Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 10-01-2009

I got a PM and it might be instructive to post both it and my reply here, just so people know where we stand on the whole ship restriction thing.

Quote:If i was planning on joining the Bounty Hunter Guild/Core Faction, and I have already purchased a Mako Battleship, may i join and use the battleship? I know some Factions restrict people alot.. which makes no sense because the way i see it more the better.. be that as that may I just would like to know thanks.

Generally we don't restrict people.

However, we expect the highest standards of role-play from all our members, especially the ones who fly battleships. Using your ship for frequent raids into Minor or Gamma, chasing after lone fighters in it, hanging around the Freeports taunting enemies and generally behaving like a complete noob in a Mako draws bad publicity for the faction.

We reserve the right to remove people who let us down from the faction, and reclaim their ship. And make sure they never damage the reputation of the Guild.

The fact that an admin is a member of the faction won't save you. If I see you mis-behaving, or not playing to the standards I'd expect, you face stiff penalties from the faction.

Anyway, think about it, read up on the faction and decide.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - BaconSoda - 10-02-2009

I hate to complain, my friends, however, I do have a complaint. Overall, I tend to have great interactions with the BHG|, and I do enjoy meeting with you on my Gateway) so we may have a nice chat, but, I have to say that I was sorely disappointed by my latest encounter.

Yesterday, the VonSnuggles was out and about moving Blood Diamonds and Slaves for the Hessians. Using a Unioner ID, I enjoy the ride betwixt Rheinland and Liberty space. I did find, however, this sight when approaching Niverton:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj139/K...r/screen273.jpg

I was initially approached 2k from the station, and I rather found this off. The pair of Hunters were flying Orcas, and asked me to stop for a cargo scan outside the station. I have no qualms with getting caught smuggling or Roleplaying, and I do enjoy the encounters I have with people who wish to do me harm in RP, but, being so close to the station doesn't prompt very much....

Anyway, thank you for taking a look at this. This isn't the first time I've seen BHG| at Niverton (within 5k), so, this is why I decided to complain. Thank you for your time. ;)

EDIT: Picture didn't work!

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Blackvertigo1 - 10-04-2009

Alright, I see the problem there, Niverton base has the RP status of holding little information on, like pretty much concealed as Buffalo.
I had actually two reasons why I was flying so close, #1. I was hunting ESS, just to keep tabs on their progress, #2, the other BH player was new to Bounty Hunter role play.

I stayed there (3 - 5 k ranges from Niverton) for a mere 1 - 2 minutes before leaving, RP-wise my character thought it was some large weapons platform. Though my thoughts on it is that smugglers most of the time, are very paranoid. So leading wolves to a base also sets a bad example.

I held no interest for the base, I denied that it existed at the time because I was so focused on ESS and other slavers.

Your encounter after all was a low priority at the time. We were in pursuit of other contacts.

I'd consider it as some awkward encounter.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - mwerte - 10-23-2009

*takes a deep breath*

Now that several hours have passed I am in a less combative mood, and now that Athenian has beaten a bit of sense into me, I have some thoughts.

Mr. Miller, I truly didn't intend to bump your ship, my nose sticks out farther then I think it does, and I practice a very 'close-quarters' form of combat. It wasn't intentional. That being said, I don't feel that the few bits of flank rubbing we engaged in effected the battle much, if at all, and certainly didn't justify yelling about it in system chat. /l and /t exist for a reason. Good fight though, those Cerbs hurt...

Righteous Fire...you sir, well, I'm not sure what to say, other then, filling system chat with // is not how we do things around these parts, and neither is cruising to catch up. Just because you think I did something wrong, does not give you justification to break the rules as well.

In general, was it necessary to mobilize 2 battleships and a battlecruiser against 1 cruiser? I know, you can't control the Rheinland Battleship, but...still, as far as I am aware there is no bounty on me so mobilizing a fleet to hunt me down is rather...inconsiderate?

Till next time, RHC-Elbe

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Remember - 10-29-2009

Quote:Righteous Fire...you sir, well, I'm not sure what to say, other then, filling system chat with // is not how we do things around these parts, and neither is cruising to catch up. Just because you think I did something wrong, does not give you justification to break the rules as well.

I deeply am sorry for the ooc chat within the system and will be sure to never act in such a manor again.

As for crusing....

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51251

It appears I will be looking forward to seeing you and "catching" up with you soon. Remember to smile when we meet again.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 12-21-2009

Bump just to remind people that this faction is
a. here
b. active
c. open to communication

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Grimly - 01-20-2010

Well,
I have a little problem with 2 of you.

BHG|Stoat
BHG|Feral

I don't know what did really happen, I just got reports from 3 of my mates, the 3 Black Sails you engaged lately in Omega 7. Respectively named Barbarossa, Espi and Slayer(on the Toro-Bravo)
I see there is a contract here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57275
I've also found the report here : http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=875991

Now the version of both my mates :
They were looking for miners in O7 and at the moment they enter the system, someone cried "PIRATES IN SYSTEM" then you poped up from a trade line and with "low RP" and "no engagement notice" you engaged and killed 2 of them.

No reports will follow, that's not my goal, but I'd like to know if that's true or not. That's still from 3 of my members they skype me with each the same version, the second and third ignoring I heard previously the scene from the first.

I trust Stoat enough to suppose he's not stupid enough to leave very low RP before a fight, but having 3 members PMing me the one after the other, it doesn't smell good.

