yet" ... but this was something we'd considered a while back, and being opportunists...

I didn't think that OSI owned a system, and I was simply attempting to put in our bid first. (In a RL thing, my wife's grandmother recently passed away. We jsut had that happen - one of the daughters wanted to know at the funneral how much they were getting from the estate.)

And of course, don't forget that we work with the LSF / LN / LPI in house, and take their money filling bounties. The same situation doesn't quite exist with Zoners.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - mayhem82 - 11-16-2010

Questions from a possible recruit:

I've been playing for a few weeks now and have started to get the hang of things. Considering a few starting factions, and I find the BHG to be interesting, both in RP and in combat. However, the only definite source of information I can find is in the recruitment forum. I just want to clarify a few things.

Quote:You must establish that you followed one of these paths before applying for Guild membership...etc.
Does this actually require me to have an in-game background, or just RP it in the application?

How do you guys receive bounties, exactly?

What ships, weapons etc. are allowed?

Just a few for now. If I could get the ID of someone who I could Skype IM, that would be great too.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Dashiell - 11-18-2010

' Wrote:Questions from a possible recruit:

I've been playing for a few weeks now and have started to get the hang of things. Considering a few starting factions, and I find the BHG to be interesting, both in RP and in combat. However, the only definite source of information I can find is in the recruitment forum. I just want to clarify a few things.
Does this actually require me to have an in-game background, or just RP it in the application?

How do you guys receive bounties, exactly?

What ships, weapons etc. are allowed?

Just a few for now. If I could get the ID of someone who I could Skype IM, that would be great too.

1: no ingame- background needed per se. that remark is rp only. Meaning: Write a bio in which you clarify why you wanna be a hunter and what possible shyte you may have pulled in the past.

2: we receive bounties via several methods. 1 is just checking the bounty board on the forums (under general chat, it's a sub forum in case you missed it) for personal bounties. 2, the most common method, is hunting based on blanket bounties (can also be found on the bounty subforum) 3rd is being hired ingame and 4th is per standing contract the Guild has with several parties (DHC, the Bret gov. etc.)

3: all bhg weapons and ships (no caps for regular hunters) and all civvy stuff. NO unlawful stuff.

4: pm me if you want my skype and Ill be happy to inform you some more.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Xenosaga - 01-21-2011

1 Bottlenose and 1 Orca against one Bastet...not cool. I had "help" from a Nomad LF, but it was just meh. RP was also reduced to a minimum...redundant threats and insults, nothing more. The urge to just do some "pew pew" was obvious. Was killed while writing.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 01-21-2011

Were they official members of the Guild, with regular tags, or were they indies? You really haven't given me enough information to decide whether this is an attempt at constructive feedback or just a whine.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Xenosaga - 01-21-2011

They were official BHG...One Core and one "non-Core". BHG|A-Pericles (Orca) and BHG|Core-Epic (Bottlenose). Also, there was an Indie approaching, flying an Orca...Trying to do RP as he arrived, I was shot down.
My constructive criticism is...
1. Do not bring in 2 Gunboats for 1 VHF (later 1 VHF and 2 LF)
2. Do more RP instead, apart from "*here be insult*, bring your order colleagues, all you can do is run" etc.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Dashiell - 01-21-2011

' Wrote:They were official BHG...One Core and one "non-Core". BHG|A-Pericles (Orca) and BHG|Core-Epic (Bottlenose). Also, there was an Indie approaching, flying an Orca...Trying to do RP as he arrived, I was shot down.
My constructive criticism is...
1. Do not bring in 2 Gunboats for 1 VHF (later 1 VHF and 2 LF)
2. Do more RP instead, apart from "*here be insult*, bring your order colleagues, all you can do is run" etc.

I wasn't there but I know for a fact that the involved gb indeed mentioned a typekill, as I was underway to minor as well and I was in the same group. Typekills are not cool. Still, they are a risk if you re sitting still in firing range. But I agree, not nice. my advice: type whilst flying around, or camp Isis like all other order until you are ready to brawl: then leave its facinity and pwn us.

2nd point: about the numbers. It's minor. Its a freakin mess there. usually 30 Gebs pop up if we are there for 30 seconds. So excuse us if we are at times a tad quick on the trigger, or don't go into depth conversations about the workings of society: it often leaves the BHG player looking at his own ship exploding as said 30 Gebs silently engage you. (hey, if Phantoms and HF can use it as a reason, so can we :P)

As for the rp. see above. Also, is gosh darn hard to rp in Minor with the Hand of God there (Isis), a million NPCS and lolindies who shoot faster than Lucky Luke.