Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=17934)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 03-05-2010

As our feedback thread has been polluted by your insistent and silly whinging and rule-lawyering, I am having it locked. Possibly forever.

The day I see someone have rules thrown at them by unimaginative dimwits and sore losers like this is the day I'll eat my hat.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Athenian - 05-12-2010

Re-opened by popular demand.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Wood - 10-13-2010

I feel it best to post this again, here. The other thread quickly got filled with back-and-forth arguing, and I would greatly appreciate hearing answers to these questions. Thanks.

Good evening. If you could clear up a couple of my concerns for me, that would be just lovely.

From the post by Dashiell that wrote, and that you refered to already:

Quote:The agents of the Core are not ex cons, riff raff or general lowlifes. As the Core is a PMC, its agents are well trained proffesionals. What's more, they are kinda hell bent on completing their task and can be called fanatics. Agents see their job as a crusade. They can be compared to templars and zealots. People say they are religious nutcases. in some sense, they are. Only their cause is not of a religious nature. But that doesn't stop Agents to chase their goal with scary dedication, often reffering to the peple who get in their way as lesser humans.
Judging by your recent RP transmissions, it seems this stance has been reversed. When did this RP change occur, and what are the reasons behind it? Also, if you could clarify which deity you are refering to in those transmissions, that would help clear us some confusion on my part.

Secondly, it seems quite clear that you wish the Core to be seperated from the Bounty Hunters Guild, with greatly different goals, methods, ideals and diplomacy. My question is, why there has been little progress with regards to the seperation?

The leader of the Bounty Hunters Guild is the same as the leader of the Core, you fly under the same colours and use the same tags, you fly Bounty Hunter produced ships utilising Bounty Hunter produced weapons, you retain the Name of Bounty Hunters Guild Core, BHG|Core, even though it is greatly detrimental to the diplomatic relations of the Bounty Hunters Guild. Though you repeatedly insist that the two organisations are seperate, and should be treated as such, you are currently the same faction.

Thirdly, as we all know, information on the Wiki cannot be used as inRP knowledge. And according to the current moderator stance, to be able to roleplay as a spy in another faction, you must first have that faction's knowlede and concent. So, inRP, what information do you have about the dealings between the ZTC and the Order, and how did you aqquire this information?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-13-2010

Lost it to the rollback...

Two reasons for this post:

First, so a moderator / admin can change the ownership of the thread from Ath to me. (Forgot to do so.)

Second, this thread has been silent since May. We've certainly had both in-game and forum RP since May that people have had issue with. Why have those issues been splashed across the forums, instead of simply putting them here?

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Wood - 10-13-2010

So, could I possibly get some answers please? Thanks.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-14-2010

If the forums stay up long enough for me to post this... :P

' Wrote:So, could I possibly get some answers please? Thanks.

Gotta love the rollback and cached copies. Didn't even see your post until this morning. So...

Quote:Judging by your recent RP transmissions, it seems this stance has been reversed. When did this RP change occur, and what are the reasons behind it? Also, if you could clarify which deity you are refering to in those transmissions, that would help clear us some confusion on my part.

No, that's actually internally consistent. We act like religious fanatics, and some of our more zealous pilots have used the term "Holy Mission" in the same tone as if we were Templars. In other words, they feel the same thrill, excitement, and general internal feelings. Similar to someone saying that meeting a great person might be almost a religious experience to them, that's how our people feel.

Quote:Secondly, it seems quite clear that you wish the Core to be seperated from the Bounty Hunters Guild, with greatly different goals, methods, ideals and diplomacy. My question is, why there has been little progress with regards to the seperation?

Our two groups are internally consistent, though. We are seperate in that we do some things differently. We're NOT seperate in that the Core is the 'secret' organization operating within the broader spectrum that is the Guild. So both groups have the same 'board of directors', and if you looked at the manning and personnel charts, there would be two lines running down to split into trees, not just one. Also, certain members of the heirarchy in both groups are the same. Someone may have one rank in the Guild, while a different rank in the Core. We also have the Guild as our own, built-in recruitment center. The best members of the Guild can ascend into the ranks of the Core if they prove themselves worthy enough.