Grimly.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 01-20-2010

Stoat is indeed not stupid enough to not rp. Nor am I , for 'twas I, Wes "Feral" Cutter what done in your friend with my Bretonian companero. Methinks they only told you half the story, hombre.

We did indeed encounter these banditos pirating Kruger miners in a pirate transport near the IMG base. We did pop up because we had been hunting them. In fact there have been many rumours of worthless Corsairs cleaning up by robbing miners of their shipments of ore and selling it on for ludicrous prices. Ay caramba!

They tried the "ah senor, but there is no bounty against us" thing - and how ridiculous that is, the very idea that I would have to sit and let Corsairs shoot me up before I am allowed to defend los innocentos!

But I digress. We explained the Daumann contract and the Guild Core contract. We told them to stay out of Las Omegas, and they attempted to sneak away. I proceeded to shoot up the transport after Stoat announced that I was to fry them. Such is life in the harsh reaches of Las Omegas!

The bomber walked into Stoat's razor. Ole! The pirate transport escaped, barely, shouting vague and unconvincing insults.

The last of the ships did indeed try to limp away after getting trounced by exploding gas clouds. I told him he was a dead man and killed him. (He then complained in system chat about a lack of an "engagement notice", despite the fact that the rule is clearly that there be roleplay beforehand.)

I did feel bad about finishing him but I'm sure the Corsairs would equally not suffer such a craven worm to live. You should be thanking us!

In fact, both I and Stoat came away from the experience feeling that their amateurish piloting skills were only outdone by their lawyering. I have the screenshots in my folder I'm sure, because bounty-hunting has indeed become such a pain that I find I still have to constantly hit the printscreen button despite two forum contracts and mucho in-game roleplay. I look forward to the inevitable revenge that must come soon from the vile den of iniquity that is Omicron Gamma.

Gracias, amigo!!

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Not Espi - 01-21-2010

' Wrote:Stoat is indeed not stupid enough to not rp. Nor am I , for 'twas I, Wes "Feral" Cutter what done in your friend with my Bretonian companero. Methinks they only told you half the story, hombre.

We did indeed encounter these banditos pirating Kruger miners in a pirate transport near the IMG base. We did pop up because we had been hunting them. In fact there have been many rumours of worthless Corsairs cleaning up by robbing miners of their shipments of ore and selling it on for ludicrous prices. Ay caramba!

They tried the "ah senor, but there is no bounty against us" thing - and how ridiculous that is, the very idea that I would have to sit and let Corsairs shoot me up before I am allowed to defend los innocentos!

But I digress. We explained the Daumann contract and the Guild Core contract. We told them to stay out of Las Omegas, and they attempted to sneak away. I proceeded to shoot up the transport after Stoat announced that I was to fry them. Such is life in the harsh reaches of Las Omegas!

The bomber walked into Stoat's razor. Ole! The pirate transport escaped, barely, shouting vague and unconvincing insults.

The last of the ships did indeed try to limp away after getting trounced by exploding gas clouds. I told him he was a dead man and killed him. (He then complained in system chat about a lack of an "engagement notice", despite the fact that the rule is clearly that there be roleplay beforehand.)

I did feel bad about finishing him but I'm sure the Corsairs would equally not suffer such a craven worm to live. You should be thanking us!

In fact, both I and Stoat came away from the experience feeling that their amateurish piloting skills were only outdone by their lawyering. I have the screenshots in my folder I'm sure, because bounty-hunting has indeed become such a pain that I find I still have to constantly hit the printscreen button despite two forum contracts and mucho in-game roleplay. I look forward to the inevitable revenge that must come soon from the vile den of iniquity that is Omicron Gamma.

Gracias, amigo!!

just to let you know .. i didnt plan on reporting it, in all fairness, it was rp-ed and all that, next time a more clear engagement notice, perhaps? it wasnt clear to me if you are just getting ready or attacking. i only found out when slayer requested help in group chat.

reason why i messaged grimly was because of this:
BHG|Stoat: Remember Sails. I know you all of old. This is not your ground any more

this was sent in omega 5 - a corsair / hessian system. i wanted grimly to forward a proposal to increase patrols at cadiz based on this message. that is all.

espi

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 01-21-2010

' Wrote:just to let you know .. i didnt plan on reporting it, in all fairness, it was rp-ed and all that, next time a more clear engagement notice, perhaps? it wasnt clear to me if you are just getting ready or attacking. i only found out when slayer requested help in group chat.

reason why i messaged grimly was because of this:
BHG|Stoat: Remember Sails. I know you all of old. This is not your ground any more

this was sent in omega 5 - a corsair / hessian system. i wanted grimly to forward a proposal to increase patrols at cadiz based on this message. that is all.
espi

"Stay out of the Omegas."
"This is not your ground any more."
"Then you are a dead man."
"Fry them, Feral."
"Chew on this."

All of these (each which I believe formed part of our side of the dialogue) are roleplay and as clear could be as, ugh, engagement notices. I have often contemplated kicking anyone who utters the e word out of our faction. Why sacrifice role-play for a rule technicality that doesn't actually exist?

We look forward to your increased patrols, so long as there is less of this silly ooc advice about the rules. It kills immersion in the game.

Excuse me while I scratch my itchy-trigger finger.
The minute I see a red contact on my scanner I am ready to shoot. Such are the ways I have learned in the cruel proving grounds which are [color=#66FFFF]
Las Omegas!

More seriously, thank you both for the feedback.