Discovery Gaming Community
Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment (/showthread.php?tid=200871)

Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - Gaians) - 12-01-2023

[Image: gaians.png]

Welcome in the recruitment thread

So you want to join The Gaians) Movement and serve for the Future and Nature? You're in the right place.
By sending this form you agree to obey Holy Mother Gaia and serve Her as well as defend with your life.

RE: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - The_Freshiest_Fish - 02-24-2024

(12-01-2023, 12:40 AM)Gaians) Wrote:

Welcome in the recruitment thread

So you want to join The Gaians) Movement and serve for the Future and Nature? You're in the right place.
By sending this form you agree to obey Holy Mother Gaia and serve Her as well as defend with your life.

RE: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - The_Freshiest_Fish - 02-24-2024

Iris Erikson

Date of Birth: 07.07.810 AS
Place of Birth: Planet Los Angeles, California

Biography:
Iris was born on Planet Los Angeles and grew up to love the nature she was surrounded by, and so began her love for environmentalism. Outraged by the pollution on already polluted worlds like Leeds, Iris began to sympathize with the Gaian cause, as Planetform sought to terraform new worlds instead of fixing the problems of the current systems.

Out-of-roleplay information

How long have you been playing Discovery?
Less than 24 hours
Have you ever been sanctioned?
No
Your Discord name:
Dweean#7260

RE: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - Gaians) - 02-24-2024

Iris Erikson, we fully understand your love of Nature and assure you that you will find your way well into the ranks of the Gaians movement. You are accepted and received the rank of Pilot.

RE: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - DeltaDude - 02-26-2024

George "Owl" Wilson

Date of Birth: 12.09.807 AS
Place of Birth: Planet Leeds, Leeds System

Biography:
Born on Planet Leeds to a working-class family, I was exposed to the horrors of industrialization and ecological devastation at a young age. As the "ecosystem" of my home planet varied little from the mold and cockroaches found across Sirius' ecumenopolises, I took a particular interest in studying biology and ecology. In my early twenties, I received a scholarship from the Green Front to study Xenozoology at Cambridge University. There, like many other prospective Gaians, I received an informal education regarding the threats that Planetform and other industrialists pose to the edge worlds alongside my regular curriculum.

One might say I was radicalized; I call it enlightened.

My first true run-in with the Gaians occurred during my participation in a Green Front-assisted operation to liberate a small number of rare and endangered wildlife specimens being exploited by pharmacology students. Before they were inevitably submitted to slow and tortured deaths at the hands of careless researchers, my colleagues and I were able to free the animals with the aid of an engineering department that kindly let us borrow a stripped-down Waran spacecraft for this purpose — one that I was coincidentally tasked with piloting. Despite being a tight fit in the hold, there was just enough room in the hold to ferry them over to a Gaian freighter docked nearby at Torshavn Space Port. As I was told by the freighter captain, the animals were promptly relocated back to their native environments.

Knowing that it would be unlikely for me to continue my education without exposing the Green Front's important work, I spent the rest of my scholarship on refitting the bomber chassis into a proper fighting vessel. Since then, under the call sign "Owl," a nickname I was given due to my "AWOL" absence from Cambridge, I have been involved in several other Gaian operations ranging from eco-piracy to hit-and-run attacks against Planetform and OS&C shipping.

Although I'm still admittedly coming to grips with spaceflight, I believe it is well past time that I formalize my role in the greater Gaian movement.

Out-of-roleplay information

How long have you been playing Discovery?
On and off since 2013-ish
Have you ever been sanctioned?
Nope!
Your Discord name:
"bigdrimbo" / DeltaDude#6351

RE: Gaians) - The Gaians Recruitment - Gaians) - 02-26-2024

George "Owl" Wilson, we welcome your history of working with the Green Front and the Gaians, and your willingness to act in defence of Nature and determination. We understand that as a former Xenozoology student you are not a trained pilot, but we will do our best to ensure that you acclimatise well to the ranks of the Gaians movement. You are accepted and received the rank of Pilot.