By putting an assortment of mysticism and quasi-religious rankings and such into things, we've turned what would normally be a cut and dry kind of job into something different. Let's face it - without it, we'd be just some regular mercenaries. Instead, we're almost like a Yakuza type group that also has a public face.

Quote:So, inRP, what information do you have about the dealings between the ZTC and the Order, and how did you aqquire this information?

If you're referring to our stance regarding the docking and such, that's come from role-playing in game for more than the last year. We've had instances where Order ships sit outside of a Freeport, shoot up the npc hunters attacking them, and the Zoner sitting there says nothing to them. Then our ships sitting there that were RP'ing get attacked by the Corsair npc's, we do the same thing that the Order did, and get told that we're violating the NFZ and to leave or we'll get shot. Then when we protest, we're told that they enforce the rules equally - even though we just witnessed them not.

As far as other things, we've had the SCRA running around out in Delta now for quite some time, and they've been talking in chat about now being friends with the Order and the Zoners. One thing to keep in mind as well is that we sort of consider the now-defunct ZA, the ZTC, and all of the Zoners to be one, even though you don't consider yourselves that way. Sort of lumping Zoners into Eastern and Western groups - the Baffin / Omega 49 clan, and the Omicron people. So can I just point to a specific screenshot and say, here's where Monty Burns said they're allied with the Order? No. Do I have multiple in game transmissions between other pilots talking about working their working together - not just one isolated slip of the tongue (or keyboard) - then yes.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - DarthBindo - 10-15-2010

A quick Question....
What in the name of the Admins are you thinking, asking Daumann to run supplies into delta?
Are you *trying* to get them blown up?
Although........Corsair factions dont really spend a lot of time in home systems..
Still.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Jinx - 10-15-2010

just a quick one...

"first of all, we are not using any sort of RP to act like dicks or being asshats, the Core is meant to be a very domineering force towards everyone, arrogant and self-righteous, this means that whether you like it or not, the whole idea of the Core is contrary to any sort of kind 'neutrality', we are not in the habit of being nice to anyone (this has even brought us into conflict with the LN). Secondly, the Core are NOT Bounty Hunters, we ARE a part of the Guild, but we do NOT EVER hunt Bounties, we are a private army, so I suggest you read up on the faction before jumping to conclusions." ( Montezuma )

that is a quote taken from the recent time - i don t have to highlight the important parts cause he did it himself.

Zoner ships operating in the Omicrons

This bounty is valid for BHG Core ID'd ships ONLY!
Capital ships MAY collect this bounty.
This bounty is NOT valid on [TAZ] ships., and currently is NOT valid in Theta.
Any Zoner Transport (only gunboats or smaller may collect) - 2 million credits
Any Zoner fighter (any ship may collect) - 1 million credits
Any Zoner Capital Ship (any ship may collect) - 2 million credits
Any Zoner Juggernaut (any ship may collect) - 4 million credits
All pilots claiming this bounty are to insure that they meet the requirements prior to attempting to claim this bounty.

the formated text above comes from your bounty board. there is a definite discrepancy between what montezuma said - and the bounty posted....

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Agmen of Eladesor - 10-16-2010

Glad you brought that up, Jinx.

First, in discussions with Dusty, we've had to modify our board slightly, not that big of a deal. But the wording itself now is different from what you've posted.

Second, in order to prevent charges of PvP abuse, due to the absurd need for there to have to be a bounty posted upon someone before we can squeeze the trigger, this bounty was posted to comply with server rules. Just as we've also posted a request for the Guard ID to be made red to Zoners - we're complying with the server rules in conducting our operations.

Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback - Jinx - 10-16-2010

don t get me wrong - i never agreed with the bounty board stuff - BHG was much more fun without all the paperwork - the BHG ( not the core ) actually felt alive then.

i was mostly getting on what montezuma said ( which i don t take as an official opinion from the core ) - its just that montezuma got quite upset about the whole thing at the time ... trying to make it 100% clear that the core would NEVER EVER take such lowly things as bounties.

for all i care - the core can declare someone hostile and fight them - bounty or not.

but what the members ( especially the ones that present the factions image to the outside ) say and how they act may need reflect it a bit better. this is "feedback" - not critizism.

mind you - i stopped playing BHG after 2 years - cause the bounty rules became too rediculous to have "fun".