Discovery Gaming Community
Announcing: Trade Deals - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Announcing: Trade Deals (/showthread.php?tid=197589)

Pages: 1 2 3

Announcing: Trade Deals - Zentor - 06-20-2023

We are going to test out a new system aimed at:
  • Giving additional gameplay to commodities that haven't felt the sweet caress of a cargo hold since Ores became a thing
  • Incentivizing Official Factions a bit more
  • Encouraging players to explore lesser played factions
  • Give an additional sense of "control" for factions representing sovereign states/nations/territories
  • Encourage roleplay in the commerce side of things

This will come in the form of Trade Deals. Players belonging to official factions may RP lobby another official faction that represents a sovereign area of space (think Bretonia, Crayter, the Coalition, Auxesia, etc) for a negotiated deal for a specified commodity (non-ores) at a better than average rate.

This might be RP in the form of a reward for work done for the sovereign group, might be in order to gain better "access" to markets or certain products, or simply that there isn't enough Liberty Ale on Minato Harbor (kidding).

Whatever the case is, the RP will need to occur, multi-part, between the groups and specify in it the commodity in question.

This commodity will need to be "native" or at least commonly abundant, in the sovereign faction's territory, representing they have substantial control over that market.

Once completed, a Dev Request prefaced with [Trade Deal] can be submitted for review that includes links to all the relevant RP, ingame dealings, and other relevant material to push your case, and if approved will result in a bonus for the participant faction being set up through the Event plugin. These will last no more than 30 days for the time being.

So, requirements in a nutshell:
  1. Both factions are Official
  2. Specified commodity cannot be an ore
  3. Decent roleplay be worked and submitted with the Request
  4. Commodity is "native" or commonly abundant in the sovereign factions home territory

Loose Examples:

Gateway Shipping wants better access to Liberty markets for commercial reasons, they do some work for the Liberty Navy for some time, RP works out, and are granted a sweet bonus for hauling Liberty Ale to say, Planet New London from Planet Manhattan.

or

OS&C wants a better deal on keeping their ships fuelled and does some work for the Gas Miners Guild for a negotiated deal on H-Fuel, hauled to Planet Curacao.

or

SLRC needs vast amounts of Plutonium for "research" and consults with KNF to lock in a better rate

This is a prototype system, so please be patient and offer any feedback to me through Discord (lordzentor) or here on the forums.

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Stoner_Steve - 06-20-2023

Question

Do we need to use the closest same IFF'ed station for deliveries? Taking SLRC as an example, could they use Java as a sell point or would they need to use the closest Zoner station? Or would RP with Java to also include them as the sell point be required?

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Shimamori - 06-20-2023

Regarding the incentivisation to the OFs. It is obvious that the system, if working and updated promptly, will benefit the trading factions. What is the incentive to the OFs representing the states? Trade deal RP is not the most popular/exciting after all, especially when benefiting one side only. I mean, something else than a one time payment for a licence or something.

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Kauket - 06-20-2023

I hope this affects indie IDs too with the OFL requesting it? What's also the increase buff? Is it set to similar rates of ore?

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - TheSauron - 06-20-2023

How is the system going to encourage people to try unpopular factions if both sides need an official player faction to qualify?

Which factions are considered in control of sovereign territory?

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Couden - 06-20-2023

So, Zentor, You're back to eco deving?

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - BobMacaroni - 06-20-2023

I find it a really good idea to incentivize OFs, and make trading more interesting, and basically just adding more gameplay and discovery to well, discoveries. (if im correct thats what is being done?), although, little confused if the bonuses are more trade related or perk related, or both?

Also, what would start players and OFs in the direction of more contract based work than Ore trading? I know incentives and all that, but there would be mostly forum work if I'm correct, rather than ingame

besides that though, I do think it is a really good idea to just make trading more intertwined with the rest of the game, and giving activity to all factions involved

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Stewgar - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 02:31 PM)Shimamori Wrote: It is obvious that the system, if working and updated promptly, will benefit the trading factions. What is the incentive to the OFs representing the states?

To this point, how in depth does this system plan to become? Could BAF create a deal with RGS to purchase Albative Armor to boost armor ratings of all BAF tagged ships? BAF could perform the RP but Gateway would be the ones to procure the commodity. Could this be something that still involves commerce factions but benefits combat or other factions representing the state?

