Discovery Gaming Community
To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen (/showthread.php?tid=199770)

To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen - Akhetaten - 10-22-2023

[Image: 2fPRnt6.png]

[Image: Q0Nk9FG.png]
Incoming Transmission
Origin: LNW-NID-A-0

Login ID: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen, FO
Recipient ID: Detroit Munitions Board
Subject: Weapon fabrication

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

RE: To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen - Petitioner - 10-22-2023

Message from: Shaun Carbo, Director of Production, Detroit Munitions
Encryption: 384-bit Ageira WFF – EFFECTIVELY UNBREAKABLE
To: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen, Forty-Sixth Fleet, Liberty Navy

Good evening, Vice Admiral Uhmen.

My name is Shaun Carbo, Director of Production at Detroit; it's an honor and a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Normally, this would fall under Director Magnusson's portfolio, but given present circumstances regarding the preliminary work for the Gunpowder Falls facility—the modular installation that CEO Rose spoke with you about several years prior—the Board has assigned the handling of this matter to myself, at least for the moment.

While I'm not overly familiar with particle pulse accelerators myself, I do believe that one of our junior materials scientists is currently working on a prototype for a miniaturized PPA for use on space superiority fighters. The launch of our JR-2 "Peacekeeper" missile technology approximately two years ago was a watershed moment for the Company, and given its astounding success, I'm confident that project will materialize swiftly as well. I believe Director Stafford, with our Security Division, has even reported seeing the JR-2 in use with the Forty-Sixth's own pilots.

Anyway, the project should be fairly simple. However many full-sized PPA cannons you require for the A-0, I would request the same number of prototypes be delivered to our primary facility off Manhattan. Simply ask for Research and Development's subquartermaster, and our employees will handle the rest efficiently and professionally; the Divisions' engineers will see the fine-tuning of your prototypes into fully functional turrets configured for standard battlecruiser mounts as quickly as possible.

In the interests of preserving operational security for the new Navy battlecruiser prototype, and maintaining the internal security arrangements the Navy surely has in place, we will request as little information about the A-0's internal systems as possible. However, a comprehensive analysis of possible points of failure in the prototypes without information regarding the practical engineered environment the PPACs will be operating in—essentially, basic information about the A-0's weapons subsystem's power draw and fire control systems—is simply not possible. Current modulation and target feed integration is an incredibly complex subfield of combat engineering, and is an area of expertise unto itself, with numerous critical errors in production possible within this arena. As such, I would request the relevant specifications to be delivered alongside the prototype models, though our analysts can likely work around minor redactions of sensitive subsystem specs.

As a symbol of goodwill, and a display of the Company's eagerness to collaborate with the Forty-Sixth on such endeavors, this entire transaction will be conducted entirely free of charge, as permitted by §36-B's "Definition of Bribery" clause within Amendment 207 of the Graft Act of 630 AS and §6-C of the Stieglitz-Powell Act of 732 AS.

Please let me know of any objections to, or obstacles concerning, the above. The Company looks forward to working with you and the Forty-Sixth; thank you for choosing Detroit Munitions.

Shaun Carbo, Director of Production, Detroit Munitions

RE: To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen - Akhetaten - 10-22-2023

[Image: 2fPRnt6.png]

[Image: Q0Nk9FG.png]
Incoming Transmission
Origin: LNW-NID-A-0

Login ID: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen, FO
Recipient ID: Detroit Munitions Board
Subject: Weapon fabrication

< Access Granted >
< Access Granted >

RE: To: Detroit Munitions Board | From: VADM Uhmen - Petitioner - 10-23-2023

Message from: Steve Harlan, Undersecretary of Production, Detroit Munitions
Encryption: 384-bit Ageira WFF – EFFECTIVELY UNBREAKABLE
To: Vice Admiral Maria Uhmen, Forty-Sixth Fleet, Liberty Navy

Good evening, Vice Admiral Uhmen.

I am Steve Harlan, Director Carbo's undersecretary. Director Carbo has asked me to handle this matter personally, and to oversee the smooth integration of your team—headed by Commander Stone—with our own, headed by our own Doctor Filandro Vasquez, the aforementioned junior materials scientist. It's an honor to be working with the Forty-Sixth. I'm pleased to inform you that Dr. Vasquez's group has already received the prototypes from Detroit's subquartermaster and liaised with Cmdr. Stone's team, and the combined group is undertaking preliminary analyses as I speak. The present estimate is that your fully completed PPAC models will be ready within the week, though of course that's only a PhD-level educated guess.

Dr. Vasquez has also asked me to relay his pleasure with the professionalism of Cmdr. Stone's team, and his particular appreciation for the swift insights provided by Lieutenant Glass into the A-0's fire control best-guess mean-integration algorithms, which has provided an immediate path of investigation as regards previous failures of the prototypes. The details of the ongoing project beyond that are best left to the technically-minded, which does not include myself, so for brevity's sake I'll inform you that Cmdr. Stone and Lt. Cmdr. Knight will, upon return to your facilities post success, present said report to your own personnel.

I will relay any further updates to you via this channel, though I suspect there will be little to keep you appraised of until the project reaches its conclusion. Thank you for your time, and once again, thank you for choosing Detroit Munitions.

Steve Harlan, Undersecretary of Production, Detroit Munitions