Discovery Gaming Community
The wiki update status - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Discovery Wiki (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Thread: The wiki update status (/showthread.php?tid=22144)

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-09-2012

All of the pages for weapons and ship equipment have been updated.

RE: The wiki update status - Oystein Baadsvik - 11-09-2012

I see that now when you go to "Mineable Commodities" page and click on any ore. It does give you where to sell it which is great but it no longer tell you the yields of fields in each system.

Thats a shame as it was a useful bit of info. Can it be found anywhere else?

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-09-2012

That data was not current and I did not have current data to replace it with when the pages were generated. Updated info will be added soon, few days maybe

RE: The wiki update status - Lord_Helmet - 11-15-2012

I noticed that some tables (Cap Ship Class 8, 10, Cap Ship Missiles) are now merged. Is it for some reason? I found it easier to read, when flaks, missiles and guns were listed separately. I can do this myself, but I think this has been done for some reason and I won't do the work if it gets reverted anyway.

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-15-2012

(11-15-2012, 04:27 PM)Lord_Helmet Wrote: I noticed that some tables (Cap Ship Class 8, 10, Cap Ship Missiles) are now merged. Is it for some reason? I found it easier to read, when flaks, missiles and guns were listed separately. I can do this myself, but I think this has been done for some reason and I won't do the work if it gets reverted anyway.

All of the class-specific tables were consolidated into a single table for that class in order to make their stats easy to compare. For example, Class 10 Turrets shows all the class-10 missiles and guns in the same table for comparing range, DPS, etc.

There is a separate consolidated table for Capital Ship Missiles, since all the motorized projectiles have additional stats for turning and explosion radius.

Lists of equipment are cheap to produce, we can make however many are desired. See this thread and give some input. I could see splitting flak into a separate table, since they are their own weird thing, and not comparable to secondary turrets or missiles.

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-16-2012

The lists of ships linked from the ship portal have been updated. Updated versions of the ship-specific pages will begin appearing shortly.

RE: The wiki update status - Lord_Helmet - 11-16-2012

I suggest to remove the Geb from the Battleships and create a new list with Battlecruisers. They have a significant lower turning speed than cruisers, are the only one which can use t8 and t9 (from the cruisers) and have a lower thruster speed than "ordinary" cruisers. The cruiser table then can be reduced to t6 and t7.

In Battleships you can remove CDs then, because no one has one. I also suggest to remove the FG, cause only very few ships have a FG and it's better to show this fact otherwise than add an entire row only for this. I also advice to use the name of the Battleships. They are shorter, hence there is more space for other information. People looking at the table know that all of these are Battleships, so no really new information is given if you name it "Gallic Battleship" instead of "Valor".
I have attached a simple modification of your Battleship table, to show the general line I would appreciate. It's more "calm" (sorry can't explain it better, should have paid more attention to my english teacher, it seems...)

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-16-2012

(11-16-2012, 10:47 PM)Lord_Helmet Wrote: I suggest to remove the Geb from the Battleships
I moved it to cruisers earlier

Quote:create a new list with Battlecruisers
We talked about this in the wiki skype chat a bit. My position is that the factions only have a couple of ships available to them and it is easier to compare them when they are in the same table. It's not like the transports where there are 50 ships to choose from, there are generally only 1-2 faction ships and maybe a couple that work with technerf, and having them in separate tables is counterproductive.

However they do have different hard-points and they are also flown differently, so they meet the uniqueness criteria.

Quote:I also advice to use the name of the Battleships. They are shorter, hence there is more space for other information.
The table data is extracted from the INI files, when the data changes in the INI it will show up in the wiki.

Thanks for the comments

RE: The wiki update status - Anaximander - 11-18-2012

hello thanks for the work on the wiki.

could you possibly change naming conventions back for caps? for instance if i go there and i'd like to see stats for storta and hit ctrl+f and type storta, nothing shows - a lot of ships go by their given name not their type name. right now there's two columns essentially giving the same information (e.g. "Outcast Destroyer" / "Outcasts"), it would be better to have "Storta" / "Outcasts".

thx.

RE: The wiki update status - Ursus - 11-18-2012

Go login to a game account and look at your ship-selection screen, see it says Sabre for the VHF and Outcast Destroyer for the cap? Transports and up dont use the nicknames for the short name. They will have to be renamed manually.