Discovery Gaming Community
Sentinel Public Relations Office - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Sentinel Public Relations Office (/showthread.php?tid=20577)

Pages: 1 2

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Fletcher - 05-16-2009

Be advised this character bio is now out of date and deemed void.
Yours sincerely, Fletcher.
4th March 2012

Sentinel Public Relations Office

[Image: LiamriordanbertpolicepatchAI.png]

Good news everyone!

I've finally talked those jackasses in the Senate to let me open up the Sentinel Public Relations Office. This communication board is for anyone to submit their thoughts on the Sentinels, give us suggestions or causes for concern.

It is hoped that this public forum will help us to think even more outside of the box, and put your worries to rest regarding our experimental AI craft.

We will be continuing to expand, and I will be personally flying in space to talk to you in person sometime soon! But since I'm already in my pajamas, I'll have to postpone that.

One item we are discussing is coming up with a Sentinel branch patch or logo for our department, the technicians are fed up with the bland LPI logo on the doors.

Back on topic, submit whatever you feel needs to be submitted regarding the Sentinels here, and I'll get back to you.

Here is out current ship line roster:
  • Sentinel 100 series - Liberator class ships
  • Sentinel 200 series - 'Anvil' Gunboat class ships (limited)
  • Sentinel 300 series - Upholder class ships
Remember our motto - "We can hot wire anything into anything!".

Sentinel Public Relations Office - hack - 05-17-2009

If ya want, I can make some changes to that shoulder patch I made for the LPI

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Fletcher - 05-17-2009

' Wrote:If ya want, I can make some changes to that shoulder patch I made for the LPI
Why this would be most excellent! We were thinking of hiring some monkeys and putting them into the angry dome to get some creativity out of them.

Need I mention criteria? And what would be payment?

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Corsair - 05-17-2009

***Hacked Transmission Warning!***
**Tracking Source: Unidentifiable**

Are we in yet? Ah, good. Hello, "Sentinels". This is "Ravana". I recently took an expedition into New York, and rather enjoyed talking with you... Until I ran into a rogue patch of antimatter and was crippled explosively. Now, what I think about you-

**Anti-infiltration programs successful**

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Fletcher - 05-17-2009

Muttering in the background

What do you mean the firewall needs replacing? I thought I told you to not replace the one I put in! Its infallible!!

But Professor, someone breached the security earlier!

Huwhat! Fiends! Just wait until I get my super atomic mon-- wait... is this thing on? Oh my...

To those attempting to break into our facilities and whatnot, please refrain from doing so. As this, let me see here... Ravana found out. Antimatter is a very destructive material. Capable of more damage than a mere bullet.

Now begone with you fiends!

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Fletcher - 05-19-2009

Good News everyone! The Sentinel 301 is almost fully kitted out and ready for official services to the Liberty House. We just got to get past the bureaucracy again.

We had two live combat tests today with dismal results. Seems our own Battleships need to get their sensors fixed, since while the Sentinel was taking on a Hacker unit with its primary weapons offline, a local Battleship fired its guns and in the crossfire hit the Sentinel with its shields down with its main guns. This ended up with the shield core cracking, forcing an emergency landing on Los Angeles.

The next fight if you can call it that took place near the Missouri, a local Rogue gunboat managed to hit the Sentinel's Nova torpedo as it launched, causing a localized deadly explosion. This has lead us to procure a Mk VIII armor expansion, as well as a new thruster system to compensate.

The 301 will do the damage, but it needs to learn. If there are any LPI or Navy bomber pilots out there, may you spare some time to give the Sentinel 301 experience so that its adaptive learning systems can gain experience?

For every 300 ship trained, is copied over to the next!

This is Farnsworth signing off.

We can hot wire anything into anything!

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Boss - 05-19-2009

I was unable to get ahold of you via S.K.Y.P.E. protocols, but I have some time to spare. I can be in Connecticut within five minutes.

-SWAT agent Jeff Markey

Sentinel Public Relations Office - hack - 05-19-2009

For fellow LPI offic.....uh......officers, I will do it for free.....

The shoulder patch that is.........

Sentinel Public Relations Office - Fletcher - 06-11-2009

Good news everyone!

Today we managed to get a proper gruelling fight for the Sentinel 301 to take part in as a bomber support role, as it was designed to do! Yes, its not an independent bomber I'm afraid. I'd say its best targets of opportunity are enemy gunboats and destroyers, maybe a cruiser if its distracted.

The combat involved the enemy gunboat being engaged by fellow officers and a local battlecruiser. While the fight was one sided, it was a fight nonetheless, and the enemy bomber and gunboat were not going down without trying to take someone with them.

The Sentinel immediately opened fire on the gunboat with its Mini Razors and Nova Torpedoes. The Sentinel by protocol from the bureaucrats, is only allowed to carry 35 torpedoes due to maintenance costs. In all of the 35 shots, only 4 hit.

That's an accuracy of 8.75%, this is atrocious, even if they're heavy hitters. However, it seems the Sentinel 301 has developed a knack for the Mini Razor, about ~80% of its shot hit its target no problems.

Therefore, we have decided that the Sentinel 301 will be equipped with two Mini Razors since the accuracy and reliability of the Nova Torpedo Launcher are simply too low to maintain under the economic strain due to the war between Bretonia and Kusari slowing our trading, and the Rheinland embargo giving us less budget.

In lighter news from the laboratory, we have moved to Illinois! That battleship in the window is a bit of an eyesore, but a powerful one where its turrets can help with my shielding research.

Another new gadget we would like to roll out from our labs, is the Sentinel AI Core monitor! The access codes will be given to the appropriate people. This gadget tells you the status of a Sentinel, and how its learning, and what its focused on learning. It could smooth relations between the officers and the Sentinels, since they'll have an idea of what it wants to learn.

Here is the gadget!

Sentinel 101
AI Core Status
- Under Repair
Currently Learning - Why a Hacker, resorts to petty theft

Sentinel 201
AI Core Status
- Nominal
Currently Learning - Optimal anti-bomber tactics

Sentinel 301
AI Core Status
- Nominal
Currently Learning - Dual Mini Razor combat tactics

Any suggestions to improve the gadget are welcome.

I hope that these gadgets help you pilots that are given the codes! By that I mean LPI, LN and LSF!. Take care out there, and stay out of my laboratory you scoundrals!

Sentinel Public Relations Office - rayne - 06-12-2009

.:Incoming Transmission:.
[Image: Julia.png]
.:Comm ID: LSF Julia Wolfe:.
.:Location: Classified:.
.:Encryption Protocol: Alpha 2:.

Greetings LPI.

One of your 100 series models malfunctioned in a critical situation, one of my agents was present for this. The unit fired all its ordinance wildly and my agent is lucky to be alive.

I recommend you run diagnostics on this series of Sentinel.

Director of [color=#FF0000]**CLASSIFIED**
Miss Julia Wolfe

[color=#FF0000].:Transmission Terminated:.
.:Signal Lost:.
.:Trace......... Impossible:.