Discovery Gaming Community
Hail, New here and finally posting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hail, New here and finally posting (/showthread.php?tid=189091)

Pages: 1 2

Hail, New here and finally posting - The Endless - 07-27-2021

Hey everyone

I'm around for some time now, really love Freelancer, and was so happy when I saw a community still alive that actively plays and still develops the game.
Had an itch for this game every now and then, but only now I thought about finding some mods and boom, found Discovery, Soo....
It's my first time here
I actually started playing last year but I was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I had to learn, and all those rules, RP, Ids, ZOI, and a lot more... i felt like i had to have a graduation or something to play this, and combined with a few bad situations in game, plus RL started to become too busy...
But over the last weeks life got less busy and I came back determined to become part of this community, I don't have much experience in real time RP but I wrote some stories already and have a trilogy of books I'm working on of the Medieval Fantasy genre, so I will do my best, I read some stories and comunications around to get the feeling of commitment people have and I'm really impressed.

I already have my character ingame with a full backstory already "written" inside my head, Will soon post it,
And already working on other characters too.

You can find me online mostly as Freelancer Matthew Korben, Captain of the "Endless" CTE-12400 Condor Gunboat.

Also, I'm from Brazil, so my timezone is -3 GMT, about the same as U.S.A. Hail to any other brazillians around, if any.

I'm Looking forward to play with you all.

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - Xenon - 07-27-2021

Welcome mate, Add me on discord and I will hook you up with groups of players who enjoy helping new mates Smile
My discord account is Xenon#8008 Smile cheers

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - Firewolfy - 07-27-2021

Welcome back and have fun out there !

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - Oleg Knyazev - 07-27-2021

Welcome to our community!!!

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - wodalin - 07-27-2021

(07-27-2021, 02:52 AM)The Endless Wrote: Hey everyone

[] actually started playing last year but I was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I had to learn, and all those rules, RP, Ids, ZOI, and a lot more... i felt like i had to have a graduation or something to play this, and combined with a few bad situations in game,
[]

Actually you don't have to know anything, except the server rules and your ID lines.
If you play some hillbilly or even someone who lost his memory, you don't have to
know anything in role play.
In fact most experienced people will be grateful to tell you about their character and
its porpuse and role play things.

regards

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - ronillon - 07-28-2021

Welcome, hope you like it around here.

It is nice to hear you are taking the roleplay seriously, but there is no reason to stress about it.
As said, if you are playing a freelancer mercenarry or something like that, you do not really need to know that much background.
Start small, look around, get the feel of the place and work up to something. But first of all have fun.

Medieval Fantasy trilogy sounds great, would love to read something if you feel like sharing.

If you need help with anything or have questions there is a bunch of ppl on our discord willing to help.
If you need more technical&gameplay stuff feel free to PM me here or on discord.

Sadly stupid ppl can be found everywhere, but bad situations can be usually dealth with somehow.
That is what helpers, moderators and admins are for.

Again, hope you enjoy your stay here.
Cheers

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - The Endless - 08-02-2021

Hey all, thanks for the reception and the helpful tips

(07-28-2021, 09:18 PM)ronillon Wrote: Medieval Fantasy trilogy sounds great, would love to read something if you feel like sharing.

Would do but it's mostly in portuguese and an invented language i didn't polished enough to make much sense yet.

See you guys in space!

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - Czechmate - 08-02-2021

Looking forward to reading your stuff in stories and biographies!

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - Hemlocke - 08-02-2021

Always good to see new blood. My advice would be to do your own thing, just be vibin'. Don't get too twisted up in player narratives.

RE: Hail, New here and finally posting - ronillon - 08-09-2021

(08-02-2021, 04:04 PM)The Endless Wrote: Hey all, thanks for the reception and the helpful tips

(07-28-2021, 09:18 PM)ronillon Wrote: Medieval Fantasy trilogy sounds great, would love to read something if you feel like sharing.

Would do but it's mostly in portuguese and an invented language i didn't polished enough to make much sense yet.

See you guys in space!

Ahh, unfortunately I can't speak either of those. Good luck with that anyway.

See you in space!