I'm tempted to not look through comments and responses too much as to make an awesome topic on the POBcast Big Grin https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=197502&pid=2294722#pid2294722

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Zentor - 06-20-2023

Lots of great questions here, lets see if we can find answers:
(06-20-2023, 01:33 PM)Stoner_Steve Wrote: Question

Do we need to use the closest same IFF'ed station for deliveries? Taking SLRC as an example, could they use Java as a sell point or would they need to use the closest Zoner station? Or would RP with Java to also include them as the sell point be required?

No, the closest IFF station for "selling to" point is not necessary. In fact to destination location of the run is completely open to creative interpretation, within reason, so long as it comes from the "sovereign" space. Just has to jive with the RP.

(06-20-2023, 02:31 PM)Shimamori Wrote: Regarding the incentivisation to the OFs. It is obvious that the system, if working and updated promptly, will benefit the trading factions. What is the incentive to the OFs representing the states? Trade deal RP is not the most popular/exciting after all, especially when benefiting one side only. I mean, something else than a one time payment for a licence or something.

So, this isn't an obvious one to answer. Its designed to give more of a measure of "sway" in your own playground, firstly. Like your work in influencing your pixel kingdom has some tangible impact on at least the commercial side. Next, it will theoretically, give additional incentive to long your area, protect the convoys, do the interactions, etc. Beyond this, it is open to creative interpretation on how you can find additional benefit with the group that seeks your trade deal.

(06-20-2023, 02:37 PM)Kauket Wrote: I hope this affects indie IDs too with the OFL requesting it? What's also the increase buff? Is it set to similar rates of ore?

Hmmm, good point. I think this is certainly worth considering on a case by case situation for the now. The sponsoring OF who got the deal could extend this to their indies as I see it, but perhaps more discussion should be had on this matter. The rates would be intended to be competitive, or nearly competitive to ores.

(06-20-2023, 02:49 PM)TheSauron Wrote: How is the system going to encourage people to try unpopular factions if both sides need an official player faction to qualify?

Which factions are considered in control of sovereign territory?

This does seem slightly oxymoronic, doesn't it? Yeah, so the idea was to give a bone to OF's, but perhaps this can be looked further into. The second part of the questions:
Factions that exert protective control, or are the known defenders of that part space.
i.e. Corsairs, and the other major pirate factions that have carved out their own space, Navies, police, 1-nation factions (CR, Aux, Coalition, GMG)

(06-20-2023, 03:49 PM)Couden Wrote: So, Zentor, You're back to eco deving?
Ummm, I'm technically in Events and assisting with Coding, but where that crosses over the line, like this case, where the Event plugin can be used, I dabble.

(06-20-2023, 04:14 PM)BobMacaroni Wrote: I find it a really good idea to incentivize OFs, and make trading more interesting, and basically just adding more gameplay and discovery to well, discoveries. (if im correct thats what is being done?), although, little confused if the bonuses are more trade related or perk related, or both?

Also, what would start players and OFs in the direction of more contract based work than Ore trading? I know incentives and all that, but there would be mostly forum work if I'm correct, rather than ingame

besides that though, I do think it is a really good idea to just make trading more intertwined with the rest of the game, and giving activity to all factions involved

First part, yeah both, I don't exert any influence over faction perks. forum work would really only be necessary for the creation phase, not so much fore maintaining.

(06-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Racerdude Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 02:31 PM)Shimamori Wrote: It is obvious that the system, if working and updated promptly, will benefit the trading factions. What is the incentive to the OFs representing the states?

To this point, how in depth does this system plan to become? Could BAF create a deal with RGS to purchase Albative Armor to boost armor ratings of all BAF tagged ships? BAF could perform the RP but Gateway would be the ones to procure the commodity. Could this be something that still involves commerce factions but benefits combat or other factions representing the state?

I'm tempted to not look through comments and responses too much as to make an awesome topic on the POBcast Big Grin https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=197502&pid=2294722#pid2294722

Hmmmm, I'd say fornow, this will be left open to creative interpretation. Anyone with this approach in mind, dm me for now and lets discuss it.

Also, nice shameless plug! lol

RE: Announcing: Trade Deals - Valdorel - 06-20-2023

Sounds fun. More ways to connect inter-OF roleplay to ingame activity is awesome. Nice to see that Zentor is back in some capacity as well.