Discovery Gaming Community
FAO: Claire DeFrance - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: FAO: Claire DeFrance (/showthread.php?tid=182261)

FAO: Claire DeFrance - Omi - 07-29-2020

Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha
July 28, 827 AS

[Image: 41AGE9N.png?1]

Sender: Charlotte Caroline DeFrance d'Orléans, location not defined (mobile communicator address LOYOLA, E.)
Recipient: Claire Sophie DeFrance d'Orléans, location not defined (neural net address pattern matched)
Topic: undefined

CONTENT MISMATCH -- AUDIO ONLY
TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING:

Quote:[The audio quality is surprisingly clear, in spite of the errors thrown by the transmission software. There is no video feed.]

Dearest sister--

[There is a brief pause.]

This is my third time trying to record this message, and still I am not sure what exactly to say or how best to say it. All I can say for certain, first and foremost, is that-- is that I'm glad to be able to contact you at all. Or try to contact you, at the very least. A live link would be better, but as far as I am aware that luxury isn't one afforded to us in the current state of affairs.

We have a lot to talk about, but I'm going to endeavour to answer your most burning questions first and foremost. I am still alive, as you can hear; Dona Loyola has-- seen to that. I've been well-treated these past three years, too -- better-treated than could have been expected.

[Another pause, this time shorter.]

Loyola has also told me a little about your current undertakings; the mutiny aboard the Belisama and your efforts to recover her, as well as the aid she provided you in that respect. I'm calling you from her communicator as well-- my own is long gone, I'm afraid. The line may not be entirely secure, as well, so please bear that in mind.

What-- the main thing, rather, I should say, is that I need at least an acknowledgement from you to confirm that you've heard this--

[Charlotte's voice trails off briefly, interrupted by a soft sigh.]

--the main thing we need, at least, is that, as well as the specific neural net ID of whatever vessel terminal you're currently using so we can establish a secure line. On top of that-- Loyola and I will be coming after you shortly after the send date on this transmission. By that, I mean that the Dona and I are leaving Malta and moving to link up with your last known co-ordinates, in the hopes that you'll be able to update us with a more specific location while we're still in transit.

[There is one last, final pause, laden with doubt.]

I'm sorry for the trouble this whole affair must have caused you, Claire. Really, I am. I cannot wait to see you again and be free of this sorry chapter in my life.

Au revoir.

[CLICK]

[LOG END]

ATTACHMENTS:

untitled.ssa (1.3MB) (auto-transcript produced)

Transmission Stream Closed

RE: FAO: Claire DeFrance - Ramke - 07-30-2020

29 Juillet, 743 A.G.S.
Tau-37 system
[Image: PnPOy9K.png]

Sender: Duchesse Claire Sophie DeFrance d'Orléans
Recipient: Charlotte Caroline DeFrance d'Orléans
Subject: undefined

[AUDIO PLAYBACK]

Charlotte? Is that really you? I can't believe it.

[From the tone of her voice, it was clear that the speaker was quite emotional. There was a constant background noise of radar systems and operational chatter, indicating her location.]

I know how this sounds, but please don't come here, especially not with any Outcasts. Head to the Hebrides systems, The last remnants of the Crown are there. We're en-route and I pray that I'll meet you in Brittany - the ship isn't in.. good condition, and even this message might garner attention we really can't afford to have.

I'll attach the ID of the ship, you'll be able to establish direct comms later. Please don't use it now - we have radio silence, and I can't let the captain find out about this message.

[Claire's name was called somewhere in the background, at which point she hastens her speech.]

I'll see you soon. I'm sorry.

[END]

Transmission Terminée